What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Demarrio Williams... (1 Viewer)

GridironMenace

Footballguy
What is hus prognosis for this year. Is he a starter this year?Can he be a legit #1 fantasy linebacker?Is he a 3 down player?

Demorrio is fighting with Hartwell to see who will stay in on nickell ... As Rapture said, Brooking is always in on nickell ...

Those of you in dynasty leagues (especially those with large taxi squads) may want to consider hanging on to Williams if possible. I agree with the above posters that he likely has no fantasy value unless Brooking or Hartwell is injured, as he'll be a two down SLB in all likelihood (they like Ike Reese playing in the nickel as well). But Brooking and Hartwell both see a significant bump in their salaries for 2006 (Brooking to 4.3M, Hartwell to 2.1M), and while the Falcons could keep both, if Brooking continues to trend down in his production, he could be a cap casualty, leaving Williams in a nice spot.

Those of you in dynasty leagues (especially those with large taxi squads) may want to consider hanging on to Williams if possible. I agree with the above posters that he likely has no fantasy value unless Brooking or Hartwell is injured, as he'll be a two down SLB in all likelihood (they like Ike Reese playing in the nickel as well). But Brooking and Hartwell both see a significant bump in their salaries for 2006 (Brooking to 4.3M, Hartwell to 2.1M), and while the Falcons could keep both, if Brooking continues to trend down in his production, he could be a cap casualty, leaving Williams in a nice spot.
Brooking isn't going anywhere.

Those of you in dynasty leagues (especially those with large taxi squads) may want to consider hanging on to Williams if possible.  I agree with the above posters that he likely has no fantasy value unless Brooking or Hartwell is injured, as he'll be a two down SLB in all likelihood (they like Ike Reese playing in the nickel as well).  But Brooking and Hartwell both see a significant bump in their salaries for 2006 (Brooking to 4.3M, Hartwell to 2.1M), and while the Falcons could keep both, if Brooking continues to trend down in his production, he could be a cap casualty, leaving Williams in a nice spot.
Brooking isn't going anywhere.
Right, because good LB are never released/not resigned by their current clubs...cough, Jamie Sharper, Donnie Edwards, Chad Brown, cough...as they get older. Heh. I don't believe there's a big chance for Brooking to be someplace else in 2006, but I'm just pointing out that it's worth considering with guys like Hartwell, Williams, Beck, and Boley around.If you've got a link or something other than an opinion to support your statement I'd like to see it. I realize most of Brooking's stat changes from 05 are due to adjusting to a new defense, etc, but it is still a trend worth watching...

dont forget about jordan beck and michael boley.

Users who are viewing this thread