What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cut Day tracking thread (1 Viewer)

griff321

Footballguy
This year is sure to have some shocking cuts on both sides of the ball. I'll try and keep the major offensive cuts and their new team when applicable updated in this post. :coffee:

Any rumors out there on respected vets that will be cut?

QB:

Brodie Croyle

Graham Harrell

Dan LeFevour

Josh McCown

Dan Orlovsky

Adam Webber

RB:

Andre Brown

Javarris James

Gartrell Johnson

Larry Johnson

Jeremiah Johnson

Sammy Morris

Jalen Parmalee

Tyrell Sutton

Chester Taylor

Keiland Williams

WR:

Seyi Ajirotutu

Donnie Avery

Dorin Dickerson

Justin Gage

Mardy Gilyard

James Hardy

Bryant Johnson, DET (signed by HOU)

Jaymar Johnson (Marcus Sherels will be the punt returner for MN)

Sinorice Moss

Brandon Tate

TE:

Desmond Clark

Donald Lee

Shawn Nelson

Fendi Onobun

Dante Rosario

Last edited by a moderator:
From the Huddle

Re: Donald Brown

Delone Carter - RB - Indianapolis Colts Posted 9/2/11 2:14pm et Share this news item on Facebook! Tweet this news item!

Indianapolis Colts RB Donald Brown could be on the roster bubble according to 1070 The Fan's Jon Michael Vincent.

Huddle Up: Brown has never stepped up and claimed a big role in the Colts plans despite being the 27th overall pick of the 2009 NFL draft. Incidentally the Colts passed on Hakeem Nicks, Kenny Britt, Beanie Wells, and LeSean McCoy to take Brown. If he is released then rookie RB Delone Carter vaults up cheatsheets as Joseph Addai's clear handcuff.

Sounds quite a bit speculative to me. I have Brown in one dynasty and am itching to drop his worthless carcass though...

Rennie Curran was cut-the guy I tried trading Arian Foster for last pre-season (before Tate was hurt) and was turned down. :unsure:

No Chester Taylor

Chicago Bears

G Johan Asiata, LB Tressor Baptiste, CB Antareis Bryan, OT Josh Davis, WR Andy Fantuz, LB Chris Johnson, WR Onrea Jones, CB Ryan Jones, P Spencer Lanning, DE Jake Laptad, C Alex Linnenkohl, LB Deron Minor, FB Eddie Williams, WR Jimmy Young
Looks like they're not done:http://www.nwherald.com/2011/09/02/bears-bubble-players-watch-wait/ayr9ovp/

The Bears released 14 players Friday and must trim 12 more players from their preseason roster to make the 53-man limit. Players such as Chester Taylor, Marcus Harrison, Will Ta’ufo’ou and Kyle Adams and Venable remain in limbo as the front-office staff weighs the case for and against keeping each player.
I'm rooting for Ta'ufo'ou, great blocking fullback.

Gartrell Johnson might be another RB someone would pick up he was cut by ATL
I don't think he's good enough. His work ethic has been praised in the past and he's done what he could, yet he keeps getting cut. He probably needs to succeed in the UFL to re-open some eyes. There hasn't been excuses. Everything has been positive, it just hasn't been enough.

Gartrell Johnson might be another RB someone would pick up he was cut by ATL
I don't think he's good enough. His work ethic has been praised in the past and he's done what he could, yet he keeps getting cut. He probably needs to succeed in the UFL to re-open some eyes. There hasn't been excuses. Everything has been positive, it just hasn't been enough.
:goodposting: Gartrell Johnson never was good enough to be a difference maker in the NFL. Some staff members pumped him up and people jumped on the bandwagon. If you haven't, cut him.

McCown sure didn't get much time to get up to speed, but that's how it goes.
Most NFL players don't get much (or any) time with the 1s in camp. I don't think people understand how small a chance these guys get with the 1s. I had the privilege of chatting often with Ruvell Martin before and after he lit up NFLE. He had worked with James Lofton while with the Chargers. Lofton helped tremendously and Martin about dominated NFLE. He was on everyone's radar for FF as a maybe and that summer following his NFLE performance, on occasion, he would tell me he got a few plays with the 1s in practice. A few plays. In the preseason, I don't know that he ever got time with the ones. I want to guess one game and at the end of a quarter. Also, during a slow offseason, the coach then would get asked about his boy doing well in NFLE and we all knew he noticed. We saw the quotes. It didn't matter though.In Green Bay, they had injuries that forced them to give him time with the ones. It was not by choice. Then he proved he could play in the league. He probably played 6-7 years and mostly as a backup with little starting experience. I'm not talking about a world-beater. Anyhow, it is far harder than most people think to even get an opportunity in the NFL. Signing with a team is a mere toe in the water. I always thought Ruvell's situation explained it very well or put it into proper perspective. Hopefully that made sense to some here and was helpful.FF folks maybe stats help illustrate this better-IIRC NFLE was 8 games and Martin had 679 yards and 12 TDs

No chance of Vereen or Ridley going to PUP (or IR now - per the "rumors" of mystery injury stashes) with Morris & Taylor gone & Faulk likely headed to PUP.

