What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Don't want to trade Waddle but would are your thoughts on this offer? (1 Viewer)

This is a 12 team, .5 PPR, 1 QB league:

My main guys are QB - Dak/Geno, RB - Barkley/Henry/CMC/Mixon/Hall, WR - Jefferson/Waddle/Evans/Ridley, TE - Kelce/Pitts so I am definitely a win now team with some young talent as well.

The offer on the table is:

I give: Jalen Waddle, Joe Mixon, and 3.01

I get:
Jerry Jeudy, 2024 1st, 2025 1st, and 2.01

The 1sts would come from teams that have finished in the bottom 4-5 for the last 3 years running.

Thoughts?

I don't do it. You are weak-ish at WR and losing Waddle would be an issue and hurt your chances of winning this year. It's not a bad offer but I think it hurts your title chances in the near term.

I do it. It keepa.you a win now team and gives you ammo for the future. Take one of your backs and and a pick or Jeudy or Evans and go get a wr. I am sure you could make a run at Jefferson, Brown, Chase etc with your rb depth and extra picks.

I do it. It keepa.you a win now team and gives you ammo for the future. Take one of your backs and and a pick or Jeudy or Evans and go get a wr. I am sure you could make a run at Jefferson, Brown, Chase etc with your rb depth and extra picks.

I have found that planning a second trade (without already having it agreed to prior to the first trade) never works out as you think it will in your mind. Unless you have someone already interested in something like the bold I wouldn't make the first trade already planning a second. What happens if you can't get anything done? Then you completed a trade you aren't really happy with and didn't get the follow on return you had hoped for.

This initial trade really hurts your immediate title chances. It's something that can be done if you fall out of contention and want to reload for the future. It's not necessary to do right now.

Users who are viewing this thread