What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Christine Michael Volume 3: Inevitable Greatness Soon Achieved (3 Viewers)

Alright, I have a couple more nominees to add to the list of most over hyped bandwagon threads (joining Cmike and Tebow):

David Wilson

Cordarelle Patterson

I'm excited that we get a new C-Mike thread but I'm not sure it can ever live up to the old one. The old thread had "insider" information on Randle's beer pong habits and how it would affect opportunities for Michael. Let's hope this thread can reach that level of hard-hitting analysis.

ESPN's Ed Werder reports the Cowboys are not planning to sign another running back despite losing Lance Dunbar (knee) for the season.
It means Christine Michael is locked in as Jason Garrett's No. 3 running back, and will be getting touches on Sundays. Long a favorite of the fantasy community, Michael has notched just 54 touches in 2.5 seasons. He's a freak athlete, but hasn't shown much feel for the game. Nevertheless, his upside remains tangible. There are worse players to use your final roster spot on in 12-team leagues.

Source: Ed Werder on Twitter
Oct 6 - 7:19 PM

Hey guys the shtick was okay for awhile but it's not really that funny and defeats the purpose of actually trying to have a thread related to player news and information. If we had a Michael thread actually dedicated to news and info about Michael it would be 2-3 pages and fall off the first page frequently just like almost every other player page and that would be okay too.

It would be nice if people toned it down about 99% for those of us who really just care about fantasy football relevant news.

If all you want to do is crack jokes about Michael and his owners the perhaps you could create a Michael thread in the FFA because right now this thread belongs there.

It's okay to let something go.

ESPN's Ed Werder reports the Cowboys are not planning to sign another running back despite losing Lance Dunbar (knee) for the season.
It means Christine Michael is locked in as Jason Garrett's No. 3 running back, and will be getting touches on Sundays. Long a favorite of the fantasy community, Michael has notched just 54 touches in 2.5 seasons. He's a freak athlete, but hasn't shown much feel for the game. Nevertheless, his upside remains tangible. There are worse players to use your final roster spot on in 12-team leagues.

Oct 6 - 7:19 PM
This is good news. Michael will be on the active roster on sunday from here on out.

Hey guys the shtick was okay for awhile but it's not really that funny and defeats the purpose of actually trying to have a thread related to player news and information. If we had a Michael thread actually dedicated to news and info about Michael it would be 2-3 pages and fall off the first page frequently just like almost every other player page and that would be okay too.

It would be nice if people toned it down about 99% for those of us who really just care about fantasy football relevant news.

If all you want to do is crack jokes about Michael and his owners the perhaps you could create a Michael thread in the FFA because right now this thread belongs there.

I created a news only thread for michael and then other posters ruined it and miss locked it.

Michael is the new Marshawn Lynch. Remember those years of debates about whether Lynch should be starting over Jackson?
WTF are you talking about?

Lynch Carries per year since entering the league:

202(Traded)

24(this year)

Lynch ALWAYS was getting carries but Michael can't even crack the top 3 on a Dallas team that most consider to have horrible RB options. Not saying he is a 100% bust but to compare his situation to Lynch is a little foolish.

:goodposting:

Or at the very least make new jokes or actually be funny. Repeating the same stale material for the nth time is just awful.

Michael is the new Marshawn Lynch. Remember those years of debates about whether Lynch should be starting over Jackson?
WTF are you talking about?

Lynch Carries per year since entering the league:

202(Traded)

24(this year)

Lynch ALWAYS was getting carries but Michael can't even crack the top 3 on a Dallas team that most consider to have horrible RB options. Not saying he is a 100% bust but to compare his situation to Lynch is a little foolish.
Michael Turner has seemed like Michael's "best case scenario" to me for about a year now. Turner logged 24, 57, 83 & 78 touches during his first four seasons behind a HoFer in Ladanian Tomlinson. Then he left as a FA to Atlanta at the age of 26 and had a tremendous four year run. I am not saying Michael = Turner only that I view Turner to be Michael's extreme upside.

Michael turns 25 on Nov 9th and it looks like he may (MAY) get an opportunity a little earlier than Turner but either way I don't think anyone can close the door on him just yet.

Thanks Fanatic. I would rather see the same news story posted four times than 99.9% of the shtick.

Keep it up. :thumbup:

The other thread was locked? There was so much useful information in there, WTF :hot:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's been a long time coming for Michael. But he's been trending in the right direction and let's face it, players emerge sometimes. CJ Anderson did it last season despite being inactive. I'm just happy we will get some actual game experience so we can see what is what. I currently have him and I like to rank the players on my dynasty by dynasty value to me. He's in there right now alongside other lottery tickets Antonio Andréws, Javorius Allen, Zac Zenner and Jay Ajayi. I give each about a 15% chance of doing anything fantasy worthy.

2 months ago wondered if I'd have to cut Tavon Austin (name sounds familiar) and Michael because they sucked. On my taxi squad because I drafted them as rookies.

I just wanted C Mike to get a shot and see what he can do. Hopefully he'll get that chance now. And Austin looks like a receiver finally.

VikingFrog said:
Due to short benches, byes and injuries. If I don't want to drop him, I may have to start him. Yikes.
Do it with confidence!
Yes, confront your fear with confidence.

fantasycurse42 said:
The other thread was locked? There was so much useful information in there, WTF :hot:
Hope you figured you can still read it, just can't post

Traded JRandle to the team with DMC... he wanted no part of Michael. Now he sits (somewhat alone) on my roster and I have to read this thread. :rant:

Is CMike going to get an opportunity because he's got mad skills...or because the Dallas coaching staff continues to throw fits about the way Randle plays? Sure, Randle can be a loose cannon, but is CMike a better RB? Me thinks not. :ph34r:

Alright, I have a couple more nominees to add to the list of most over hyped bandwagon threads (joining Cmike and Tebow):

David Wilson

Cordarelle Patterson
Cody Latimer
I remember the Denarius Moore post got pretty intense.
I believe this list is complete.

Excellent reading when you are bored.

Speaking of Moore, whatever happened to that guy? I forgot all about him.

I remember when it was Moore vs DHB.

those were the days.

David Wilson

Cordarelle Patterson
Cody Latimer

those were the days.
The list is hardly complete. JStew? T. Bell? A. Smith (that RB from Minn)? I could go on. But this is supposed to be a CMike thread, right? Still not sure why the other was locked.

David Wilson

Cordarelle Patterson
Cody Latimer

those were the days.
Have we all forgotten the "Free Gordon" thread of last year? I know you all want to wax nostalgic but let's give some props to a "instant classic" folks.

I realize the night shift has just arrived but could we try to keep the focus on news and info about Michael? Last thread got shut down, multiple bannings and lots of wasted time for people who just care about news and informed opinions about Michael. It would be nice not to have a repeat of that.

Trying to get back on topic. Would Garrison Hearst be a decent comp for a hyped player that was used sparingly early n his career only to breakout with a change of scenery. Not saying they are similar players but possible similar career paths.

i feel fairly confident michael will get more than 1 carry this week. hopefully some holes open up and he can get in the open field. what is his reputation as a receiver?

I know that some are looking for some hyperbolic type news..

I seen the question about hands, and wanted to say something like "Im thinking as good or better than the goat out of SF"

But lets start w/ what We do know..

We know Dunbar was listed as RB2 (which means nothing ) which could mean, that he was the next player on the field following the actual RB1..

IF the RB1 were to be injuried, its possible that McFadden would see a jump in carrys, while Dunbar continues in his previous role..

Sadly, Dunbars role has abrumptly stopped due to injury..

I think it goes w/o saying that Michael has to be looking at two or more carrys.. (Honestly, It isnt much of a reach based on last weeks stat total)

Im also not seeing much on Twitter relating to practice development.. :rant:

However its worth nothing that Sig is still recommending a hold over a handful of RB2's, for the long term outlook.. (Such players include both Rawls and Jones)

Theres also some Trade rumors involving Megatron, but Im not so sure, how that could effect CMike, Or the Cowboys?

Dropping for Ahmad Bradshaw (redraft).
Do you have some news on Bradshaw? Last I see is he worked out for the Colts on Tuesday but it looks like they did not sign him.

If you have scoop I bet there a lot of people who would make the same decision (redraft at least).

Do you have some news on Bradshaw? Last I see is he worked out for the Colts on Tuesday but it looks like they did not sign him.

If you have scoop I bet there a lot of people who would make the same decision (redraft at least).
Please keep Ahmad Bradshaw discussion in the Ahmad Bradshaw topic.

As for C-Mike, I'll take the under on 5 carries as well. But I think it'll be close. It'll be interesting to see how randle's role changes going forward after almost fumbling at the goal-line.

Thomas Jones was 27 years old before he escaped the Arizona/Tampa Bay death traps and landed in Chicago.

The first year in Chicago was promising but average but then he went on a FIVE YEAR RUN where he AVERAGED 1275/9.

I understand anyone who wants to keep the door open on talent. I understand anyone in this day and age of immediate gratification who was tired of him a year ago.

In cases like these, the answer almost always falls somewhere in the middle.

As for C-Mike, I'll take the under on 5 carries as well. But I think it'll be close. It'll be interesting to see how randle's role changes going forward after almost fumbling at the goal-line.
Dunbar had 8, 4, 11 & 3 touches in the first 3 1/2 games. Although only 0, 1, 1 & 3 carries.

Yeah, I could see the under on Michael because I think McFadden is going to absorb most of the receiving opportunities. Unless Michael explodes with his limited opportunities (possible I guess but it doesn't feel likely) or the coaches truly do have Randle on a short leash now, it's tough to see him doing much this week.

ETA: Pretty sure you were kidding but I think people in redrafts who are holding Michael would be interested in a scoop that Ahmad Bradshaw was signed. I think many would choose the known commodity in Bradshaw over the unknown. Not me, though. I am intrigued and my RBs are deep enough for me to hold der wunderkind.

Dunbar had 8, 4, 11 & 3 touches in the first 3 1/2 games. Although only 0, 1, 1 & 3 carries.

Yeah, I could see the under on Michael because I think McFadden is going to absorb most of the receiving opportunities. Unless Michael explodes with his limited opportunities (possible I guess but it doesn't feel likely) or the coaches truly do have Randle on a short leash now, it's tough to see him doing much this week.

ETA: Pretty sure you were kidding but I think people in redrafts who are holding Michael would be interested in a scoop that Ahmad Bradshaw was signed. I think many would choose the known commodity in Bradshaw over the unknown. Not me, though. I am intrigued and my RBs are deep enough for me to hold der wunderkind.
I agree, if Michael explodes on his first run or two, then it could be a hot-hand situation and they just keep feeding him. If he gets stuffed the first few times, he'll probably see less opportunities.

I'll go out on a limb and say that he gets 3x as many carries as he had last week. I also think he'll have -10X as many yards...

During the week are fans allowed in to watch the team practice or is it only media? I want to see how we actually get the news beyond local beat writers. In advance, excuse me if this is a stupid question.

Users who are viewing this thread