What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Can I Get A Roster of (1 Viewer)

For all of you claiming to be Seahawks fans there is a lithmus test here. I want all of you to go to your closet at home as soon as possible and count how much gear you have with the old color scheme prior to the new unis. If that number is below 3, you are not true Seahawk fans. You just jumped on the bandwagon in the last couple of years.
Huh? I've lived up here since 1982. Serious fan since 1983. I own no Seahawk gear. Nothing. I'm not a fan? My wife wears a Wistrom jersy every Sunday. Does that count? She only has one item though. Bummer. I thought for sure we would qualify. Drat.Glad we have authorities around to inform everyone of these important details. Thanks, man.

For all of you claiming to be Seahawks fans there is a lithmus test here. I want all of you to go to your closet at home as soon as possible and count how much gear you have with the old color scheme prior to the new unis. If that number is below 3, you are not true Seahawk fans. You just jumped on the bandwagon in the last couple of years.
I've got a mix of old and new... old mugs, glasses, license plates, key chains and hats... new jerseys, hats, blankets, pillows, sweatshirts, etc... even my wife has an Alexander jersey, t-shirt and pink Seahawk hat (I hate the pink, but at least she's wearing a Seattle cap :) ). I even carry around my ticket stub from 1994 when Seattle opened in DC against the Redskins... front row... 50 yard line... Do you have any idea how hard it is for a fan of the visiting team to land a pair of Redskins tickets that are front row center on opening day? Oh... and behind the Hawk bench as well :)

I've given it a second thought TheFanatic. You're not worth listening to. Thanks for wasting my time and the bandwidth. Super job.I can name the college of pretty much every Seattle Seahawk starter since the mid-80s. Yeah, I qualify as a fan. You? Well, I doubt it. What exactly are you then? Not sure.

I've given it a second thought TheFanatic. You're not worth listening to. Thanks for wasting my time and the bandwidth. Super job.

I can name the college of pretty much every Seattle Seahawk starter since the mid-80s. Yeah, I qualify as a fan. You? Well, I doubt it. What exactly are you then? Not sure.
You're missing the point there Genius. What I'm saying is that there are a lot of people in this thread that never admitted to being a Hawks fan before the last couple of years. Seahawks gear from the before the new unis is just a symbolic way of showing that one was a fan from prior to the recent success. It's not the only way to show that. It's not a hard and fast rule unless small minded people make it such. Good job in making it such.....Oh, BTW, it's funny how you seem to need my approval to be a fan. Who am I? Some schmuck on a web board. If you are a fan then you know it. More power to you. But there are some people in this thread who are just riding the bandwagon. If you doubt that then you are even more small minded than I thought....And before you say you don't need my approval, if you didn't you wouldn't have spouted off twice about my post trying to prove your level of fanaticism.....

I've given it a second thought TheFanatic. You're not worth listening to. Thanks for wasting my time and the bandwidth. Super job.

I can name the college of pretty much every Seattle Seahawk starter since the mid-80s. Yeah, I qualify as a fan. You? Well, I doubt it. What exactly are you then? Not sure.
I'm not a Seahawks fan. Rams Fan. I was the one wearing the Rams Leather Jacket in 1996 when the Rams had something like 7 wins, followed by 6, 5, and then 4 wins in successive years. Still wore the jacket. I've got an Isaac Bruce Jersey with the old colors that has the numbers peeling off still hanging in my closet. I love that jersey. But what makes me a Rams fan is that I watch every game and support my team no matter what. That's all. I wasn't commenting in this thread about me being a Seahawks fan. I was just commenting on Bandwagon Mentality. That's all. If you've been driving the bus since the mid 80's, bravo....

I love the fact that you can tell me that I'm not a fan prior to this email though. Do you make those erroneous generalizations often?

BTW, good luck this weekend. I'm actually rooting for you guys this weekend. Not a fan, just rooting for you guys. Let's try to bring that trophy back to the NFC West...

I was just commenting on Bandwagon Mentality. That's all. If you've been driving the bus since the mid 80's, bravo....
Please point out the "band-wagon" fans. TIA.

What I'm saying is that there are a lot of people in this thread that never admitted to being a Hawks fan before the last couple of years.
Perhaps you should have just said that instead of coming up with a cheesy litmus test.

