What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

DaughterPack is back with another one! (1 Viewer)

Thanks guys. Definitely a different key for her, but they nailed. All of them work at the same place. Some really good musicians there.

That is awesome!! Especially for a Packers Fan!! GO BEARS!!! 😉

Headed that way tomorrow morning. We have a drive from DC----> Shawano, WI!

Is she still here in Nashville, Pack? 
Nope. She moved back about a year ago. Was turning 26 and coming off my insurance and with her stomach disease she needed insurance. And oddly enough, after being out there for 3 years and being in the music biz and having a lot of friends who were in popular bands and touring, she realized none of them were happy and she decided she didn't  want to love that life, that she could move back and start a local band, record, and still be in the biz.

She landed a great job with a music publishing company (The biggest in the world I believe) and everyone she works with is either a musician, producer etc. She loves it and she gets to record and work Music Conventions. (She's going to NAMM in LA in a month)

Thanks for asking GB, and Merry Christmas!

Here's a new one. Cover of a Sara Barellies song, Vegas
It's no "Comin Back to You" but it's good. So glad she's "band"ing @ home now - if you remember i encouraged that when i 1st heard her - instead of chasing the brass ring in Nashville. Love the dual-female/alto&tenor sax combo - sounds fresh.

Ask her, if you get the chance, if she's ever heard of Tracy Nelson & Mother Earth (thought she was gonna be the female equivalent to Willie Nelson, busting-from-Nashville-to-mainstream-outlawcountry-wise backinaday)? That stuff is 50 yrs old now and i dont know if it's ever had a Renaissance but, now that Melissa's voice has "matured" i see a connection there and maybe it's sumn she can mine to give her & her cohorts a direction. Good stuff - fingers still x'ed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ask her, if you get the chance, if she's ever heard of Tracy Nelson & Mother Earth (thought she was gonna be the female equivalent to Willie Nelson, busting-from-Nashville-to-mainstream-outlawcountry-wise backinaday)?
Thanks for the compliment. I will ask her for sure!

So glad she's "band"ing @ home now - if you remember i encouraged that when i 1st heard her - instead of chasing the brass ring in Nashville.
Spot on. I remember that.

She played out a little while living there, but she's finally getting it together after adjusting to a full time job, and I am stoked. There is a pretty big local band around here that may have her sing with them on occasion, and they anticipate their lead singer leaving in a year or so and she may slide into that one.

Spot on. I remember that.

She played out a little while living there, but she's finally getting it together after adjusting to a full time job, and I am stoked. There is a pretty big local band around here that may have her sing with them on occasion, and they anticipate their lead singer leaving in a year or so and she may slide into that one.
Great to hear - better to be regularly reminded of one's value than the odds one faces. Music is communication after all and the more making joyful noise together, the better it is likely to be. GL -

Users who are viewing this thread