What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

COVID-19 Facial Hair contest. Holy gray beards, can we get these guys some dye? (2 Viewers)

Jaysus said:
Well, I was going to complain about how gray mine has been coming in, but damn. 
Yeah a few more pounds on the belly and I may moonlight as Santa this December.  I absolutely hate the grey but I've been told by numerous sources to not do the Just For Men stuff.  :(  

Did you leave the guard on?
I did not, but be ware, this will take you down to just the most minor different between just shaving your head with a razor and not, if you want more a crew cut, try it with the guard  and you can always cut more.   For the first time, I did it no guard and then used a razor to finish it off and take it all the way down.  Yesterday I touched it up to just use the razor, I left a little peach fuzz mohawk on top which looks a little more normal than just shaving. It helps manage the widow peaks

Welp, I shaved my grey, bushy-a$$ beard.  I don't think I've been clean-shaven in 8 months.  I can see why.  :(    Not posting a pic.  :lol:
How much time had you invested in that beard?  Six months at least I would think. 

Last edited by a moderator:
10 SCIENTIFIC EFFECTS THAT HAPPEN WHEN A MAN GROWS A BEARD  Read More: https://www.grunge.com/137803/scientific-effects-when-man-grows-beard/?utm_campaign=clip

... men with fuller beards were assessed as better long-term partners — but on average, the majority of surveyed women preferred guys with some scruff.

...having a beard actually protects the skin underneath from aging, according to the tabloid Metro, by blocking sun exposure, which results in fewer wrinkles, fewer liver spots, and so on.

...the other factor keeping your bearded face so smooth is your sebaceous glands, which are always working to keep your skin oiled up and moisturized, according to Business Insider. People touch their face a lot, so you'd normally be rubbing this oil off pretty regularly, but not if you have a thick beard protecting your cheeks and thus preserving your skin's oils. So while having a beard might make you look older today, it'll make you look younger in the future.

...According to Psychology Today, studies have shown that men with beards are generally regarded as more masculine, dominant, and socially mature. They are also usually regarded as more responsible, older, fatherly figures, at a glance. On the other hand, New Republic cited a 2012 study where men were photographed both bearded and clean-shaven, then told to make a range of expressions. When these photos were shown to other participants, the pictures of bearded "angry" expressions were rated as looking way more aggressive than the angry clean-shaven ones.

...frequent shaving can also cause permanent scarring, razor bumps, dark marks, and even infections.
Beard meme 1

Beard meme 2

Beard meme 3

Beard meme 4

Beard meme 5

Told my wife another week or so I'm shaving just the chin and keeping everything else...

The gunslinger beard or whatever it's called

She's not happy.

Man, I miss my beard.  I have a quadruple chin and typically, when clean shaven, I look younger.... not anymore.

Shaved everything last night.  Had a decent (for me) goatee for about a year and was shaving around it once every 10 days or so.  But I got bored last night and figured I'd shave it in case I need to mask up.  :shrug:

Will probably grow it right back, though.  Not a fan of what I look like without it.  

I admit to trimming the sides a little bit the other day, but working on growing the chin area out longer.  May try to get the stache to grow out more because my wife absolutely hates when I twirl it up.

Link
Huh. I used to try and grow a handlebar. It just drooped under the weight of the mustache wax and grew in frayed if I tried to let it go naturally. Oil didn't work, either. In short, good work. 

Users who are viewing this thread