I was just commenting on Bandwagon Mentality. That's all. If you've been driving the bus since the mid 80's, bravo....
Please point out the "band-wagon" fans. TIA.
About 20K fans in the stadium this weekend...Want me to point out the small minded Bandwagon Bus Driver who's been driving the bus since the early 80's? That guy more than anyone should see the people piling on in the last 2 years. But then there's that small minded thing holding him back. Good luck with that...

What I'm saying is that there are a lot of people in this thread that never admitted to being a Hawks fan before the last couple of years.
Perhaps you should have just said that instead of coming up with a cheesy litmus test.
Maybe you shouldn't have overreacted like a child who's helium balloon just popped. Lighten up Francis. It was just an example. Oh, and I thought i was wasting your bandwidth? Yet you keep coming back.

Lighten up Francis.  It was just an example.  Oh, and I thought i was wasting your bandwidth?  Yet you keep coming back.
Who needs to lighten up? You're the one that's being insulting. You can do better than name calling. Genius? child? Francis? I don't see myself being the immature one here.You mentioned "bandwagon fans" specifically in this thread. Please point them out. Actually, why would they matter? What do I, or you, care if someone is a bandwagon fan? How would that in any way detract from my enjoyment of the recent Seattle success?

Last edited by a moderator:
Lighten up Francis.  It was just an example.  Oh, and I thought i was wasting your bandwidth?  Yet you keep coming back.
Who needs to lighten up? You're the one that's being insulting. You can do better than name calling. Genius? child? Francis? I don't see myself being the immature one here.You mentioned "bandwagon fans" specifically in this thread. Please point them out. Actually, why would they matter? What do I, or you, care if someone is a bandwagon fan? How would that in any way detract from my enjoyment of the recent Seattle success?
Nope, because they are all just 'schmucks on a web board'. ;)

Hawk fan ever since I moved to Seattle in 1990....which means a lot of lean years until recently....I think I might vomit I'm so nervous about this game. :X

Lighten up Francis. It was just an example. Oh, and I thought i was wasting your bandwidth? Yet you keep coming back.
Sounds like someone woke up cranky this morning. You are wound tighter than a steel spring. Go for a walk, punch a pillow, kick your dog, get a message, do whatever it takes to lighten up. If you live in Seattle I guess 30 something straight days of rain can have an effect on people but this is ridiculous. It's just a friggin web forum....Genius, Child and Francis (it's a line from Stripes not an insult there Genius) were all in response to the comment about my post being a waste of bandwidth. I'm not the one who overreacted to my lithmus test. I mean, how seriously can you take a lithmus test of under 3 garments with the old colors? I guess in your case quite a lot. You got defensive not once, but twice before I could even respond. I noticed one guy was quite proud to pass that lithmus test. You on the other hand are quite offended by it. Relax.....

I'm from Sammamish and have been a seahawks fan forever. First playoff win in my lifetime was last saturday. I was a few months too young for the other one...

Hey Fanatic....I think where the confusion lies, is that as Seahawks fans, the term bandwagon and Seattle just don't fit together. We are a humble group that have weathered more 8-8 seasons than we care to remember. We are rarely great, infrequently awful, and fantasically mediocre. Always hoping for the season that we find ourselves nearing the end of. It's rare to find a Hawk fan that talks a lot of trash because we've found that over the years as much as we could hang with the big dogs, we'd always find a way to lose a stinker to lousy team. And for those of us misplaced fans who live so far away, we quitely sit in the back of the sports bar watching the game on the smallest TV in the joint with one other guy... who is only watching it because he either a) has Alexander on his fantasy team or b) has money on the game.So I think the reaction you got, you got because the term "band wagon Seahawk fan" really doesn't make sense to us. We weigh our fanaticism in rooting year in and year out for a team that has always been so close to breaking away from the .500 mark only to be hamstrung by bad officiating, inopportune turnovers, and just plain dumb luck.... not in how much merch we've squirelled away. I mean honestly, it's pretty tough to find if you aren't in Seattle. :) I'll grab all I can but that doesn't make me a bigger fan than the next guy.... just the first to the clearance rack :P Seahawk fans know they are.

Yes, please don't ruin our moment while we have it, we have had enough to deal with when it comes to the Sonics and Mariners.

Hey Fanatic....

I think where the confusion lies, is that as Seahawks fans, the term bandwagon and Seattle just don't fit together. We are a humble group that have weathered more 8-8 seasons than we care to remember. We are rarely great, infrequently awful, and fantasically mediocre. Always hoping for the season that we find ourselves nearing the end of. It's rare to find a Hawk fan that talks a lot of trash because we've found that over the years as much as we could hang with the big dogs, we'd always find a way to lose a stinker to lousy team. And for those of us misplaced fans who live so far away, we quitely sit in the back of the sports bar watching the game on the smallest TV in the joint with one other guy... who is only watching it because he either a) has Alexander on his fantasy team or b) has money on the game.

So I think the reaction you got, you got because the term "band wagon Seahawk fan" really doesn't make sense to us. We weigh our fanaticism in rooting year in and year out for a team that has always been so close to breaking away from the .500 mark only to be hamstrung by bad officiating, inopportune turnovers, and just plain dumb luck.... not in how much merch we've squirelled away. I mean honestly, it's pretty tough to find if you aren't in Seattle. :) I'll grab all I can but that doesn't make me a bigger fan than the next guy.... just the first to the clearance rack :P

Seahawk fans know they are.
:goodposting:

Born and raised in Seattle, I've been a fan since day 1---I was 9 that year. I moved to Utah 12 years ago, but proudly wear the Seattle gear around town in good years and bad---this year has been especially nice. Let's keep it going Hawks.

My Bro-in-Law is a huge 'Hawks fan. And he is New Jersey born and raised. Still has his Authentic Rick Mrier(sp) jersey. :shrug:

My Bro-in-Law is a huge 'Hawks fan. And he is New Jersey born and raised. Still has his Authentic Rick Mrier(sp) jersey. :shrug:
There are a few of us not born and raised in the PNW who are fans but not many. I've met a handful in Michigan over the years and most people since I was a kid just think I'm nutty for being a Seahawks fan. For me having the Seahawks go to Detroit would be a sports dream. Panthers are still in the way however.

My Bro-in-Law is a huge 'Hawks fan.  And he is New Jersey born and raised.  Still has his Authentic Rick Mrier(sp)  jersey. :shrug:
There are a few of us not born and raised in the PNW who are fans but not many. I've met a handful in Michigan over the years and most people since I was a kid just think I'm nutty for being a Seahawks fan. For me having the Seahawks go to Detroit would be a sports dream. Panthers are still in the way however.
My buddy just moved from Oregon to Grand Rapids. I called him and told him to track down tickets.He said that tickets are very easy to get at Ford Field, but probably not after this weekend.

My Chargers are playing at Seattle next year, and I've convinced wifey to make a weekend of it and see the city while hitting the Charger game on Sunday.Couple questions: On which side of the stadium should we sit to get the great view of downtown that is often featured in the shots on tv? Any personal experiences with certain sections that you would recommend?Where in the city do we want to stay? We won't be renting a car - we'll be cabbing it. Is there an area that is lively for music and nightlife that we must see?Thanks in advance.

My Chargers are playing at Seattle next year, and I've convinced wifey to make a weekend of it and see the city while hitting the Charger game on Sunday.

Couple questions: On which side of the stadium should we sit to get the great view of downtown that is often featured in the shots on tv? Any personal experiences with certain sections that you would recommend?

Where in the city do we want to stay? We won't be renting a car - we'll be cabbing it. Is there an area that is lively for music and nightlife that we must see?

Thanks in advance.
I was hoping they would play that game in SD this year. I live in SoCal and used to get to see my 'Hawks every year. Knew they were playing each other and had a 50-50 shot. Boutros Boutros Golly. Guess I have to make a roadtrip.PS Qualcomm is THE best place for tailgating. Nothing like hotties in short shorts drunk in the parking lot in November and December.

PSS I'm not from Seattle (Spokane and Vancouver) but when I go up there for games I like Fado Irish Pub, Martini Joe's, Ivar's restaurant for oysters and some downstairs bar called Cat and Fiddle or somthing like that, maybe Fox and Hound. Any locals know which one I'm talking about?

Users who are viewing this thread