What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

DISINFORMATION TASK FORCE > Biden/Harris vs 1st Amendment as well as 2nd Amendment? (1 Viewer)

[icon]

Insoxicated
https://nypost.com/2022/06/16/kamala-harris-leads-latest-biden-disinformation-team/

After the embarrassing failure of the "DHS Disinformation Board" earlier this year, it seems this administration Is taking a second stab at the 1st Amendment with a "Disinformation Task Force" headed by Harris. 

The claim: 

“In the United States and around the world, women and LGBTQI+ political leaders, public figures, activists, and journalists are especially targeted by sexualized forms of online harassment and abuse, undermining their ability to exercise their human rights and participate in democracy, governance, and civic life,” the memo says.

“Online abuse and harassment, which aim to preclude women from political decision-making about their own lives and communities, undermine the functioning of democracy.”

"we are particularly focused on online activities that are illegal conduct, such as cyber stalking or non consensual distribution of intimate images, or targeted harassment."

In theory the idea of curtailing sharing intimate images without consent or pushing clear hate speech is a good thing. However the fact that this appears to largely focus on "public figures" reveals chinks in the armor here.

Much like the drive to diminish 2nd Amendment protections of normal Americans (while public figures continue to benefit from armed security), this task force at least seems to be at risk of limiting 1st Amendment rights of the have nots in favor of protecting the "haves" from unwanted scrutiny or critique. 

The Right is certainly not doing the "have nots" any favors with many of their actions, but now It seems the left is agressively jumping into this game. 

Could be wrong in my thoughts that this platform can and will be abused and will continue to erode our rights..... but I don't think I will be. 

Last edited by a moderator:
https://nypost.com/2022/06/16/kamala-harris-leads-latest-biden-disinformation-team/

After the embarrassing failure of the "DHS Disinformation Board" earlier this year, it seems this administration Is taking a second stab at the 1st Amendment with a "Disinformation Task Force" headed by Harris. 

The claim: 

In theory the idea of curtailing sharing intimate images without consent or pushing clear hate speech is a good thing. However the fact that this appears to largely focus on "public figures" reveals chinks in the armor here.

Much like the drive to diminish 2nd Amendment protections of normal Americans (while public figures continue to benefit from armed security), this task force at least seems to be at risk of limiting 1st Amendment rights of the have nots in favor of protecting the "haves" from unwanted scrutiny or critique. 

The Right is certainly not doing the "have nots" any favors with many of their actions, but now It seems the left is agressively jumping into this game. 

Could be wrong in my thoughts that this platform can and will be abused and will continue to erode our rights..... but I don't think I will be. 
The beatings will continue until moral improves. Instead of progress we’ll all be living on the street soon so we can all be equal. Except the uni party bosses. They’re gonna be fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread