What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dallas - Is Greg Ellis worthless now (1 Viewer)

willjohnson33

Footballguy
Now that it is clear Dallas is going to the 3-4, is Ellis now worthless? Also, doesn't Spears value decline significantly if he is the DE in a 3-4 or is he going to be a DE when they play 4-3 and a OLB when they are in a 3-4?

Worthless is probably a bit strong, but with the switch to a 3-4, I think the end is here for his consistent climb toward double-digit sacks.Spears is a big boy, DT/DE tweener, hence a good 3-4 end. I don't think we'll see him playing with his hand off the ground too much. If he does anything when they show a 4-3 it would probably be slide inside on passing downs.

Worthless is probably a bit strong, but with the switch to a 3-4, I think the end is here for his consistent climb toward double-digit sacks.

Spears is a big boy, DT/DE tweener, hence a good 3-4 end. I don't think we'll see him playing with his hand off the ground too much. If he does anything when they show a 4-3 it would probably be slide inside on passing downs.
I'm not sure if worthless is too strong or not at this point. I would expect Ellis could be a good fit as a 3-4 end but even so his top side potential is probably close to that of say Aaron Smith who can be counted on maybe 40 tackles and 5-6 sacks. They are also looking at Glover as an end and the early word is that Ellis feels like a square peg in a round hole. Spears will probably never see a snap that he doesn't start in a 3 point stance, no matter what the scheme.

Users who are viewing this thread