What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

California will soon be the world's 5th largest economy. (2 Viewers)

I really don't understand why people hate California so much. Ok, you disagree with their politics. That's a reason to wish ill on 40 million people?

Besides, have you been to California? Its freakin' beautiful. And the weather is perfect.
I always wanted to live in Orange County. I’m sure it’s changed a lot since I’ve last visited. It would hard for someone to move to California from a lower cost of living area. The politics would drive me nuts also. I doubt you could afford to live along the ocean counties unless you made 100K+.

I always wanted to live in Orange County. I’m sure it’s changed a lot since I’ve last visited. It would hard for someone to move to California from a lower cost of living area. The politics would drive me nuts also. I doubt you could afford to live along the ocean counties unless you made 100K+.
Not sure when you last visited but much of OC (particularly southern OC like San Clemente, Dana Point, etc) aren’t much different. Cost of living is nuts, but it’s always been that way. Living on the ocean in perfect weather and no bugs (at least the flying biting kind) is always going to be spendy, same as it ever was.

Not sure when you last visited but much of OC (particularly southern OC like San Clemente, Dana Point, etc) aren’t much different. Cost of living is nuts, but it’s always been that way. Living on the ocean in perfect weather and no bugs (at least the flying biting kind) is always going to be spendy, same as it ever was.
It’s been 30 years. I was there in 1980 when the Irvine/Tustin area was really exploding. Went back in 92, was mainly around Burbank area, but drove to SD to see some Padres games.

LOL, California has done nothing to become the fourth largest economy on the planet.

Europe, Germany in particular, is deindustrializing. So, in reality, Germany is slinking backwards into the cold and dark. Same country that hailed renewables as the way is bringing three coal fired power plants back to life and firewood is back in vogue. (Good job Greta :lmao:)

Deindustrialization in Europe:
Fertilizer down 70%
Aluminum down 50%
Silicon down 27%
Steel down 17%
Paper & packaging down 15%
100% of Zinc Smelters shut or curtailed
Total chem industry set to decline 40%, due to natural gas shortages. (Please don't bother with replies telling me natural gas will be back for Europe in the future. It won't)

Nothing huh?

I’m not name calling. I made that very clear. I’m asking an honest question as your posts above seem to be intertwining the two things (debt and deficit).

yes they are different - how often do you see a State or a Govt with high debt and surplus deficit ?

so we are clear

Generally speaking, state balanced budget requirements come in three forms:

• The governor is required to propose a balanced budget
  • The state legislature is required to pass a balanced budget
  • No deficit can be carried over into the next fiscal year1

While the federal government can raise money by selling treasury securities, this option is not available to state and local governments. Debt requires approval of the legislature or even the voting public. Another major constraint is the democratic process itself. Officials who run up government debt can be voted out of office if they fail to uphold their own laws. State and local governments do not have the economic ability to run fiscal deficits to encourage aggregate demand like the federal government. With this macroeconomic handicap, many state and local economies ask for federal aid during times of hardship.

In the fiscal year of 2021, California's state debt stood at about 143.73 billion U.S. dollars. By the fiscal year of 2027, this is expected to increase to about 188.54 billion U.S. dollars.

Do we agree that CA has around 143 Billion in Debt ?

The annual Fiscal Outlook publication gives our office’s independent assessment of the California state budget condition for the upcoming fiscal year and over the longer term. We find the budget situation has improved considerably relative to the June budget act with an estimated $26 billion windfall in 2021-22. However, the state also faces an operating deficit beginning in 2021-22 and throughout the outlook period, growing to $17 billion by 2024-25. Our analysis also finds it is quite unlikely for revenues to grow fast enough for the budget to break even and erase the operating deficit.

I really don't understand why people hate California so much. Ok, you disagree with their politics. That's a reason to wish ill on 40 million people?

Besides, have you been to California? Its freakin' beautiful. And the weather is perfect.

its the most gorgeous of states I've been too - and I've been to most of them save Alaska and Hawaii ......... because of the Sierra's more than anything else

LOL, California has done nothing to become the fourth largest economy on the planet.

Europe, Germany in particular, is deindustrializing. So, in reality, Germany is slinking backwards into the cold and dark. Same country that hailed renewables as the way is bringing three coal fired power plants back to life and firewood is back in vogue. (Good job Greta :lmao:)

Fertilizer down 70%
Aluminum down 50%
Silicon down 27%
Steel down 17%
Total chem industry set to decline 40%, due to natural gas shortages. (Please don't bother with replies telling me natural gas will be back for Europe in the future. It won't)

Nothing huh?
Nothing new.
So yes.

Fertilizer down 70%
Aluminum down 50%
Silicon down 27%
Steel down 17%

Nothing huh?
Nothing new.
So yes.
Feel free to edit your first post for those of us who had no clue what you were talking about.

Fertilizer down 70%
Aluminum down 50%
Silicon down 27%
Steel down 17%

Nothing huh?
Nothing new.
So yes.
Feel free to edit your first post for those of us who had no clue what you were talking about.
Nah

If you have to support a family you can barely afford rent there on that income. Forget about owning a home unless you have a household income of $250k or more.

If you have to support a family you can barely afford rent there on that income. Forget about owning a home unless you have a household income of $250k or more.
Exactly, so much for the American Dream.

I can’t find it but I predicted San Fran was a few years away from becoming the next Detroit. The board lefties laughed at me. All my old colleagues that still work there are telling me they can hire 1 body in San Fran / S Valley or 2 anywhere else in the country remotely. The Juul building sold for 400 million 4 years ago. Today it’s listed for 155 mil.

Users who are viewing this thread