What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cut down choices (1 Viewer)

steelcityman

Footballguy
I'm not sure who to hold onto out of these guys, I can only keep 1.

Who do you keep from....
Levis, QB TEN(Not sure he will ever be anything)
Herbert, RB CHI(they signed Swift and have Roschon there)
Mitchell, RB Ravens(coming off ACL)
Kraft, TE GB(easy cut compared to the other 3 listed)

Team is balanced, 6 good young WR, 2 solid TE, Herbert is my QB(hope they draft him some skill players), and 4 good RBs.

Its 12 team PPR, TE 1.5. I have the last pick in each round(won the league last year).

I'm not sure who to hold onto out of these guys, I can only keep 1.

Who do you keep from....
Levis, QB TEN(Not sure he will ever be anything)
Herbert, RB CHI(they signed Swift and have Roschon there)
Mitchell, RB Ravens(coming off ACL)
Kraft, TE GB(easy cut compared to the other 3 listed)

Team is balanced, 6 good young WR, 2 solid TE, Herbert is my QB(hope they draft him some skill players), and 4 good RBs.

Its 12 team PPR, TE 1.5. I have the last pick in each round(won the league last year).
If Levis would be QB2, Herbert/Mitchell would be RB5, Kraft would be TE3, I would keep Mitchell for upside (even though next year you may not see it). Agree definitely not Kraft. The hope is that none of those guys have to start for you in 2024 and I just don't know about Levis plus there will likely be better backups available in the draft unless your league hoards them.

With only Herbert and Levis (as your back-up) I assume this is 1 QB since you don't mention SF? What does the QB situation look like on waivers if you don't have a back-up? Can you stream a fill in QB if needed or will you need to rely on Levis during bye week or injuries?

I think Levis and Herbert carry the most value. I think the RB situation is going to be very muddy in CHI and could be a three-headed beast. I do think Herbert is still talented but right now its a committee at best. Could you trade Herbert to the Swift owner for a draft pick? Maybe sell him that this will be cheaper to have now than when/if Swift gets hurt.

I do like Mitchell but his injury was late season and they brought in Henry. Moreover they still have Justice Hill who they also have shown they like. Long term Mitchell could be good but since you won the league I assume you want to try to run it back for year 2. Same thing here, can you sell Mitchell to the Henry owner for a late pick?

You might not get a lot for Herbert or Mitchell at this point but getting something (even a late pick) is better than throwing a guy back for nothing. Sell the idea that this is a good opportunity for those guys to get their handcuff before they "need" their handcuff.

I do like the idea of keeping Levis to see what he does this year. He's getting more weapons and a new coaching staff that will be more focused on the offence. Might be able to flip Levis mid season if he's balling out.

Levis is a starting QB who is being surrounded by talent. As much as I like Mitchell and Herbert they are back-up handcuffs that aren't useable right now. If needed Levis is a starting QB.

I know things can change and you have to adapt but for now that is how I see it.

Some teams have 4 qbs rostered. A couple have 1. Its not Sflex. I do like what Tenn has added. And if they add OL they might be pretty good offense.
At pick 1.12 i am taking rb, so i will refill that rb5 slot.
Updated: Got a late 5th for Mitchell, not a great return but its something. Trying to get anything for Herbert now. Cut downs are due a week from today.

Thanks

Last edited:
At pick 1.12 i am taking rb
Locking in a position without knowing what's available is a recipe for disaster. Take BPA regardless of position. That gives you the best chance to find a quality starter. Don't go in with an "I am taking a RB at pick XX" attitude.

I really liked Keaton Mitchell...but at this point he is an undrafted, undersized RB coming off of a devastating knee injury late in the season. I doubt he does anything in 2024.

I got 6 better wrs than any that will be around at 1.12. I might take wr in the entire draft. Maybe qb, te but most likely rb, and it probably will be bpa. If Daniels or Thomas falls to 12 thats another story. But 98% sure that wont happen.

Some teams have 4 qbs rostered. A couple have 1. Its not Sflex. I do like what Tenn has added. And if they add OL they might be pretty good offense.
At pick 1.12 i am taking rb, so i will refill that rb5 slot.
Updated: Got a late 5th for Mitchell, not a great return but its something. Trying to get anything for Herbert now. Cut downs are due a week from today.

Thanks
Good job on getting something for Mitchell. With his injury recovery and Henry being the lead dog you can likely trade for him back at some point if you really want him. Unless you traded him to the Henry owner. But here is the thing, you got something in return and with it being a draft pick, even late, it is going to build in value come the draft.

Maybe during the draft you can turn that 5th into a 4th next year. See if you can trade Herbet to the Swift owner if you haven't already. He can lock up the backfield. Also I wouldn't be surprised if the Bears trade Herbert if they want to get Roschon more carries. He's on a cheap contract this year so who knows what could happen.

I tried the Herbert/Swift, he said he will draft him after I cut him if he wants him. I was only asking for a 6th rd pick, so I might draft him back in the 5th just to be a jerk, if he is still there.
I locked in my roster, cut downs Saturday and I am out of town this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread