What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dhani Jones signs 3 year contract with Bengals (1 Viewer)

pretender

Footballguy
Bengals | D. Jones signs three-year deal Published Fri Feb 29 3:07:00 p.m. CT 2008

(KFFL) ESPNews reports the Cincinnati Bengals signed LB Dhani Jones to a three-year deal Friday, Feb. 29. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed

He's not that good. I hope for the Bengals he becomes depth. He's just OK IMO.
My opinion is they brought him in for back-up depth - he has experience in playing all 3 linebacking positions.
that's good thenThey should sign/have under contract 12 LBers, the QB can Kick and Punt. One TE and he'll have to move back and play FB on occasion etc. No KR, just let every kick be a toucback etc. That way they'll have enough bodies to cover the LB corps in 08.

So, it looks like this guy is the starting MLB and wearing the radio helmet.

How can a guy that is the starting MLB in a 4-3 and a 3-down back on a defense that will be on the field a whole lot not reach 90 solo tackles? He's done it once before in New York in 2003 when he finished as LB15 in FBG's scoring. Not to give away subscriber content, but the FBG projections are not that flattering on this guy and appear quite low for a guy in the ideal fantasy LB situation.

He's at least a top backup, right? I can see that his big play ability is low, but especially in a tackle heavy league, he has to have some decent value for this season. I'd think he could trip and fall his way into about 5 solos a game just by being in that spot on that team.

Any potential top 24 upside to this guy, or is he really that bad?

So, it looks like this guy is the starting MLB and wearing the radio helmet.How can a guy that is the starting MLB in a 4-3 and a 3-down back on a defense that will be on the field a whole lot not reach 90 solo tackles? He's done it once before in New York in 2003 when he finished as LB15 in FBG's scoring. Not to give away subscriber content, but the FBG projections are not that flattering on this guy and appear quite low for a guy in the ideal fantasy LB situation.He's at least a top backup, right? I can see that his big play ability is low, but especially in a tackle heavy league, he has to have some decent value for this season. I'd think he could trip and fall his way into about 5 solos a game just by being in that spot on that team. Any potential top 24 upside to this guy, or is he really that bad?
We had an extensive discussion of Dhani Jones and the Bengal defense on The Audible last night. Should be posted soon. One argument is that Dhani Jones isn't a great player and the Bengal scheme (and stat crew) hasn't led to big solo tackle numbers in years. The other side of the coin is that Keith Rivers has yet to show and Justin Smith is gone leaving little competition in the front seven -- someone has to make the tackles -- in a new, more aggressive scheme.90-95 solos is a possibility, but that's assuming a career year for a replacement level player. I'd be more inclined to guess that Ndukwe gets 80+ solos than Jones grabbing more than 90.

So, it looks like this guy is the starting MLB and wearing the radio helmet.How can a guy that is the starting MLB in a 4-3 and a 3-down back on a defense that will be on the field a whole lot not reach 90 solo tackles? He's done it once before in New York in 2003 when he finished as LB15 in FBG's scoring. Not to give away subscriber content, but the FBG projections are not that flattering on this guy and appear quite low for a guy in the ideal fantasy LB situation.He's at least a top backup, right? I can see that his big play ability is low, but especially in a tackle heavy league, he has to have some decent value for this season. I'd think he could trip and fall his way into about 5 solos a game just by being in that spot on that team. Any potential top 24 upside to this guy, or is he really that bad?
We had an extensive discussion of Dhani Jones and the Bengal defense on The Audible last night. Should be posted soon. One argument is that Dhani Jones isn't a great player and the Bengal scheme (and stat crew) hasn't led to big solo tackle numbers in years. The other side of the coin is that Keith Rivers has yet to show and Justin Smith is gone leaving little competition in the front seven -- someone has to make the tackles -- in a new, more aggressive scheme.90-95 solos is a possibility, but that's assuming a career year for a replacement level player. I'd be more inclined to guess that Ndukwe gets 80+ solos than Jones grabbing more than 90.
Thanks, Jene. He's the only decent LB left unrostered in my 12-team dynasty (start 2 LB). Our league is tackle heavy and I'm not real happy with my backups at this point. I'm just trying to gauge if he's worth dropping a guy for.

I wish the bengals would kick him to Will and put Rivers at Mike, if it doesent happen this year it should by next!!!!I hope Ndukwe gets 80+ solos and 30 assist this will make him a #1 DB in my leauge and he is my #1 sleeper canidate at DB. I heard he did not win the starting job will that last or will Ndukwe go from #1 to bust!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread