What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Demarco Murray's handcuff? (1 Viewer)

Seems pretty convoluted. It was looking like Dunbar before he got hurt, but I'm not sure he is the guy to take 15+ carries. They want to go with Randle, the rookie, from what I've heard, however he has shown very little in camp, leaving Tanner who has not exactly been brilliant.

Much as I'd like to handcuff him, not sure it's worth guessing. Any homers have more insight?

Seems pretty convoluted. It was looking like Dunbar before he got hurt, but I'm not sure he is the guy to take 15+ carries. They want to go with Randle, the rookie, from what I've heard, however he has shown very little in camp, leaving Tanner who has not exactly been brilliant.

Much as I'd like to handcuff him, not sure it's worth guessing. Any homers have more insight?
Dunbar had been the leader of the pack prior to his injury, but he is a bit undersized. That said, he is the most explosive of the three.

Randle was the third leading rusher this preseason, with 215 yards (3.9 per carry). Tanner was also in the top 10 this preseason, with 158 yards (4.3 ypc).

This has RBBC written all over it if (when) Murray pulls up injured.

Dunbar had been the leader of the pack prior to his injury, but he is a bit undersized. That said, he is the most explosive of the three.

Randle was the third leading rusher this preseason, with 215 yards (3.9 per carry). Tanner was also in the top 10 this preseason, with 158 yards (4.3 ypc).

This has RBBC written all over it if (when) Murray pulls up injured.
That's my fear. Dunbar might be your best bet but in the two leagues I have Murray my strategy was to grab decent #3/4 RBs (vereen in ppr, leveon bell when he dropped due to injury) as they are likely as good or better than the handcuff

Dunbar is the backup for the season. As others have mentioned, he's got the best burst of all RBs on the roster. But he's hurt and is unlikely to play against the Giants. Week 2 or 3 seems more likely. I'd go Tanner as the backup for the Giants game, if that is of interest. Randle hasnt looked ready yet, but got better as the preseason progressed.

Dunbar is the backup for the season. As others have mentioned, he's got the best burst of all RBs on the roster. But he's hurt and is unlikely to play against the Giants. Week 2 or 3 seems more likely. I'd go Tanner as the backup for the Giants game, if that is of interest. Randle hasnt looked ready yet, but got better as the preseason progressed.
I think dynasty wise, Randle is the long term answer. He has improved every game, and it seems the coaching staff will be grooming him to be the heir apparent to Murray.

I think dynasty wise, Randle is the long term answer. He has improved every game, and it seems the coaching staff will be grooming him to be the heir apparent to Murray.
The real question is will any of them be worth having or would it be a RBBC and better just to look elsewhere for those weeks you need someone.

Where do you get this from? It's early, but I see no signs that anyone thinks he's the future at RB. Going from awful to passable is improvement, but nothing to get too excited about.

I had high hopes going into last season, but I am not sure Randle is ever anything more than depth in the NFL.

I too thought this was Dunbar for sure, but injuries have a way of giving opportunities to others. That's what we're seeing here with Tanner, who remade his body in the offseason to be a bit lighter and quicker. I thought he looked better in the preseason, though I'm no Dallas homer, and the stats from the all-important 3rd preseason game weren't impressive. That being said, he spelled Murray for entire drives - there was no committee with Randle when Tanner was in the game. Whether that changes when Dunbar comes back... idk.

I too thought this was Dunbar for sure, but injuries have a way of giving opportunities to others. That's what we're seeing here with Tanner, who remade his body in the offseason to be a bit lighter and quicker. I thought he looked better in the preseason, though I'm no Dallas homer, and the stats from the all-important 3rd preseason game weren't impressive. That being said, he spelled Murray for entire drives - there was no committee with Randle when Tanner was in the game. Whether that changes when Dunbar comes back... idk.
This is speculation. But I could forsee Dunbar getting the 3rd down snaps and a majority of the regular carries. Tanner get maybe 40% of the regular snaps and the goal line work. So yes, RBBC.

FWIW, Dunbar may be the third down back with Murray healthy. Dallas likes to rotate guys and keep them fresh.

As a Murray owner in two leagues, this thread only confirms how muddy his backup situation is, unlike last year when Felix was the handcuff.

Ridgelake said:
This is speculation. But I could forsee Dunbar getting the 3rd down snaps and a majority of the regular carries. Tanner get maybe 40% of the regular snaps and the goal line work. So yes, RBBC.

FWIW, Dunbar may be the third down back with Murray healthy. Dallas likes to rotate guys and keep them fresh.
FWIW, Dunbar would like to be a Sproles like back. Jerry Jones sees him as a dynamic playmaker.

Ridgelake said:

FWIW, Dunbar would like to be a Sproles like back. Jerry Jones sees him as a dynamic playmaker.
Jones' remarks about Dunbar, comparing him to Westbrook, tend to make me believe that at least he does not see Dunbar as limited to a 3rd down role. Dunbar was reportedly considerably more impressive than either Tanner or Randle, prior to his injury.

Ridgelake said:

Jones' remarks about Dunbar, comparing him to Westbrook, tend to make me believe that at least he does not see Dunbar as limited to a 3rd down role. Dunbar was reportedly considerably more impressive than either Tanner or Randle, prior to his injury.
Dunbar isnt limited to a 3rd down role. He would be the primary backup in case of Murray injury. But with a healthy Murray, I can see Dunbar getting the odd series and the 3rd down work. That's how Dallas has historically rotated backs.

Something like: Murray 60%, Dunbar 30%, Tanner/Randle 10%. If Murray gets hurt, slide the other guys left 1 spot.

Users who are viewing this thread