What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Consider trading Shady McCoy? (1 Viewer)

ajgargano

Footballguy
10 Teams - .5 PPR - 2QB

(Start: 2QB, 2WR, 2RB, 1TE, 2FLEX)

QB- Drew Brees, Jameis Winston

WR- Julio Jones, A.J. Green, Doug Baldwin, Phillip Dorsett, Allen Hurns, Tyler Lockett

RB- LeSean McCoy, Spencer Ware, Giovani Bernard, Isaiah Crowell, Charles Sims, Dwayne Washington

TE- Eric Ebron

An owner in my league is 0-2 and just lost Peterson. His RB depth is very shallow and he announced he's willing to trade anyone on his roster. He knows I'm interested in his top WRs, and he has expressed interest in McCoy and Gio from my team. Here's his roster:

QB- Blake Bortles, Andy Dalton, Matt Ryan

WR- Allen Robinson, Brandin Cooks, Stefon Diggs, Michael Floyd, Emmanuel Sanders, Corey Coleman

RB- DeMarco Murray, Thomas Rawls, Christine Michael, Adrian Peterson

TE- Dennis Pitta, Zach Ertz

My offer of Crowell/Hurns for Diggs got rejected. I've thought about offering McCoy straight up for either A-Rob or Cooks, possibly throwing in Hurns too if necessary. I think that's a big win for my team in terms of pure value, but acknowledge that maybe trading Shady for a WR, even an elite one, might not be the best fit for my team, especially now that Dorsett may have emerged as a startable WR. Would you offer either of those deals? Is there another deal I should consider offering?

Crowell, Bernard, and Hurns for Michael and Diggs? As it stands you give up 2 RB2 and a WR2/3 for about to be RB1 and at this time a WR1/2. You still have fantastic WRs and a pretty good RB bench. Good luck!

I would see if you could get McCoy and Hurns for Cooks.  You have enough depth at WR to be able to get through.  On the other hand, you're losing a true starter in McCoy because your other backs are in committee right now, although Ware and Gio are getting enough carries to be fantasy relevant.  Sims should get enough carries while Martin is out but you may have to look at the schedule whether he's worth starting.  Washington has the Bears next week so that might be a sneaky pick to start because the Bears are pretty bad.

Users who are viewing this thread