What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Brandon Jones (1 Viewer)

Jack Ham & Eggs

Footballguy
I know a lot of sharks were high on Brandon Jones last year as a possible breakout player. He showed flashes but had some injury issues and it never quite happened.

My question is how the signing of David Givens and the unsettled QB situation affect his long-term value. Right now he looks like a #3 WR who might be dealing with growing pains at the QB position.

Hypothetical: If he was available in your dynasty college draft this year where do you think he'd be picked?

I know a lot of sharks were high on Brandon Jones last year as a possible breakout player. He showed flashes but had some injury issues and it never quite happened.

My question is how the signing of David Givens and the unsettled QB situation affect his long-term value. Right now he looks like a #3 WR who might be dealing with growing pains at the QB position.

Hypothetical: If he was available in your dynasty college draft this year where do you think he'd be picked?
Roydell is your #3 and future #2. Jones might be a factor in 2007, but he won't be this year. I was a big Jones fan in training camp, but Roydell looks like the much better NFL WR.

You answered your own question really. Questionable QB situation, Troupe, Givens now in the picture, Bennett, Roydell, Roby.

If I were having to pick a receiver for the long term in Tennessee, I wouldn't select anyone but Troupe. Could be quite a while before we see a TN receiver break 1000 yards.

You answered your own question really. Questionable QB situation, Troupe, Givens now in the picture, Bennett, Roydell, Roby.

If I were having to pick a receiver for the long term in Tennessee, I wouldn't select anyone but Troupe. Could be quite a while before we see a TN receiver break 1000 yards.
Givens is a nice sleeper IMHO. Bennett could be huge if Volek is the man...Volek has a mancrush on him.

I can tell you where he should probably be picked among NFL WRs in a dynasty draft today, which makes more sense. No rookies included, I would pick him as the 55-60 range. Not very good for a young guy.

Givens is a nice sleeper IMHO. Bennett could be huge if Volek is the man...Volek has a mancrush on him.
I agree. I think Roby has the biggest upside of the 3 rook WRs from last year

Disagree on Roby, Roydell started to show something last year...moreseo than Roby IMHO.

Disagree on Roby, Roydell started to show something last year...moreseo than Roby IMHO.
I just remember scouts/web folks thinking he was the most raw but with the biggest upside. During the season, I thought I could tell what they were referring to.Interesting about Roydell iw ouldn't have expected you'd say him. I'll keep an eye on him

I just remember scouts/web folks thinking he was the most raw but with the biggest upside. During the season, I thought I could tell what they were referring to.Interesting about Roydell iw ouldn't have expected you'd say him. I'll keep an eye on him
Well, Diesel is more tuned into Tennessee than I am and it looks like he agrees.

A longshot maybe, but keep an eye on Calico as well. A a previous poster stated: situation is crowded. To go along with that OC Chow seems to look to the TE's frequently. B Jones is someone to keep on radar in Dynasty leagues for 2007.

Roydell is your #3 and future #2. Jones might be a factor in 2007, but he won't be this year. I was a big Jones fan in training camp, but Roydell looks like the much better NFL WR.
Is there any concern with Roydell and him breaking his wrist late in the season last year? Will that affect him at all this year or is that a non-issue at this point? (I never really saw anywhere how serious it was at the time)

Let me muddy the waters even more. I think the sleeper WR this year is...Bobby Wade. Yes, I said it...Bobby Wade.

Now, I'm not saying 85/1000/12 -- I'm saying he takes some catches and becomes a decent slot guy for us -- running some of the old Derrick Mason stuff.

I know he had his kick/punt return issues in CHI but the coaches really liked him with what he was doing at WR.

Bottom line -- I think you see something like what we've seen in NE. 4-6 WR getting the ball spread around, plus 2 TE.

I do think the top 2 will be Givens/Bennett, then likely Roydell and then Wade.

If I was in a TE league, I'd be ALL over Ben Troupe. I'm not convinced that Kinney won't be traded.

People around here generally know how I feel about him. Do a search, there is a great thread on him dating back to last preseason.

A longshot maybe, but keep an eye on Calico as well.
Everything I read is that he's a prety good bet to be cut or traded. Bennett, Givens, 3 rooks from last year, Wade=6 WR they won't keep 7. He's had his chances.

Users who are viewing this thread