What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (2 Viewers)

Clayton Gray said:
culdeus said:
I'm fine with hitting whomever, but letting anyone take shots with drags first is the best play imo.

I would say let dragons rule the skies till noon tomorrow then turn the bacon loose.
Seems reasonable.

Bucky86 said:
Are we rope-a-doping?
Nope - Phase 1 worry is too strong.
Really excelling on step 1 guys. :clap:
Where the #### are you? I'm 4 in this war and top TH8. Not really liking the view from where I'm ####ting.
Sitting out while all my DE is sunk into a pair of BK upgrades and he's not available for use.
Splitter!

Bucky86 said:
Think I can take #29 on their side? How should I attack that?
29 looks like an easy dragon attack. all dragons including cc so 11, ignore their cc, no need to draw them out when using all dragons. do you have 3 spells? If so go 3 lightning and take out one of the AD first, mind as well take out the level 3 one on the right side. Go in with the dragon on the left side where the one remaining AD is. Good luck.

My guess is that we're going to see some high troop level donations in the CCs this time.

If you can pull off the Black Box patented "lure the CC troops then lightning them and AA at the same time" move I think that would be huge.

To avoid confusion, "aidan" in lower case with an "a" is Clayton Gray, and "AIDEN" in upper case with an "e" is =Smackdown=.

Clayton Gray said:
culdeus said:
I'm fine with hitting whomever, but letting anyone take shots with drags first is the best play imo.

I would say let dragons rule the skies till noon tomorrow then turn the bacon loose.
Seems reasonable.

Bucky86 said:
Are we rope-a-doping?
Nope - Phase 1 worry is too strong.
Really excelling on step 1 guys. :clap:
Where the #### are you? I'm 4 in this war and top TH8. Not really liking the view from where I'm ####ting.
On this subject, I just popped over to the Boog and dropped off a quartet of L3 dragons for the war. Which I totally did not have in my camps because I thought I had wizards queued up before I went attacking. Because I wouldn't do that. Yet again.

But anyhow, if you guys need some attacking troops donated tomorrow, I've done well on DE and have one account up to 7k again already. I can pop over tomorrow with some L4 hogs if there's a shortage of people able to donate that high or better.

To avoid confusion, "aidan" in lower case with an "a" is Clayton Gray, and "AIDEN" in upper case with an "e" is =Smackdown=.
Hold it. What?
There is an aidan in FBG2, that is Clayton Gray's CoC account. There is now an AIDEN in FBG1, which is =Smackdown='s CoC account. Just letting people know, as we had people thinking the latter was Clayton when Smackdown showed up in FBG1.

But anyhow, if you guys need some attacking troops donated tomorrow, I've done well on DE and have one account up to 7k again already. I can pop over tomorrow with some L4 hogs if there's a shortage of people able to donate that high or better.
Yes please!! I think I'll need some hogs to supplement a dragon attack.

I plan on attacking #17 (my +5).

i'd like a stab at #14, confidence is high. was looking at 17 but will leave that one for EY. i'm #20 so i'll also clean up any town left my level or below when i get up. war starts around 4:30am my time in the west coast, so my guess is you guys would have made quite a bit of progress by the time i'm awake.

Man, i got my ### kicked trying for 34. He's my +11. Sorry guys.
If his CC troops survive your lightning, need to eliminate them before sending in the giants.

After that happened, a single archer all the way on the far side of the map from the base so they charge away from the protection of their defenses to kill it. Then surround them with your archers for the kill. Soon as that's done, then the giants and hogs can go in and not have all that extra fire raining down on them. And since you'd have pulled the units far away to kill them, your surviving archers would even walk up behind the giants if you were quick with your deployment, so they wouldn't be wasted.

Some high level calculus in chat about whether drag attacks are better with heal or light.

Pretty sure I'm gonna have to plug this into matlab and do some regressions.

Some high level calculus in chat about whether drag attacks are better with heal or light.

Let me know what it spits out. I have trouble believing heal is better, at least where you spread your dragons out over an entire side of the defender's base, but I'm open to persuasion.

Let me know what it spits out. I have trouble believing heal is better, at least where you spread your dragons out over an entire side of the defender's base, but I'm open to persuasion.
Yes, this will be interesting. I prefer rage to get them in to the AAs as fast as possible

I'm trapped in a conf call.

Basically heal vs. light is going to depend on three factors.

-Depth of best AA

-Depth of remaining AA

-Level of remaining AA

And a few secondary factors

-Level of wiz/arch

Best situation for 3 light would be Deep high level AA with perimeter AA remaining. At that point you deploy where you take these out as fast as possible.

Best situation for 3 heals would be outside AA with few wiz towers. Deploy in one clump and let them ride in together.

Rage is dangerous with drags because their AI is attack everyone. Rage is better for hogs/balls imo. I've had drag attacks go off the rails due to erratic patterning by rage track.

Well I failed to take out 4 with mass drag. I think even if I had gotten that last AA I would have run out of time probably since i had so few left. I'll try another similar th9 in next fbg1 war with heals.

I hope ill be able to finish all my dragons before the war ends. I'm outta elixir. :bag:
Me too.

I'm still trying to find a good trophy range for raids as an early TH8. I've given up on sub200 and am pretty poor. If I hadn't maxed my mines and collectors back in TH7, I'd really be hurting.

I've had very limited experience with rage/heal with drags. Exclusively use lighting on AD and launch. If there are AD close to perimeter I opt for hogs in the CC if possible and drop them as close to the AD as possible. Haven't found a situation where that plan hasn't worked yet.

Thanks to greg for the pro tip on release hogs behind a camp. Allowed me to straight up ruin #6 and sidestep all his traps.

Step 3 is just around the corner.

I've had very limited experience with rage/heal with drags. Exclusively use lighting on AD and launch. If there are AD close to perimeter I opt for hogs in the CC if possible and drop them as close to the AD as possible. Haven't found a situation where that plan hasn't worked yet.
I'm in the same boat. I will whiff once in a while when I got overconfident and sloppy with my dragon deployment, but otherwise this strategy is money.

Hey fbg1, what do we do about j a?

I don't know if he's on here or not, but I have no idea if he plans to participate anymore.

He's been a no-show in several wars, has no donations and has all of his builders idle. That tells me he may be done. Plus he's one of our big hitters so we get stronger opponents because of his base.

Boot him?

I don't know if he's on here or not, but I have no idea if he plans to participate anymore.

He's been a no-show in several wars, has no donations and has all of his builders idle. That tells me he may be done. Plus he's one of our big hitters so we get stronger opponents because of his base.

Boot him?
with FBG1 now the warring clan with 2 wars a week, war participation has to be a factor in that clan imo. though i don't have any qualms about him sticking around there, unless he is a friend of a member who is exclusively in FBG1 he should at least move to FBG2.

on that note, there should be some guidance agreed upon by all regarding war participation for both clans. out-participating and out-donating other clans are why we are successful and this is true across all levels, not just top down. luckily we haven't had to enforce any rules in this manner, but it'll be a topic of discussion during every war if not addressed.

Boot him?
with FBG1 now the warring clan with 2 wars a week, war participation has to be a factor in that clan imo. though i don't have any qualms about him sticking around there, unless he is a friend of a member who is exclusively in FBG1 he should at least move to FBG2.

on that note, there should be some guidance agreed upon by all regarding war participation for both clans. out-participating and out-donating other clans are why we are successful and this is true across all levels, not just top down. luckily we haven't had to enforce any rules in this manner, but it'll be a topic of discussion during every war if not addressed.
Honestly - if he (or anyone else for that matter) hasn't been participating consistently, I don't think there is any harm/foul with booting them. If they come back (or were tied up and couldn't participate but now can), great - invite them back in. We have a few in the boog we might need to do the same.

There are no negative ramifications of being booted from a guild to the individual or the clan.

Users who are viewing this thread