What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Draft Pick/ Keepe Help - WHIR (1 Viewer)

4th&inches

Footballguy
I need help with my Keepers & who to pick at 1.05:

**Notes/ League Info:
  • 12-team, .5PPR keeper league (QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, FLEX, K, DST).
  • We can keep up to 4 players (originally) drafted after the 5th round
  • The round listed after the player = the draft round I'd be giving up in this draft (ex. ARSB would be my draft pick 9.05 pick).
    • if keeping 2 players with the same round (ex. Dobbins & Walker), 1 player would move round back (ex: 7th & 8th rd picks)
  • I have pick 1.05
  • 12-teams = max of 48 players possibly bein kept

ARSB = Keeping, no brainer. have 3 keepers left

Keeper Choices (draft round):
  • Jaylen Waddle - Mia - 6th
  • James Cook (RB - BUF) - 6th
  • J.K. Dobbins (RB - BAL) - 7th
  • Kenneth Walker III (RB - SEA) - 7th
  • George Pickens (WR - PIT) - 9th
  • Amon-Ra St. Brown (WR - DET) - 9th
  • Zamir White (RB - LV) - 10th
  • Brian Robinson (RB - WAS) - 14th

With the 5th pick, I expect Chase, CMC, & probably Ekeler to be drafted 1,2,3 (The guy who has pick 1.12 is keeping Justin Jefferson). Given my above keeper choices who would you draft? My thoughts below:

Kelce - little early at 1.05, but absolute STUD at TE
Kupp - Sounds like he's back & if so, has WR1 upside.
Bijan Robinson - reach? is this kid for real?
T. Hill - similar upside to Kupp, but if I keep Waddle is a no-go
Chubb - dude is a STUD and sounds like he's gonna catch more passes this year too

Last edited:
We can keep 4 players (drafted after the 5th round) & i have the 5th pick (Justin Jefferson being kept at pick 1.12)
I am not sure what this means or why it is relevant. Are you the one keeping Jefferson? Do you lose the round pick as listed (ASRB means you love your 9th round pick)?

I would list your keepers in this order:
  1. ARSB - as you have already said this is a no brainer
  2. Waddle - just as much of a no brainer
  3. Walker & Dobbins: A tie for me. I would actually keep both as your 3rd and 4th keepers but not sure how that works since they are both 7th rounders.
  4. Cook - I like his situation and offense
  5. Pickens - would like to see how this year goes but think he could be a top 20WR
  6. Robinson - not keeping but he is next
  7. White - last guy left.

As far as who I would tale of those listed at 1.05:
  1. Chubb - best of those guys so easy pick
  2. Kupp - really close between one and two but going with Chubb due to position.
  3. Hill - a bit of risk with Tua but should be fine
  4. Kelce - over Bijan because Bijan is a rookie and Atlanta isn't good
  5. Bijan - rookie and you will have RB's already.

We can keep 4 players (drafted after the 5th round) & i have the 5th pick (Justin Jefferson being kept at pick 1.12)
I am not sure what this means or why it is relevant. Are you the one keeping Jefferson? Do you lose the round pick as listed (ASRB means you love your 9th round pick)?

Thanks for the advise, To clarify:
  • We can keep up to 4 players
  • We can only keep players drafted after round 5.
  • Another team has Jefferson and has the 1.12 pick. He is keeping Jeffereson since he drafted him a couple years ago after round 5 (this is his last year to be kept) - I included this info since he'd have been drafted at 1.01 or 1.02 and would impact who's left for me at 1.05.
  • The round listed after the player = the draft round I'd be giving up in this draft (ex. ARSB would be my draft pick 9.05 pick).

Thanks again for the insight & (potentially) reading the above additional info.

Keepers: St Brown, Waddle, Cook and Dobbins. I'd understand if you prefer Walker over either of the 2 RBs, the 3 of them are very similar options.

Draft: Kelce (age not a worry since can't keep anyways), Chubb, Hill, Bijan, Kupp

thanks for seeing mine

Keepers - Like everyone else said - St brown and waddle are no brainers. Dobbins I think is probably a decent value in the 7th, then probably Cook.

Draft - I like Tyreek the best of the bunch, but I get it might be tough with waddle already. You have 2 great WRs already so I would probably go with Kelce, Kupp, Chubb, Hill, Bijan.

As to who to keep, here is how I'd prioritize them:
  • Amon-Ra St. Brown
  • Jaylen Waddle
  • James Cook
  • J.K. Dobbins
Now on to who to draft:

No bad choices there, but I think Kelce and Chubb stand out above the rest. Kelce gives you a huge advantage over every other team at TE, and Chubb I think is in for a monster year.

If you were to keep all four I still see you needing more help at RB than WR, so that would push you away from the WR choices.

I think the final choice comes down to the answer to the following question, "Are you OK with going light at RB?" Not quite zero RB, but still... If you are, I think you have a GREAT start to an "everything but RB" lineup with Kelce. And if you can hit on a high upside WR at the first turn... that's a winner. Even more so if Dobbins and Cook hit their upside, which some are suggesting they will.

Users who are viewing this thread