What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Did I mess up this trade (1 Viewer)

BrodyN14

Footballguy
I am in a 12 team ppr superflex dynasty league. First time in a dynasty league Here’s the trade

Send: James Robinson 3rd round next year and $25 FAAB

Recieve: Rico Dowdle

So here’s my justification for accepting it. Robinson was my RB 5 with chase brown and keaontey Ingram behind him so not much there. Ahead I have Josh Jacobs Aaron jones and Joe Mixon. I have Hassan Haskins who’s on IR and Mo Ibrahim who was cut. I feel with deuces size he just isn’t capable if pollard goes down. And dowdle has proven to be able to catch passes as well.

The league is so deep that I feel like FAAB is irrelevant and 3rd round pick in a rookie draft doesn’t hold much value.

Should I have tried for a handcuff yes. Could I have given less. Yes

Let me know how bad I did

stupid question. If you were over the limit with Robinson and you needed to cut him how do you have room for Dowdle? I've never been in a dynasty league and maybe I just don't have a good sense of foresight so feel free to take this with a large helping of salt but:

I don't feel like it was a very good trade and would have kept a starter over the backup to Pollard who's going to be a benchwarmer unless Pollard gets hurt. Pollard is also only 26 so unless he struggles or gets hurt he's not going to see the field much for the next 2 or 3 years. Clearly, you think that a Jacobs/Jones/Mixon tandem is fine and it is but I would have kept Robinson as insurance.
Jones is also 29. It's possible that next year (or maybe even this year) you would have needed to replace him.

If you needed to cut someone then cut the guy that got cut from the Lions.

stupid question. If you were over the limit with Robinson and you needed to cut him how do you have room for Dowdle? I've never been in a dynasty league and maybe I just don't have a good sense of foresight so feel free to take this with a large helping of salt but:

I don't feel like it was a very good trade and would have kept a starter over the backup to Pollard who's going to be a benchwarmer unless Pollard gets hurt. Pollard is also only 26 so unless he struggles or gets hurt he's not going to see the field much for the next 2 or 3 years. Clearly, you think that a Jacobs/Jones/Mixon tandem is fine and it is but I would have kept Robinson as insurance.
Jones is also 29. It's possible that next year (or maybe even this year) you would have needed to replace him.

If you needed to cut someone then cut the guy that got cut from the Lions.
sorry I have wandale robinson on the ir and it sounds like he is going to be activated soon. With Robinson being cut from the giants I wanted someone a little younger who had potential to get me a few points rather than tie up a roster spot on someone who might get signed. I’m pretty sure nobody involved in the trade is gunna be relevant. So in my eyes I basically gave up $25 faab that’s almost irrelevant and an irrelevant pick for an irrelevant player.

It was a smart trade. A 3rd for Dowdle isn't a bad deal. I expect him to get some run and if Pollard gets hurt it will be a great addition.

Users who are viewing this thread