What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Damien Williams/Bears offense vs Raiders WK 5 and next several weeks (1 Viewer)

Saboo

Footballguy
Does anyone else feel that the Bears with Justin Fields at QB are going to have a hard time putting points on the board vs the Raiders? I think Williams is a talented player, but with a rookie QB I just don't have a ton of faith that he will be anything but a solid flex play or a low end #2 over the next month or so.

With that in mind isn't it possible likely that D.Williams doesn't really live up to the hype over the next few weeks? I traded Williams for Z. Moss in one of my leagues and I'm attempting to do it in another. Am I off on my evaluation of Williams and the Bears offense in general?

It all depends on how the front four play for LV.

It's their strongest & deepest position group. If they can put pressure on Fields and clog running lanes Chicago will lose.

However the back 7 is thin, particularly down 2 DBs as they are. If the Bears can give Fields time, even a rookie can make plays against the Raiders back 7.

I think it will be a mix and the Bears will run up maybe 300 yards and 17 points, maybe 24 if they get rolling.

I see Williams at around 80-105 total yards (wouldn't be surprised if the bulk was receiving) and the possibility of a TD.

It’s hard to say. Fields hasn’t lit it up so far, but he is still getting this feet under him as the starter. One thing that he did show last week is that he can stretch the field. If everyone starts gelling, this ability could definitely open up the run game. Bears run game was actually quite solid last week with Fields starting. 

It’s hard to say. Fields hasn’t lit it up so far, but he is still getting this feet under him as the starter. One thing that he did show last week is that he can stretch the field. If everyone starts gelling, this ability could definitely open up the run game. Bears run game was actually quite solid last week with Fields starting. 
Of course it was Detroit. 🤷🏼‍♂️

I understand what you are saying, but I don't think Detroit is really a good test. I think Fields is a very talented guy, but it's going to take him a while to get his feet wet. In that time I could see the rb's struggle.

I understand what you are saying, but I don't think Detroit is really a good test. I think Fields is a very talented guy, but it's going to take him a while to get his feet wet. In that time I could see the rb's struggle.
I cannot argue with that logic at all. As a Bears fan, I am looking forward to watching Fields develop, but realistically it will take a while and we have a pretty rough schedule coming up. 

Don't forget the Chicago defense has the ability to keep this game close. The Raiders offensive line is really vulnerable ATM. I think they shored it up a little by moving Leatherwood to Guard so Parker can start at RT. It should help, at worst it's a lateral move.

Users who are viewing this thread