What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

CINCY versus PITTSBURGH (1 Viewer)

the "upstart kittens, or upset by the Stillers?

• BENGALS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • STEELERS

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SYMPHONY X

Footballguy
Should be a good one!! Who's gonna step up and move on to the 2nd round? I think the Steelers go into Cincy and win a close one. What do you all think?

Looks to me like Cincy has already accomplished their goal for the year. No way do those guys think they are going to beat Pittsburgfh next week.

While Cincinnati has not played well lately, this game is on their home field. I think they got a bit complacent once they clinched the division title, but Marvin Lewis will have them ready to play next week. And remember that Bill Cowher has NEVER won a road playoff game, so that is something to consider, too. This is probably the hardest game to pick of the four next week, so I am not going to pick a winner just yet.

Looks to me like Cincy has already accomplished their goal for the year. No way do those guys think they are going to beat Pittsburgfh next week.
Didn't they just roast the Steelers defense about a month ago? The Bengals are the more talented team. They just need to tackle better on defense. If they, do this won't be close. The Steelers can't stop them.

Didn't they just roast the Steelers defense about a month ago? The Bengals are the more talented team. They just need to tackle better on defense. If they, do this won't be close. The Steelers can't stop them.
And the Steelers went into Cincy earlier this year and dominated the Bengals. So what does that mean? The fact is, Cincy has played terribly the last month of the season while the Steelers have played better and better. These 2 teams are going in opposite directions. The Bengals cannot stop the run and I expect the Steelers to pound the ball all day long.

Looks to me like Cincy has already accomplished their goal for the year.  No way do those guys think  they are going to beat Pittsburgfh next week.
People forget that the Steelers "roasted" the Bengals defense in that game, too. The Steelers had almost 500 yards of offense that day but turned the ball over 4 times. It was only a 7 point loss, and it was a 7 point game heading into the 4th quarter DESPITE all the turnovers.The Steelers ran for well over 200 yards in their first matchup and passed for almost 400 in the second one.

If you believe the Steelers can't stop Palmer and the Bengals' offense, you might want to go back and check out how Palmer did in their first matchup.

If the Steelers run the ball well and control the clock, they'll win again. If they don't, it'll be more like the shootout that the Bengals won a month ago.

The Steelers need to prevent turnovers next week.

I'm calling that the Bengals will jump out to an early 17-3 lead in the first half, forcing the Steelers to abandon the run.Advantage: Cincinnati

The fact is, Cincy has played terribly the last month of the season while the Steelers have played better and better. These 2 teams are going in opposite directions.
Pittsburgh has won four games in a row, but they were awfully shaky today against a bad Lions team at home. And Roethlisberger did not play very well, either. Had that game been against a good team, they might very well have lost. The bottom line is both Pittsburgh and Cincinnati both need to play a lot better than they did today.

Looks to me like Cincy has already accomplished their goal for the year.  No way do those guys think  they are going to beat Pittsburgfh next week.
And the Steelers went into Cincy earlier this year and dominated the Bengals. So what does that mean? The fact is, Cincy has played terribly the last month of the season while the Steelers have played better and better. These 2 teams are going in opposite directions. The Bengals cannot stop the run and I expect the Steelers to pound the ball all day long.
:goodposting:

While Cincinnati has not played well lately, this game is on their home field. I think they got a bit complacent once they clinched the division title, but Marvin Lewis will have them ready to play next week. And remember that Bill Cowher has NEVER won a road playoff game, so that is something to consider, too.

This is probably the hardest game to pick of the four next week, so I am not going to pick a winner just yet.
Marvin Lewis has never won a playoff game as a HC either. One of these has to change and my money is on Cowher and the more experienced Steelers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread