What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Christine Michael Volume 3: Inevitable Greatness Soon Achieved (3 Viewers)

It is very difficult to understand why Michael is so polarizing. What is even more bizarre to me is that neither the supporters or the doubters seem to be able (or willing) to acknowledge that they are both participating in the same tactics. Each group seems to say that the other side is ignoring what appears obvious to their own respective viewpoint.

There are a few level heads in here who simply read the actual quotes coming from inside Dallas and take an even keel approach to them. It would be nice if their voices dominated this thread as opposed to those who either lack, or ignore, self awareness.

What we know is that there are multiple quotes coming from Cowboy coaches saying Michael will see increased opportunities and a few observations that he has received some first team reps. No coach has said he is dominating the first team reps, or that he ever did, or that he will be starting over Randle. The only thing we know is that the coaches said he will have more opportunity, considering his max opportunity so far has been one touch that really doesn't mean much.

So why do people get so bent out of shape over this guy to the point that they just seem to want to fight with each other rather than just read the news and see what happens?
If anyone is TRULY getting bent out of shape over a fantasy sport or player they probably need to step away for a while. Hopefully no one takes this TOO seriously. I know I don't. Personally, I couldn't care less how he performs! It's a fantasy game. Let's be real. 99% of the posters in here come here to be right, troll, and argue. The rest of us 1% are only here for the objective truth.

First half of this game is going to be huge. Cowboys are a desperate team and if they head into that locker room trailing with Randle struggling again, well then Garrett will not have a choice at that point.

It is very difficult to understand why Michael is so polarizing. What is even more bizarre to me is that neither the supporters or the doubters seem to be able (or willing) to acknowledge that they are both participating in the same tactics. Each group seems to say that the other side is ignoring what appears obvious to their own respective viewpoint.

There are a few level heads in here who simply read the actual quotes coming from inside Dallas and take an even keel approach to them. It would be nice if their voices dominated this thread as opposed to those who either lack, or ignore, self awareness.

What we know is that there are multiple quotes coming from Cowboy coaches saying Michael will see increased opportunities and a few observations that he has received some first team reps. No coach has said he is dominating the first team reps, or that he ever did, or that he will be starting over Randle. The only thing we know is that the coaches said he will have more opportunity, considering his max opportunity so far has been one touch that really doesn't mean much.

So why do people get so bent out of shape over this guy to the point that they just seem to want to fight with each other rather than just read the news and see what happens?
If anyone is TRULY getting bent out of shape over a fantasy sport or player they probably need to step away for a while. Hopefully no one takes this TOO seriously. I know I don't. Personally, I couldn't care less how he performs! It's a fantasy game. Let's be real. 99% of the posters in here come here to be right, troll, and argue. The rest of us 1% are only here for the objective truth.
Right? We should have a club.

I am sure you are a decent guy georg but from my observations you seem to enjoy to trolling a little bit your-own-self.

Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter 6m

6 minutes ago
Dallas' likely starting RB today vs. Giants is Joseph Randle.

No real surprise here given what we've been hearing from practice. Wish he would have been given the starting nod like it was hinted last week, but I chalk this up to one of two outcomes: 1) the Dallas coaches were giving CM reps and planting things in the media to try and motivate Randle or 2) They're giving JR the start but CM will get his share of work and they're giving him a gameday tryout.

Or both things. Just my gut feeling. Thankfully we'll know a lot more 24 hours from now....the drama surrounding holding this guy on my bench has been fun but I'm getting to the fish or cut bait point quickly.

Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter 6m

6 minutes ago

Dallas' likely starting RB today vs. Giants is Joseph Randle.

No real surprise here given what we've been hearing from practice. Wish he would have been given the starting nod like it was hinted last week, but I chalk this up to one of two outcomes: 1) the Dallas coaches were giving CM reps and planting things in the media to try and motivate Randle or 2) They're giving JR the start but CM will get his share of work and they're giving him a gameday tryout.

Or both things. Just my gut feeling. Thankfully we'll know a lot more 24 hours from now....the drama surrounding holding this guy on my bench has been fun but I'm getting to the fish or cut bait point quickly.
You forgot 3. Coaches don't actually tell reporters what their plans are.

At this point the "supporters" are in complete control while the "doubters" (cmon Chaka - you can say it... haters) are hanging by a thread.

