What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cowart (1 Viewer)

mario8723

Footballguy
Vikings | Injury Update: S. CowartTue, 13 Sep 2005 21:05:30 -0700The Star Tribune reports the Minnesota Vikings are somewhat concerned LB Sam Cowart's (calf) strained left calf will keep him from playing Sunday, Sept. 18. He said Monday, Sept. 12, he hoped he could play if the injury got significantly better, but the Field Turf at Paul Brown Stadium might not be the best playing surface for him to play under duress.This is getting to be a joke with this guy. Does this boost Dontarrious Thomas' stock? I would believe that it does.

What about EJ Henderson? Who will move to the middle? This individual should have a big game against Rudi.

It was hard to tell who was playing for him. The Vikes played alot in a 3-4. I am not sure if they started making that move because Sam was hurt or if that was the game plan the whole time. I really like the play of Keith Newman, he was all over the field making plays, although his stat line might not show it.

Why in the world would Minnesota play in a 3-4 defense?!?They have 4 or 5 good to great defensive linemen, and 3 or 4 average to above average linebackers.That's Mike Tice for you :bag:

i haven't tried to confirm it, but the only report i heard stated that the backup MLB (his name escapes me but he was a rookie last season with thomas) could get the start... didn't sound like there were plans in the immediate future to slide starting or second string WLBs henderson or thomas there (though they both played there last season).perhaps that could change if he is out for prolonged period. probably contingent on how well replacement acquits himself.if henderson is doing well at WLB & it doesn't look like cowart will be out for long, they may want to leave EJ where he is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why in the world would Minnesota play in a 3-4 defense?!?

They have 4 or 5 good to great defensive linemen, and 3 or 4 average to above average linebackers.

That's Mike Tice for you :bag:
L. Johnstone has always been more of a stand up type rusher or at minimum plays wide. Thus, more of a 3-4 look. Shift the line over bit now that they have P. Williams (wide body) to play more NG, they will make sure that K. Williams is lined up w/ only a Guard and may not be double team'd as much. Didn't watch that much of that game, but I would assume that is how they were playing.Then again, Kevin could have been looking for his wife's cellphone and a bandaid. :unsure: I know, that was bad.

Is henderson worth a pickup? Hes still on the WW in my league. Im thinking of just dumping Cowart. Im not dealing with this injury crap like last year. Kassell is available too.

Is henderson worth a pickup? Hes still on the WW in my league. Im thinking of just dumping Cowart. Im not dealing with this injury crap like last year. Kassell is available too.
I don't think EJ is worth a pickup in most leagues. The Vikings played several guys at WILL last weekend and EJ is too weak at pass coverage to be an effective MLB right now. Gotta agree with Reg here that Keith Newman was easily the best playmaker at LB last week. He is a huge body and a strong guy, I can see him picking up more playing time if he keeps playing with the fire he had last week.

Actually I was wrong (not surprising).The Vikings were running a new package. A 3-3-5.I wondered why I kept seeing BWilliams getting burned on the field and not hearing much about Smoot or Winfield, now I know why. I am pretty surprised that they were running this 3-3-5 package alot and still managed to keep Caddy in check most of the game, until his last minute scamper.

Kassell hell yes ...

I believe the replacements name is Rod Davis. Saw this on yahoo yesterday and grabbed him (Davis) on WW.
Yes he is supposedly going to start this week if Cowart cannot.

I believe the replacements name is Rod Davis. Saw this on yahoo yesterday and grabbed him (Davis) on WW.
Rod Davis is a Lance Mitchell clone. Much like Mitchell, Davis was extremely productive in college. Unfortunately (also like Mitchell), Davis is simply a run-stuffer with little coverage ability.

Users who are viewing this thread