What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Draft Dominator - IDP Appropriately Ranked? (1 Viewer)

Gally

Footballguy
I had an issue with the draft dominator that the CSV file download did not include any DL's in the data dump. I put in a ticket and they came back with an answer. The answer ended up being that the program didn't think that DL was worth drafting based on the number that were already rostered (dynasty league) so it doesn't export them to the CSV file. The issue is that it then leaves off Aaron Donald who was the overall #6 scoring player in the entire league last year. I assumed that by syncing the league it takes into account the scoring system and factors that into the projections to come up with rankings for drafting but this seems way off because it isn't even including Donald as a draftable player. It makes me really doubt the accuracy of the entire tool if something that egregious is left out.

I am not sure if I am doing something wrong or if there is just a glitch with the program when trying to fold in IDP players. I have noticed things like this for many years but have just blown it off and not used the tool because it wasn't one of the main reasons for the subscription. But now that we are basically paying for this tool it would be nice if it worked for me where I could have confidence in it.

Anybody have any similar findings?

I had an issue with the draft dominator that the CSV file download did not include any DL's in the data dump. I put in a ticket and they came back with an answer. The answer ended up being that the program didn't think that DL was worth drafting based on the number that were already rostered (dynasty league) so it doesn't export them to the CSV file. The issue is that it then leaves off Aaron Donald who was the overall #6 scoring player in the entire league last year. I assumed that by syncing the league it takes into account the scoring system and factors that into the projections to come up with rankings for drafting but this seems way off because it isn't even including Donald as a draftable player. It makes me really doubt the accuracy of the entire tool if something that egregious is left out.

I am not sure if I am doing something wrong or if there is just a glitch with the program when trying to fold in IDP players. I have noticed things like this for many years but have just blown it off and not used the tool because it wasn't one of the main reasons for the subscription. But now that we are basically paying for this tool it would be nice if it worked for me where I could have confidence in it.

Anybody have any similar findings?
Wow. I have never used the draft dominator because I have only played in Dynasty leagues for over 25 years. May have to check it out my next night off. Big rosters, full idp, so it wouldn't surprise me if many defensive players aren't on it.

Hi there, I'm the Draft Dominator developer, I've seen this issue raised on helpdesk, directly to me from Joe, and now on the forums too - so just trying to cut out the middle man and explain the situation exactly.

@Gally , the issue is that more linemen are currently rostered than the Draft Dominator thinks should be rostered. The conditions that need to be met to see this issue are:
  1. a dynasty league
  2. an IDP league
  3. more players rostered at a single position than the Draft Dominator thinks should be rostered (which is unlikely, because most rosters have enough space for a full draft, and relative balance amongst all positions across all teams)
  4. high-value players at that same position available in the draft
  5. you're looking at the CSV export, not the main players list. Aaron Donald is in the main players list.
4) is the one that is most unlikely. I'm sure there's a super good reason for it, but in most dynasty IDP leagues, Aaron Donald would not be in the draft pool unless it was a start up draft.

The fix is that the application should check to see if any high value players at that position are available, and if so, include them in the rankings.

However, this would involve changing code that would affect all rankings across all drafts and all positions. I can't be sure that this fix wouldn't cause significant issues for other leagues. It's therefore not a change I am comfortable making this late into draft season.

I'm sorry that means it doesn't perfectly export a CSV for your league. But the main app itself is unaffected. We also provided a couple workarounds for you.

Again, apologies we didn't get this for you this year. Customer support will get you a refund there if that's the best way forward for you. But this is the best we can do this year. I wish we could get this working perfectly for everyone and trust me, I'm extremely low on sleep right now trying to make that happen! In this case, we're not going to get it working for you perfectly.

But having spent a lot of time looking into this, I would like to generally reassure that this issue is highly unlikely to affect other leagues, and we've spent considerable time this year getting the Draft Dominator super optimized for IDP, dynasty and IDP dynasty leagues.

Hi there, I'm the Draft Dominator developer, I've seen this issue raised on helpdesk, directly to me from Joe, and now on the forums too - so just trying to cut out the middle man and explain the situation exactly.

@Gally , the issue is that more linemen are currently rostered than the Draft Dominator thinks should be rostered. The conditions that need to be met to see this issue are:
  1. a dynasty league
  2. an IDP league
  3. more players rostered at a single position than the Draft Dominator thinks should be rostered (which is unlikely, because most rosters have enough space for a full draft, and relative balance amongst all positions across all teams)
  4. high-value players at that same position available in the draft
  5. you're looking at the CSV export, not the main players list. Aaron Donald is in the main players list.
4) is the one that is most unlikely. I'm sure there's a super good reason for it, but in most dynasty IDP leagues, Aaron Donald would not be in the draft pool unless it was a start up draft.

The fix is that the application should check to see if any high value players at that position are available, and if so, include them in the rankings.

However, this would involve changing code that would affect all rankings across all drafts and all positions. I can't be sure that this fix wouldn't cause significant issues for other leagues. It's therefore not a change I am comfortable making this late into draft season.

I'm sorry that means it doesn't perfectly export a CSV for your league. But the main app itself is unaffected. We also provided a couple workarounds for you.

Again, apologies we didn't get this for you this year. Customer support will get you a refund there if that's the best way forward for you. But this is the best we can do this year. I wish we could get this working perfectly for everyone and trust me, I'm extremely low on sleep right now trying to make that happen! In this case, we're not going to get it working for you perfectly.

But having spent a lot of time looking into this, I would like to generally reassure that this issue is highly unlikely to affect other leagues, and we've spent considerable time this year getting the Draft Dominator super optimized for IDP, dynasty and IDP dynasty leagues.
I appreciate the detailed response. It provides a lot of context.

For context we start 2 DL and a flex and our scoring allows for DL to be a common flex play. There are 31 DL rostered for a 12 team league. I am surprised the program takes that as no other DL should be rostered especially based on my scoring system.

When I get a chance I will go back into the DD and see where DL start showing up in the queue to see if they are valued as I think they should. I will post here what I find.

Again, I very much appreciate the response. Maybe we can revisit this after the rush of the season start to see if I am doing something wrong or if my league parameters are just strange enough that it allows for some wonky outputs. I am sure it's something I am doing.

@Gally , it's not on you, I'm sure you're using it correctly!

The app thinks your league should roster 30 DLs. I can see that in the background by logging some of the VBD analysis

I have this one saved to look at for next year, for sure. In March or whenever I can give it the time it needs to make sure it's humming perfect for next year.

Users who are viewing this thread