What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Detroit Tigers thread: 1st pick yet again, this is not fun*** (2 Viewers)

Look at the next 22 games, against the 4 worst teams in the league:

11-twins

4-Rangers

3-Royals

4-Baltimore

It is not out of the question that the Tigers fight their way above .500 after that stretch, possibly slide into second place and gain several games on the White Sox.  
Getting swept by the Twins does not support this.

Hinch knows what he’s doing. Avila might too, starting to see how his decisions made sense. 

I love Baddoo, he’s legit. Guy is 22 and never had an at bat above High A before this year. Hill and Cameron are both legit defenders, either could be in CF going forward. Plug Riley Greene into RF next year and that’s a nice OF with upside. 

They should get what they can for Schoop and Grossman. Boyd and Fulmer have been hurt and won’t get the return needed, better to hold. 

They are entertaining as hell, it’s been a fun season since May. 

They just won a series, against a really good team, throwing Tyler Alexander, Peralta, and Drew ####### Hutchinson. Bullpen is good and Hinch manages every game like it’s the playoffs. 

baddoo coming back Tuesday, I think Fulmer should close, and I like the cut of Zack Short’s jib. 

They have one of the five toughest schedules left, and they are loving the spoiler role. I had wanted a 81 win season, but if they change playoff standings,  then I’m fine with whatever. 

Fun team. :banned:  

They just won a series, against a really good team, throwing Tyler Alexander, Peralta, and Drew ####### Hutchinson. Bullpen is good and Hinch manages every game like it’s the playoffs. 

baddoo coming back Tuesday, I think Fulmer should close, and I like the cut of Zack Short’s jib. 

They have one of the five toughest schedules left, and they are loving the spoiler role. I had wanted a 81 win season, but if they change playoff standings,  then I’m fine with whatever. 

Fun team. :banned:  
:banned:

Definitely fun times and it's especially fun given the last few years.  :thumbup:

Yes!  Wait, what?  I'm not good with math.

Manny Ramirez did it in 2008 as the first ninth guy, but Alex Rodriguez's batting average fell below 0.300 after Manny did it, so A-Rod fell off the list. Then Pujols did it in 2014, becoming the 2nd guy to be the 9th guy, but his batting average has since fallen under 0.300. So Miggy is the 3rd guy to be the 9th guy to do 500 homers/0.300 average. 

Manny Ramirez did it in 2008 as the first ninth guy, but Alex Rodriguez's batting average fell below 0.300 after Manny did it, so A-Rod fell off the list. Then Pujols did it in 2014, becoming the 2nd guy to be the 9th guy, but his batting average has since fallen under 0.300. So Miggy is the 3rd guy to be the 9th guy to do 500 homers/0.300 average. 
Ah!  That actually makes sense!!

Al Kaline was the poster boy for just missing the round numbers. Finished with a .297 BA, with 399 home runs and 498 doubles.  On the positive side he had 3007 hits and they named a type of battery after him.
Your post made me look up his stats at baseball-reference.

He was still a starter in his last season with 630 plate appearances, and while his numbers don't jump out, he did have an OPS+ above league average. It seems odd that he retired rather than try to round up his numbers the following year, especially with the DH now part of the league.

Your post made me look up his stats at baseball-reference.

He was still a starter in his last season with 630 plate appearances, and while his numbers don't jump out, he did have an OPS+ above league average. It seems odd that he retired rather than try to round up his numbers the following year, especially with the DH now part of the league.
Al never was a stat chaser, old school team player from day one. Once refused a raise because he didn't think he should get that kind of money after a less than great season.

Zeppelin said:
Given this team doesn't have any legit middle of the lineup hitters, it's amazing how competitive this team is. 
Pretty much. 

But too be fair I look at Tampa’s lineup and besides Franco, they don’t have mashers. The Hinch Astros teams has a lot of depth, with Bregman and Correa being well above average, but not necessarily elite. Altuve is the difference there. 

greene and Tork are guys we hope we can add in the 3-5 spots. If both are above average, and at least one is star, this lineup would fill out nicely. Baddoo and Haase seem like long term plays, Candelario, Hill, and Cameron seem like usable depth pieces. 

Sign an offensive shortstop that also plays good D. Luckily the market will be flooded with these guys. 

sign one legit and two other vet relievers. Spending a few million on a guy that you can trust in the 7th or 8th here. Think Brian Shaw prime. 

Hinch told free agents Detroit is interested in building something special, come on up or get beat. 

I like the management of this airline. 👍🏽

Sign an offensive shortstop that also plays good D. Luckily the market will be flooded with these guys. 

sign one legit and two other vet relievers. Spending a few million on a guy that you can trust in the 7th or 8th here. Think Brian Shaw prime. 

Watching the current offense can be painful, they definitely need help besides hoping their high prospects work out.  But I agree that everything is fixable, AA needs to make the right moves and pizza man junior needs to sign those checks.

Hinch plays all series tiebreaker games like it’s a playoff game. I love they are playing their toughest part of the schedule now. Beating Reds, Jays, and Cards at this time of year shows me something. Don’t really want Tampa seven times but it’s a good test for this team. 

Users who are viewing this thread