What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clinton Portis (1 Viewer)

damageinc

Footballguy
Clinton Portis - RB - Redskins

Redskins placed RB Clinton Portis on injured reserve.

A recent MRI on Portis' groin revealed only swelling, and he had expressed optimism that he could play in Week 12, but it was never a realistic possibility. His Redskins career is almost certainly over, as he's due a $8.254 million salary in 2011 and is sure to be cut over the offseason. Keiland Williams will be the team's No. 1 back for the time being, though we expect Ryan Torain (hamstring) and James Davis to factor into the mix, as well.

Nov. 24 - 11:27 a.m. ET

Source: Jason Reid on Twitter

Before the season started, Portis was a popular mid-round pick with high upside. One knock on him was that he had much more tread on his tires than others his age. It looks like he was fool's gold. I'm sure he'll get added to an NFL team's bench looking for depth but it's likely that we've seen the last of him as a fantasy starter; think Julius Jones or Ladell Betts in NO this year.

I'll make a mountain out of a molehill: Does this add slight credence to drafting RB-RB in the first two rounds?

Last edited by a moderator:
Lot's of tread and groin injuries are notoriously tough to get over. I could see him being a nice backup somewhere next year though. The guy can blitz pickup with the best of them.

Surprised Shanny didn't just cut him (if Portis really believed he'd be healthy soon). Didn't look bad at all this past weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll make a mountain out of a molehill: Does this add slight credence to drafting RB-RB in the first two rounds?
McFadden, Hillis, and Foster say yes.
Um, show me any league that drafted those guys in round 1 or 2, even foster despite the hype was alike a 4th rounder. not sure I get this comment or something is backwards
I think he reversed the point he was trying to make. To give you an idea of the luck factor involved, I drafted Moss, Austin, Ocho, Charles and Finely in the first five rounds of my PPR. Scrambling for RB help, I picked up McFadden as a handcuff to Bush and with my 2nd to last pick nabbed Hillis. In week 1 I was worried about RB production (greatly worried). By week 7 I was worried about WR production (and still am).I could have picked up Portis as easily as I picked up McFadden, but just lucked out.In my Keep 3, I had both Rice and MJD and did not win a game (started 0-3) until I grabbed Hillis. I did not really go RB-RB, I literally had two of the consensus top 3 RBs to start and it is just beginning to pay off.

Users who are viewing this thread