What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

California’s water supply is shrinking rapidly (1 Viewer)

Maybe they should cut back a little and let non drought states pick up the slack? Just a thought. They are #1 at food production at like 11%. Texas, Kansas and other Midwest states aren't far behind. I mean it's a crisis after all.

Maybe they should cut back a little and let non drought states pick up the slack? Just a thought. They are #1 at food production at like 11%. Texas, Kansas and other Midwest states aren't far behind. I mean it's a crisis after all.
They? Who’s they? Is there something stopping the agriculture companies from growing in another state? Are we no longer a free market?

Agriculture makes up 80% of the business and residential water use. Blaming “selfish Californians“ for the water shortage is ridiculous. Residential usage is a tiny percentage of the overall use.

They? Who’s they? Is there something stopping the agriculture companies from growing in another state? Are we no longer a free market?

Agriculture makes up 80% of the business and residential water use. Blaming “selfish Californians“ for the water shortage is ridiculous. Residential usage is a tiny percentage of the overall use.
They = California agriculture. I understand what you're saying, but individual Californians water usage was a higher % then what the Governor was asking. Individuals need to cut back along with the Agriculture sector. If it's a crisis, which it is, then sharp cuts should be made.

They = California agriculture. I understand what you're saying, but individual Californians water usage was a higher % then what the Governor was asking. Individuals need to cut back along with the Agriculture sector. If it's a crisis, which it is, then sharp cuts should be made.
What I’m addressing is the snark like your first post from people outside the state with an Anti Cali bias pointing the fingers at the people who live here calling us all selfish. Could some residents reduce their water consumption, of course. But even if everyone used the absolute bare minimum to survive it still would only reduce the overall consumption by a few percentage points. The truth is people like yourself could actually have a greater impact then we Cali‘s can. Stop buying Almonds an other water intensive nuts. Force the industry to change. But blaming “selfish Californians” is just Cali hating BS.

What I’m addressing is the snark like your first post from people outside the state with an Anti Cali bias pointing the fingers at the people who live here calling us all selfish. Could some residents reduce their water consumption, of course. But even if everyone used the absolute bare minimum to survive it still would only reduce the overall consumption by a few percentage points. The truth is people like yourself could actually have a greater impact then we Cali‘s can. Stop buying Almonds an other water intensive nuts. Force the industry to change. But blaming “selfish Californians” is just Cali hating BS.
I already help. I don't buy Almonds and rarely buy peanuts in general. When individual Californians are way over the water usage limits asked for by their elected officials, then yes, it's selfish to do that. The average individual usage was 83 gallons a day. The California government was asking individuals to use 55. What would you call that during a severe drought? Wasteful? Selfish? Flippant? I call it Selfish. I apologize if that bothers you.

Eta: I have nothing against California. I loved San Diego when I was stationed there. Southern California was beautiful. I just disagree with how the government, agriculture, and individuals are handling the drought. I don't like wine and rarely eat grapes. So there's a couple more things I help with.

Last edited:

I already help. I don't buy Almonds and rarely buy peanuts in general. When individual Californians are way over the water usage limits asked for by their elected officials, then yes, it's selfish to do that. The average individual usage was 83 gallons a day. The California government was asking individuals to use 55. What would you call that during a severe drought? Wasteful? Selfish? Flippant? I call it Selfish. I apologize if that bothers you.

You don’t need to quote me stats I live here I’m well aware of them.

I thought you said we have bad leadership here. In fact, I think the exact words were “horrible”. Now you’re advocating that that leadership is what we should be listening to?

But hey, I get it it’s way more comfortable and fun with your friends to blame the residences of California who can affect things by 2% and completely gloss over the 80%. Where’s the Cali bashing fun in that. Keep enjoying that food we grow though.

You don’t need to quote me stats I live here I’m well aware of them.

I thought you said we have bad leadership here. In fact, I think the exact words were “horrible”. Now you’re advocating that that leadership is what we should be listening to?

But hey, I get it it’s way more comfortable and fun with your friends to blame the residences of California who can affect things by 2% and completely gloss over the 80%. Where’s the Cali bashing fun in that. Keep enjoying that food we grow though.
I personally think the leadership is bad. Californians voted them in, so they should at least try to follow the policies the voted for. I'm sure my food comes from all over US. My state is in the top 10 US food producers. Probably get more local produced food.

Users who are viewing this thread