What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Colin McCarthy (1 Viewer)

Yahoo is reporting as a possible high ankle sprain, which sucks for McCarthy owners.

New player notes Tue, Sep 11

LB Colin McCarthy injured his ankle and was getting an MRI. The fear is that McCarthy could have a high ankle sprain that may cause him to miss some time.

(Yahoo! Sports)

Yahoo is reporting as a possible high ankle sprain, which sucks for McCarthy owners.New player notes Tue, Sep 11LB Colin McCarthy injured his ankle and was getting an MRI. The fear is that McCarthy could have a high ankle sprain that may cause him to miss some time.(Yahoo! Sports)
That's how it looked to me. Didn't appear too severe, but I'd plan on not having McCarthy available this week and possibly next.

'Jene Bramel said:
'wolfpac255 said:
Yahoo is reporting as a possible high ankle sprain, which sucks for McCarthy owners.New player notes Tue, Sep 11LB Colin McCarthy injured his ankle and was getting an MRI. The fear is that McCarthy could have a high ankle sprain that may cause him to miss some time.(Yahoo! Sports)
That's how it looked to me. Didn't appear too severe, but I'd plan on not having McCarthy available this week and possibly next.
:thumbup: Thanks digi digi doc!!!

If McCarthy cant play, who is the better pickup for this week:

Ayers

or

Witherspoon?

Ayers sure had a great game last week, but I'm also thinking of Rey Maualuga or maybe Larry Foote.

(I'm still intrigued by Kelvin Sheppard, but dont have the bench space if he cant produce well this week.)

Any one LB stand above the rest?

Last edited by a moderator:
If McCarthy cant play, who is the better pickup for this week:Ayersor Witherspoon?Ayers sure had a great game last week, but I'm also thinking of Rey Maualuga or maybe Larry Foote.(I'm still intrigued by Kelvin Sheppard, but dont have the bench space if he cant produce well this week.)Any one LB stand above the rest?
I would like to know this as well. Ayers & Witherspoon?P.S. I wouldn't go Maualuga.

'bigal0303 said:
Maualuga is going to see more play with howard out now thats why im stuck thinking about him also.
Rey M already saw all the snaps; he should of had 10 tacks in that Balt Game, hes just not that good.

Colin McCarthy | TEN (September 26, 2012 8:25 AM EDT) Titans MLB Colin McCarthy (ankle) has resumed light running.

McCarthy has missed the last two games and sounds unlikely to play against the Texans in Week 4. "He's running a little bit, doing things like that," coach Mike Munchak said. "It's just a matter of how he progresses the next three or four days as he's doing football-like activities." Will Witherspoon has 20 tackles, one sack and a forced fumble as the fill-in middle 'backer over the last two weeks.

SOURCE: NASHVILLE TENNESSEAN

McCarthy practiced in full today according to Rotoworld.

Drop Ayers for him or can both be productive at the same time?

High ankle sprains are rough injuries I have both and I'm sticking with ayers until I see a good game from McCarthy.

i had to drop this guy after week 2 ... hated doing it, but rosters just aren't deep enough to carry a LB ... not when i already had sean lee and daryl washington. picked up navarro bowman in a trade last week.

someone jumped on mccarthy. i will be curious to see how he produces.

i had to drop this guy after week 2 ... hated doing it, but rosters just aren't deep enough to carry a LB ... not when i already had sean lee and daryl washington. picked up navarro bowman in a trade last week.someone jumped on mccarthy. i will be curious to see how he produces.
I heard he didn't do much in practice sounds less than 50-50 he goes this week.

Titans official website says DNP as well. Maybe there was a set back after Wednesday when he was Limited.

As of right now I am rolling with Ayers again this week in a quality matchup with the Vikings.

this guy is making me sick as my LB1 in the draft. To think of the guys I passed up. Doesn't he have an injury history somewhat? This is looking bad, I'd be suprised if we see any kind of stats out of hime until week 7 or 8. Ugh. Couple this with my DL1 of J Tuck and you can see I'm not too pleased so far.

this guy is making me sick as my LB1 in the draft. To think of the guys I passed up. Doesn't he have an injury history somewhat? This is looking bad, I'd be suprised if we see any kind of stats out of hime until week 7 or 8. Ugh. Couple this with my DL1 of J Tuck and you can see I'm not too pleased so far.
I hear you man. I have McCarthy and Mario Williams as my 1st two IDP picks.

OMGOOMGMGOMGOOGMGMGAt least you're calm about it.

