What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Diet Mountain Dew (1 Viewer)

Probably a year ago I had a 12 pack that tasted like seltzer water with a hint of citrus.  It was horrible.  Had to throw it all away.  But these weren't bad.  Anytime I've ever had "bad" soda, it's always been something that had to be tossed.  But this was good enough to drink.  It actually kind of reminded me of Code Red.  God, I wish they made a diet version of that.

And, yeah, I love diet MD.  I've always been a soda drinker.  I definitely wouldn't call this healthy, but it's better than drinking 4 Cokes a day.  I drink Power Ade Zero at work, but at home, I need soda.  And it has to be either a diet Root Beer, diet Ginger Ale, diet Dr. Pepper or diet MD.  Those are the only ones that actually taste close to the real thing.  
Funny thing is I have basically the same list of drinks that I can tolerate in the diet category, except I really just don't like Ginger Ale. Diet Dr Pepper is almost identical to the real thing to me, which really makes me wonder what they use in it.

Got a 12 pack of Mountain Dew Zero. Gotta say, not impressed. I mean, if it was a choice between that or Diet Coke, I’d choose MDZ. But it’s not even close to as good as DMD. 

Just tried dew zero. Not impressed. 

Diet dew >> regular dew >>>> dew zero

I'll give it another shot. May grow on me. But weird taste in general. 

I am a plain old ordinary Mt. Dew guy. It is my main source of caffeine, since I despise coffee! I have always had a distaste for diet sodas. I haven't had it in a while so I may need to test it again. 

Comparison of DMD v MDzero

The ingredients are different:  

Diet Mountain Dew – Carbonated Water, Concentrated orange juice, Citric acid, Natural flavor, Citrus pectin, Potassium benzoate (preserves freshness), Aspartame, Potassium citrate, Caffeine (54 mg/12 fl.oz.), Sodium citrate, Acesulfame potassium, Sucralose, Gum arabic, Sodium benzoate (preserves freshness), Calcium disodium EDTA, Brominated vegetable oil, Yellow 5

MTN Dew Zero Ingredients – Carbonated Water, Citric Acid, Natural flavor, Potassium benzoate (preserves freshness), Citrus Pectin, Aspartame, Potassium Citrate, Caffeine 68 mg/12 fl.oz.), Gum Arabic, Acesulfame potassium, Sucralose, Sodium Citrate, Calcium Disodium EDTA and Yellow 5

Last edited by a moderator:
Just tried dew zero. Not impressed. 

Diet dew >> regular dew >>>> dew zero

I'll give it another shot. May grow on me. But weird taste in general. 
So I got a 12 pack of it.  After drinking it a little more, I seem to like it a little more.  Still not better than DMD, but once I stopped comparing the two, I started to kind of like MDZ.  It seems to be getting better the more I drink it.

Also, not sure if anyone is drinking the cans, but the pop top is weird and the cans are like a matte black finish.  They feel so weird when you are holding them.  

So I got a 12 pack of it.  After drinking it a little more, I seem to like it a little more.  Still not better than DMD, but once I stopped comparing the two, I started to kind of like MDZ.  It seems to be getting better the more I drink it.

Also, not sure if anyone is drinking the cans, but the pop top is weird and the cans are like a matte black finish.  They feel so weird when you are holding them.  
Alright, I'll buy more Zero and give it a longer trial.  I just had a six pack of the little bottles which is maybe a day supply. 

Alright, I'll buy more Zero and give it a longer trial.  I just had a six pack of the little bottles which is maybe a day supply. 
Don't hold me to it, GB.  Maybe it's not for everyone.  I'd feel bad if you still hated it after giving it a longer try.  :lol:

MZD isn't too bad.  Big MD fan as I don't like coffee or tea, so I use MD for a caffeine fix. 

As I got older, I forced myself to drink DMD, which has an odd taste IMO.  I've gotten used to it, but not a big fan.  I think MZD tastes better.  It's no MD, but it doesn't have the odd diet taste of DMD.  

So as I posted earlier in this thread, wife and I used to drink gallons of DMD, my wife to an extreme level.  In a bid to get heathier, she stopped drinking it all together, and switched to other diet pops she didn't enjoy as much to cut down cravings, but still have a calorie free sweet drink available for cravings.  So we switched to Diet 7up and diet A&W as we were cutting down on caffeine.  Both decent.  We started working in some Diet Coke as well, as I like to have that with my Captain occasionally.  Well, Diet Coke is now the one we drink the most, and we are now drinking too much of it.

Tried Diet Mt Dew again recently, and the funny thing was we both agreed it wasn't as good as we remembered.  It is funny what the taste buds can get used to.

Users who are viewing this thread