All this back and forth this week has me confused about how to value him this week. Let's hear from people. Are you starting CM and if so over who?

I've got him going in a few leagues, but I'm down Charles, Anderson and K Williams. So my options are pretty terrible. If I could sign up for 8-10 carries and one catch for 40-50 yards and a 30% chance of a TD I'd do it.

No one should've expected Michael to be anointed the "starter" without wrestling that title away from Randle with his performance on the field. Thus far, he hasn't had an opportunity to do that.

I think the appropriate mindset for Michael owners is to be optimistic that he's given that opportunity today. Randle may get the start this week, but the hope is that Michael impresses enough with increased opportunities to force the coaches hand in naming him the starter next week.

Have Jennings over him and David Johnson in another league..if I don't hear any encouraging news somewhere before kickoff he's riding the bench..still looking forward to watching this unfold but the situation is too unclear. He could score 1 point or 20..I really want to play him but his floor is too low

I think we should all remember this is a ff board. When i go into a board meeting or any meeting at work, I act oppropriately for the setting I am in.

Please tell me why I need to act a certain way on a stupid ff board? Because this is such important stuff? Come on guys...relax a tad. This is supposed to be fun.

Chaka, I dont disagree that having level headed discussion would be cool too. It would, but I am realistic enough to know that this is a ff board and the "trolls", "idiots", "excited fans", whatever people want to call them, will always break that party up before long...so why fight it. Just make your point...have fun...poke the trolls that poke you...and dont take any of this seriously.

There is plenty of time to be serious in real life situations..... that actually matter
If I could like this more than once I would.

No one should've expected Michael to be anointed the "starter" without wrestling that title away from Randle with his performance on the field. Thus far, he hasn't had an opportunity to do that.

I think the appropriate mindset for Michael owners is to be optimistic that he's given that opportunity today. Randle may get the start this week, but the hope is that Michael impresses enough with increased opportunities to force the coaches hand in naming him the starter next week.
I agree

I think we should all remember this is a ff board. When i go into a board meeting or any meeting at work, I act oppropriately for the setting I am in.

Please tell me why I need to act a certain way on a stupid ff board? Because this is such important stuff? Come on guys...relax a tad. This is supposed to be fun.

Chaka, I dont disagree that having level headed discussion would be cool too. It would, but I am realistic enough to know that this is a ff board and the "trolls", "idiots", "excited fans", whatever people want to call them, will always break that party up before long...so why fight it. Just make your point...have fun...poke the trolls that poke you...and dont take any of this seriously.

There is plenty of time to be serious in real life situations..... that actually matter
Agree to disagree on everything you said in that post. I don't come here to sift through post after post of trolling behaviors. I know you also own cmike, so cheers to hoping he does something today. :banned:

Last edited by a moderator:
I had cmike starting but with news of Lewis hurt I put Blount back in. Probably the right move even if Lewis was playing

There is no secret agenda, no question mark on usage. As Schefter stated its the same as it's ever been. Randle ran with ones, McFadden ran with twos and on passing plays. What is so hard to interpret? The unwavering support is mind numbing.

There is no secret agenda, no question mark on usage. As Schefter stated its the same as it's ever been. Randle ran with ones, McFadden ran with twos and on passing plays. What is so hard to interpret? The unwavering support is mind numbing.
Sounds like he had his chance in practice these last two weeks and didn't impress. So the gamble not looking like it will pay off, fellow CMike owners.

Evan Silva ‏@evansilva 32m32 minutes ago

Schefter on #Cowboys RB Christine Michael: "Continues to be the 3rd back that they use. I wouldn't count on a lot from him today."

ETA: just about the last straw for me. Expect to drop prior to 2016 season now.

rickyg said:
theplayer11 said:

ESPN Cowboys reporter Todd Archer said Joseph Randle will remain the "lead ball carrier" for Dallas.

Archer said Christine Michael will become more involved, "But all he needs to do to be involved 'more' is get two carries in a game." Cowboys OC Scott Linehan said earlier in the week Randle would handle "a good bulk" of the team's carries and added not to expect "big, huge changes" at the running back position.
Here's what I don't understand: if the above is true, why give michael the bulk of 1st team reps at Rb for the last 2 weeks of practice? Is randle so good at Rb that he doesn't need those reps? It just doesn't add up.
Duh? To see what he can do? What are you talking about?

rickyg said:
theplayer11 said:

ESPN Cowboys reporter Todd Archer said Joseph Randle will remain the "lead ball carrier" for Dallas.

Archer said Christine Michael will become more involved, "But all he needs to do to be involved 'more' is get two carries in a game." Cowboys OC Scott Linehan said earlier in the week Randle would handle "a good bulk" of the team's carries and added not to expect "big, huge changes" at the running back position.
Here's what I don't understand: if the above is true, why give michael the bulk of 1st team reps at Rb for the last 2 weeks of practice? Is randle so good at Rb that he doesn't need those reps? It just doesn't add up.
Duh? To see what he can do? What are you talking about?
And to give him more practice with the first team. You can't just throw him out there as the starter. They are bringing him along I think

This guys a roller coaster of emotions huh? After today we should have a better understanding of his usage. If its 2 carries after his bye week, well maybe he really is damaged goods.

And the saga continues
Not sure how much longer. It's sure starting to feel he didn't do enough these last 2 weeks to earn it. First week was all hype and saying he's getting more snaps and the story has taken major hits the last few days. Not buying the bringing along slowly any more. He has a few more weeks at the end of my roster. If he can't overtake randle or dmc, he just isn't what we thought he was.

This guys a roller coaster of emotions huh? After today we should have a better understanding of his usage. If its 2 carries after his bye week, well maybe he really is damaged goods.
Yes with the caveat that if Randle plays well then CM might not see as much action.

If I could like this more than once I would.
Or lord, he works? Board meetings? I had him pegged for MUCH younger

Gotta sadly admit that everyone who says he had his shot and blew it (either physically or mentally) is probably right. If they're down big at the half he may get his shot though.

Oooooor the media hyped the story and most of you read way too much into it. Those same folks are all guilty of the same thing as they all backtrack this week.

Arrow pointing up atm. We'll see what he shows us this week.

SaintsInDome2006 said:

Schefter on #Cowboys RB Christine Michael: "Continues to be the 3rd back that they use. I wouldn't count on a lot from him today."

Uh Michael hasn't been the 3rd down back, McFadden has. If Michael becomes the 3rd down back that's a big improvement.
It says 3rd back, not 3rd down back.

SaintsInDome2006 said:

Uh Michael hasn't been the 3rd down back, McFadden has. If Michael becomes the 3rd down back that's a big improvement.
lol

What are the chances that Dallas actually is going to give CM a big work load today and using a smoke screen saying Randle will get the start blah blah blah? I mean would there be any advantage to Dallas doing that?

What are the chances that Dallas actually is going to give CM a big work load today and using a smoke screen saying Randle will get the start blah blah blah? I mean would there be any advantage to Dallas doing that?
Why then the first smoke screen of C-Mike being more involved after the bye week and getting 1st team reps and all that??

All these smoke screens and motivation ploys are probably a typical case of fantasy football overanalyzing. Fact is: C-Mike still seems to be behind Randle and McFadden on the depth chart, the matchup isn't that enticing, and with Weeden/without Dez the Cowboys offense will be predictable.

I was tempted to start C-Mike earlier this week, but just inserted Branden Oliver in my starting lineup. If C-Mike isn't getting substantial playing time today, I will move on and let him go.

Why then the first smoke screen of C-Mike being more involved after the bye week and getting 1st team reps and all that??All these smoke screens and motivation ploys are probably a typical case of fantasy football overanalyzing. Fact is: C-Mike still seems to be behind Randle and McFadden on the depth chart, the matchup isn't that enticing, and with Weeden/without Dez the Cowboys offense will be predictable.

I was tempted to start C-Mike earlier this week, but just inserted Branden Oliver in my starting lineup. If C-Mike isn't getting substantial playing time today, I will move on and let him go.
What are you expecting from Oliver?Edit: huh, the SD situation was totally off my radar. I agree that Oliver has to be the play. Just picked him up.

I think we should all remember this is a ff board. When i go into a board meeting or any meeting at work, I act appropriately for the setting I am in.

I'm going to go out on limb and say that a guy that spends as much time on Fantasy Football, nonsensical arguments, and can't spell accelerate has never been in a board meeting.

Just saying ...

Users who are viewing this thread