What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Camera phone pic of the day (1 Viewer)

Ran into this little guy in the parking lot while leaving work Saturday.

Better shot

He was a 3 footer, and would have made a tasty snack. Unfortunately, I had to call in a trapper to relocate him.
Why do you have to call a trapper?State law?
Nah...in fact when you call they usually ask if theres a lake or pond nearby. If there is, they usually wont bother coming to get em. I work on a busy highway next to a home depot and McDonalds, so having a gator, even a small one, wandering around parking lots where there could be kids or senior citizens isnt a good idea....that, and when they wander into a street where traffic is doing 50+ mph, an accident is pretty much a given.

Ran into this little guy in the parking lot while leaving work Saturday.

Better shot

He was a 3 footer, and would have made a tasty snack. Unfortunately, I had to call in a trapper to relocate him.
Why do you have to call a trapper?State law?
Nah...in fact when you call they usually ask if theres a lake or pond nearby. If there is, they usually wont bother coming to get em. I work on a busy highway next to a home depot and McDonalds, so having a gator, even a small one, wandering around parking lots where there could be kids or senior citizens isnt a good idea....that, and when they wander into a street where traffic is doing 50+ mph, an accident is pretty much a given.
Could you have taken care of it and had a tasty snack or is there a rule against that there?

Theres no Florida law against having tasty snacks. The gator poaching is where the problem comes in.

Sticking with the wilderness theme, last night I caught a pic of this little guy on my porch sneaking a drink from the cat water bowl. He would be considered a tasty snack to lots of folks in this county as well, and can be harvested year round.

I didnt kill or eat him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Theres no Florida law against having tasty snacks. The gator poaching is where the problem comes in.

Sticking with the wilderness theme, last night I caught a pic of this little guy on my porch sneaking a drink from the cat water bowl. He would be considered a tasty snack to lots of folks in this county as well, and can be harvested year round.

I didnt kill or eat him.
Is there a hunting season for them?The gator I mean.

I didnt kill or eat him.
LOL at owning cats.

I didnt kill or eat him.
Is there a hunting season for them?The gator I mean.
Yeah, like Aug something til about October or November. Every year they have a random drawing for the 6000 or so gator harvest permits. They cost almost $300 apiece for Florida residents, and over $1000 apiece for non-residents. Then you only have certain areas you can hunt them in, and a 2 gator limit. Also, Alligator Trapping Agent Licenses are available for $51.50. Trapping agents are allowed to assist trappers in taking alligators, but only in the presence of a permitted trapper.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread