What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Congratulations to Joe Gibbs, Offensive Genius (1 Viewer)

:rotflmao: @ a Hall of Fame coach who hasn't been in the league in forever. You want to give him some time to adjust before you start dogging him. :rolleyes:

It took the 'offensive genius' 13 weeks, but FINALLY his team scored more than 20 points. :rotflmao:
The guy has three super bowls victories. He can completely flame out in this stint and he's STILL a football genius.

You had to give Gibbs some time to get back into coaching football. He came from owning & managing NASCAR and Busch series race cars. The only coaching involved in that is to turn left.

let people talk their crap about Gibbs. His record speaks for itself. Write it down, the Skins will be in the playoffs next year. This season will end just like Gibbs very first season. After a horrid start, his team finally comes together, they learn how to play to their stengths, and win.

Look who the poster was. Enough said.
this is all you need to know about this post. I've actually psychoanalized Grid on this board about this and it seems the root cause of his issue dates back to the double-dip in Soldiers Field playoff losses the teddies suffered at the hands of the Gibbs-led Skins, circa 86-87. it'll gall him til the day he dies

Don't let your boner for Joe Gibbs get too big. Look who they were playing. The Giants have NO, i repeat, NO defense, and they've basically given up on the season by handing the team to manning. This offensive performance did not impress me in the least.

Actually, I was laughing at Joe Gibbs numbnuts.
Has Joe seen a doctor about this problem? Numbness usually means a lack of blood circulation, and in the nuts area that is not a good thing. He should probably put himself on the injury report as well.Gibbs, Joe (nuts)

Actually, I was laughing at Joe Gibbs numbnuts.
Has Joe seen a doctor about this problem? Numbness usually means a lack of blood circulation, and in the nuts area that is not a good thing. He should probably put himself on the injury report as well.Gibbs, Joe (nuts)
:goodposting:

It took the 'offensive genius' 13 weeks, but FINALLY his team scored more than 20 points. :rotflmao:
I see no constructive critique here. Call back when you have compiled a coaching record to match his then laugh at him.

Last edited by a moderator:
let people talk their crap about Gibbs. His record speaks for itself. Write it down, the Skins will be in the playoffs next year. This season will end just like Gibbs very first season. After a horrid start, his team finally comes together, they learn how to play to their stengths, and win.
I'd be willing to lay money down on that bet.They can score 20+ points in ONE game this year and they'll make the playoffs next year?Please.... stop yourself.Live in the now, not in the past.Joe Gibbs WAS an offensive genius and a great head coach. It's not like the Skins have a stockpile of draft picks in '05 or any salary cap money to improve themselves much.

let people talk their crap about Gibbs. His record speaks for itself. Write it down, the Skins will be in the playoffs next year.  This season will end just like Gibbs very first season. After a horrid start, his team finally comes together, they learn how to play to their stengths, and win.
I'd be willing to lay money down on that bet.They can score 20+ points in ONE game this year and they'll make the playoffs next year?

Please.... stop yourself.

Live in the now, not in the past.

Joe Gibbs WAS an offensive genius and a great head coach. It's not like the Skins have a stockpile of draft picks in '05 or any salary cap money to improve themselves much.
:unsure:

Looks like Gibbs fans are as sensitive as Favre fans. :bye: Redskins barely beat the Kyle Orton 1st game startin' Bears.

Looks like Gibbs fans are as sensitive as Favre fans. :bye:

Redskins barely beat the Kyle Orton 1st game startin' Bears.
But they did beat them. The Redskins also had a harder schedule this year than the Bears.

Looks like Gibbs fans are as sensitive as Favre fans. :bye:

:confused: the Bears with Orton had one of the best records in the league. Why should the Skins feel ashamed to barely beat them?

Looks like Gibbs fans are as sensitive as Favre fans.  :bye:

But they did beat them. The Redskins also had a harder schedule this year than the Bears.
That is true. But there are 2 things to consider:1-Grossman got hurt in the middle of the preseason. Orton, a 4th round rookie was thrown in and Bears really simplified the offense, playing not to lose. Bears never dreamed they would be in this position today, espically with Orton starting 14 games. That speaks a lot about the division.

2-Gibbs is the so-called offensive genius. Lovie Smith is a defensive genius. Wash should score more than they do. Next week should be interesting with Ramsey starting a must-win game. Like to see how much the playcalling changes (if any). Gibbs never cared for Ramsey much. Too bad, because his upside is far greater than Brunell's.

Looks like Gibbs fans are as sensitive as Favre fans.   :bye:

That is true. But there are 2 things to consider:1-Grossman got hurt in the middle of the preseason. Orton, a 4th round rookie was thrown in and Bears really simplified the offense, playing not to lose. Bears never dreamed they would be in this position today, espically with Orton starting 14 games. That speaks a lot about the division.

2-Gibbs is the so-called offensive genius. Lovie Smith is a defensive genius. Wash should score more than they do. Next week should be interesting with Ramsey starting a must-win game. Like to see how much the playcalling changes (if any). Gibbs never cared for Ramsey much. Too bad, because his upside is far greater than Brunell's.
For starters I'm not a Redskins or Bears fan so I'm unbiased here. Orton still had time to start in some preseason games to get a feel for the starting quarterback position. Big Ben was literally thrown into a game for the Steelers last year near the beginning of the regular season and did well. Both quarterbacks play for teams with great D's, and a good running game. The Skins switched quarterbacks during the first game if you remember. Ramsey went out right before halftime and Brunell came in. I don't see anything shameful in the Skins getting a ugly win against the Bears.Washington's schedule as I mentioned in the other post has been harder than the Bears this year, I also think they were cheated out of a win with the Bucs game. They have scored 20 or more points in 7 games this year, and have played some tough teams with good defenses. Brunell also seemed to be burning out through a stretch there. The guy is old and has had one too many concussions and injuries in his career. It's a wonder he has played as well as he has.