McCown sure didn't get much time to get up to speed, but that's how it goes.
Most NFL players don't get much (or any) time with the 1s in camp. I don't think people understand how small a chance these guys get with the 1s. I had the privilege of chatting often with Ruvell Martin before and after he lit up NFLE. He had worked with James Lofton while with the Chargers. Lofton helped tremendously and Martin about dominated NFLE. He was on everyone's radar for FF as a maybe and that summer following his NFLE performance, on occasion, he would tell me he got a few plays with the 1s in practice. A few plays. In the preseason, I don't know that he ever got time with the ones. I want to guess one game and at the end of a quarter. Also, during a slow offseason, the coach then would get asked about his boy doing well in NFLE and we all knew he noticed. We saw the quotes. It didn't matter though.In Green Bay, they had injuries that forced them to give him time with the ones. It was not by choice. Then he proved he could play in the league. He probably played 6-7 years and mostly as a backup with little starting experience. I'm not talking about a world-beater. Anyhow, it is far harder than most people think to even get an opportunity in the NFL. Signing with a team is a mere toe in the water. I always thought Ruvell's situation explained it very well or put it into proper perspective. Hopefully that made sense to some here and was helpful.
:goodposting:

Also from the Colt Javarris James and DT Tommie Harris. Brown may make the roster...I don't see what he's done to earn it but there it is.

Darren Evans and Chad Spann is reported to have made the roster though. :wub:

QB Graham Harrell, GB (leaving only Flynn as backup QB) - Pack liked Harrell with Flynn a FA next year

TE Virgil Green made the Bronco's 53 (along with Thomas & Fells @ Te) & WR Dem. Thomas is available & WON'T go on Season PUP per Rotoworld....

People whispered that Brandon Meriweather was on the bubble but I thought it was just motivation. It wont take him long to find a home.

QB Graham Harrell, GB (leaving only Flynn as backup QB) - Pack liked Harrell with Flynn a FA next year
Harrell surprises me.Thought he would stick this time as the #3 as he showed some improvement. Thought another season behind Flynn and Rodgers and getting to McCarthy's QB school would help him.Still a shot he could stick on the practice squad...but would not be surprised if another team gave him a shot at their #3.

QB Graham Harrell, GB (leaving only Flynn as backup QB) - Pack liked Harrell with Flynn a FA next yearTE Virgil Green made the Bronco's 53 (along with Thomas & Fells @ Te) & WR Dem. Thomas is available & WON'T go on Season PUP per Rotoworld....
I'm kinda shocked by the Harrell move, because they were really talking him up. So with them releasing Gurley and Westin who also looked good what are they hoarding?.... TEs?

QB Graham Harrell, GB (leaving only Flynn as backup QB) - Pack liked Harrell with Flynn a FA next yearTE Virgil Green made the Bronco's 53 (along with Thomas & Fells @ Te) & WR Dem. Thomas is available & WON'T go on Season PUP per Rotoworld....
I'm kinda shocked by the Harrell move, because they were really talking him up. So with them releasing Gurley and Westin who also looked good what are they hoarding?.... TEs?
5 TEs... also keeping a few more LBs and cbs I think.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Ted Thompson is about as bad as me if he keeps that many TEs. Hard to let guys that are as talented as that group go.

DE Jacob Ford - Titans

I thought this guy was alright. A couple years ago he had 7 sacks. What happened to him?

Justin Gage received extremely favorable reports this summer. He would have been cut a long time ago. I bet he lands somewhere as veteran help. He'd be fine off some team's bench. This cut is great news for Damian Williams. I've been taking him with my last pick and that's looking decent now. Note last pick, not saying too much but I know there's a million drafts today

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Ted Thompson is about as bad as me if he keeps that many TEs. Hard to let guys that are as talented as that group go.
There is a ton of talent at their TE spot right now.And Williams and Taylor have been solid on special teams.Crabtree the blocker and Finley and Quarless the pass catches (wondering if this means they don't think they will pony up for Finley).

Stafon Johnson cut by Tennessee

I'm a little surprised that Gilyard washed out so quickly. Then again, he was only a 4th rounder. Not a huge commitment by St. Louis.

Brandon Tate surprises me because of his success on returns. I feel like he could get picked up elsewhere. Doesn't speak very highly of his WR potential that the Pats let him walk though.

Users who are viewing this thread