What do we do with McCarthy this week? He was Limited Wednesday and Friday but DNP on Thursday.

Will he play be in subpackages? And if he does play what is Ayers value?

Yeah, I'm in a similar boat..my league starts 1 LB, 1 DP (among others) which are generally LB's in the DP slot...but we can roster a max of 3 LB's so if McCarthy doesn't play I'll have to use a Safety or something b/c I have mason Foster on a bye and refuse to drop either..

Even if he plays I'm not starting him. Gonna roll out Ayers one more week at least.

ETA he tweeted earlier that he was ready to go for Sunday.

'johnnyboy8102 said:
Apparently McCarthy let the Vikings game early.

That is not good considering the Titans play this Thursday.
Tennessee Titans LB Colin McCarthy (ankle) said he left the Week 5 game against the Minnesota Vikings as a precaution, as the team wanted to hold him out late in the blowout loss in hopes of helping him play in the Week 6 game Thursday, Oct. 11, against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

'johnnyboy8102 said:

Tennessee Titans LB Colin McCarthy (ankle) said he left the Week 5 game against the Minnesota Vikings as a precaution, as the team wanted to hold him out late in the blowout loss in hopes of helping him play in the Week 6 game Thursday, Oct. 11, against the Pittsburgh Steelers.
I stand corrected. I am still not sure what to make of him and Ayers (or Brown) at this point though.

'johnnyboy8102 said:

I stand corrected. I am still not sure what to make of him and Ayers (or Brown) at this point though.
At this point, I would rather have Ayers for the next two games.Second half, I would expect McCarthy to earn back his elevated IDP status.

Though Ayers could undoubtedly remain very good/useful.

Rotoworld posted:

McCarthy has resumed his every-down role, playing 60-of-69 snaps in the loss to Minnesota.
However, that doesnt gel with the statement that he left early as a precaution, or that he rotated with Brown and Ayers...I didnt watch the game. If McCarthy played 60 snaps, then he seems solid enough with play time to put him in the lineup (as opposed to waiting a couple of weeks to see how things settle).

Rotoworld posted:

McCarthy has resumed his every-down role, playing 60-of-69 snaps in the loss to Minnesota.
However, that doesnt gel with the statement that he left early as a precaution, or that he rotated with Brown and Ayers...I didnt watch the game. If McCarthy played 60 snaps, then he seems solid enough with play time to put him in the lineup (as opposed to waiting a couple of weeks to see how things settle).
He did play 60 snaps. Ayers played 64.

Rotoworld posted:

Is this including special teams snaps?

Rotoworld posted:

Is this including special teams snaps?
Just defensive snaps.

'johnnyboy8102 said:
Missed all 3 Practices this week. Looks like Ayers is the guy one more week.
Thursday game, probably just resting. I wouldn't worry about it unless we hear of a setback.

He will have a good matchup vs Pitt, but would you rather sit him until you see him perform for someone like Sean Weaterspoon who has a much worse matchup in Oakland?

This is assuming McCarthy plays...although after playing most of the game Sunday I'm sure he will play.

He will have a good matchup vs Pitt, but would you rather sit him until you see him perform for someone like Sean Weaterspoon who has a much worse matchup in Oakland?This is assuming McCarthy plays...although after playing most of the game Sunday I'm sure he will play.
Not inactive any further word?

He's on my bench...starting Fletcher, Burfict, Wagner, and yes KJ Wright over him. I'd rather err on the side of caution and see him put up a 6-2 before I start him and watch him lay an egg if he goes out early. If you're desperate with no other options I'd probably feel fairly comfortable starting him, he's ready to play it seems. I'll be watching closely to see how effective he appears tonight. The steelers should dominate TOP so he could come up big.

He will have a good matchup vs Pitt, but would you rather sit him until you see him perform for someone like Sean Weaterspoon who has a much worse matchup in Oakland?This is assuming McCarthy plays...although after playing most of the game Sunday I'm sure he will play.
Not inactive any further word?

He's on my bench...starting Fletcher, Burfict, Wagner, and yes KJ Wright over him. I'd rather err on the side of caution and see him put up a 6-2 before I start him and watch him lay an egg if he goes out early. If you're desperate with no other options I'd probably feel fairly comfortable starting him, he's ready to play it seems. I'll be watching closely to see how effective he appears tonight. The steelers should dominate TOP so he could come up big.

Thanks, leaning towards taking the gamble but I appreciate the input.Not inactive any further word?

Users who are viewing this thread