It will be interesting to see how Ramsey does this weekend if he starts with the playoffs on the line. I hope he does well, but not well enough to win since I'm a Carolina fan and the NFC playoffs are very close right now. I think Carolina got screwed this weekend by the refs. That Cundiff kick did hit Peppers on his side. Refs have screwed up a lot of games this year, but Carolina should have never let the Cowboys get back down the field with little time left. It's been good seeing Lovie have a good year. I really like him. The only thing I don't like about the Bears is they beat the Panthers, and reading Gridiron Assassins post. It's fans like him that turn me off to a team.

I love crow...Hopefully the Skins can play the Bears AT Soldier Field in the playoffs, and an ATTEMPT to feed me some crow can take place.The Bears will DESTROY the Redskins at Soldier Field.

I love crow...

Hopefully the Skins can play the Bears AT Soldier Field in the playoffs, and an ATTEMPT to feed me some crow can take place.

The Bears will DESTROY the Redskins at Soldier Field.
I believe Washington played Chicago in Chicago in 1986, when the Bears were the defending champs, and beat the crap out of them.Doug Flutie was the starting QB for the Bears, if I recall correctly.

I love crow...

Hopefully the Skins can play the Bears AT Soldier Field in the playoffs, and an ATTEMPT to feed me some crow can take place.

I believe Washington played Chicago in Chicago in 1986, when the Bears were the defending champs, and beat the crap out of them.Doug Flutie was the starting QB for the Bears, if I recall correctly.
:lmao:

I love crow...

Whats your point????????? That was 1986. He said he hoped the redskins played the bears in Chicago THIS year. Quit posting stupid crap.

I love crow...

Whats your point????????? That was 1986. He said he hoped the redskins played the bears in Chicago THIS year. Quit posting stupid crap.
"The past is for cowards and losers" Mike DitkaBut if you Skins fans want to live in the past, chomp on this:

WORST Championship Loss in the History of ALL Sports

must be rough to have to think of 85 as the last time your team won. I feel for ya. Posting links to old games just reaffirms how long it's been and doesn't help your case

I love crow...

Irony.

LOL @ GRID ###. Rex Grossman (a Spurrier protege!) completes a few passes and the Bears win the division, and he starts getting delirious. :lmao: Let's check off all of the reasons why Gibbs is not an offensive genius. He thinks Mark Brunell can still play QB in the NFL.He benched Ramsey in favor of Brunell.He is trying to use Clinton Portis in his system which is clearly misguided. He dumped Laveranues Coles in favor of Santana Moss. He dumped Rod Gardner. His run-first approach doesn't work in today's NFL. He doesn't know how to communicate with today's players. Dan Snyder is going to interfere with him too much. The rest of the division has gotten so much better that he won't be able to compete. There are only two teams in the NFC with better intra-division records than the 'Skins (9-2), and they are the Bears and the Seahawks at 10-1 each. Any guesses as to who those teams sustained their one loss to? :bye:

There are only two teams in the NFC with better intra-division records than the 'Skins (9-2), and they are the Bears and the Seahawks at 10-1 each. Any guesses as to who those teams sustained their one loss to?
I like this! This ones going in the official Skins thread if you don't mind!

There are only two teams in the NFC with better intra-division records than the 'Skins (9-2), and they are the Bears and the Seahawks at 10-1 each.  Any guesses as to who those teams sustained their one loss to? 
I like this! This ones going in the official Skins thread if you don't mind!
Just make sure your Skins make it to the playoffs so the 'bragging rights' can be settled once and for all.

"The past is for cowards and losers"  Mike Ditka

But if you Skins fans want to live in the past, chomp on this:

WORST Championship Loss in the History of ALL Sports
If you Bears fans want to live in the present, chomp on this:Defense carries Redskins past Bears, 9-7, dated September 11, 2005
Actually, HERE is the present.Must suck looking up a Giant Bears Seahawks Bucs Panthers ####.
Yes, playing in that terrible division will get a team a few extra wins. Congrats on that. You're still not a better team than the Skins. Assuming that the favored teams win this week, the Bears will have played 4 playoff teams this year: They were 1-3 and got outscored 29-55.

By contrast, the Skins will have played 8 games against teams in the playoffs. They went 5-3 and outscored those opponents 167-157.

And, as has been mentioned, the Skins beat the Bears this year.

With the unbalanced schedules in the NFL, the better teams don't always end up with the better records. This is a great case.

Edited to add: And thast not to mention that the Skins also played KC and SD, who are pretty damn good football teams. Thats a total of 10 games against legit contenders....not an easy schedule at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
jwvdcw, If you are going to add the games against KC and SD since they are legit contenders, then you have to add the games Chicago played against Carolina, Atlanta and Minnesota in (they are 3-0 in those games), too. That brings Chicago's record against above .500 teams to 4-3. Washington's record against above .500 teams is 5-5. I would call that a wash. And lets talk losses while we are at it. The Bears worst loss (factoring in opponent, the final score and when they played them) was probably the 20-10 loss at Cleveland (whom, in their previous game, had lost by only 7 points AT Indy). The Redskins worst loss is either the 36-0 loss to the Giants or the home loss to the Raiders (who are 1-7 in their last 8 games, with the lone win being at Washington). Take your pick as to which was worse. Either way, both losses were far worse than the Bears toughest losses this season. As for Washington's win over the Bears, I wouldn't be bragging too much about a week 1 two-point win at home over the Bears considering they were starting a rookie backup quarterback.

Users who are viewing this thread