What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Draft Top 10 at each Position - NFL purposes (1 Viewer)

ConstruxBoy

Kate's Daddy
Wondering if anyone else (besides Bloom) has a top 10 for the draft at each position in terms of future NFL success. Not where they will get drafted or whether they will be good fantasy players.

Mine:

QB

1) V Young

2) M Leinart

3) J Cutler

4) B Croyle

5) B Gradkowski

6) I Martin

7) O Jacobs

8) C Whitehurst

9) R McNeal

10) E Meyer

RB

1) R Bush

2) D Williams

3) L Maroney

4) J Norwood

5) L White

6) J Addai

7) J Harrison

8) B Calhoun

9) M Drew

10) A Hall

WR

1) C Jackson

2) S Moss

3) S Holmes

4) M Stovall

5) J Avant

6) D Williams

7) D Hagan

8) T Wilson

9) B Marshall

10) M Hass

TE

1) V Davis

2) L Pope

3) J Klopfenstein

4) M Lewis

5) D Byrd

6) T Scheffler

7) A Fasano

8) T Day

9) J King

10) D Thomas

OL

1) D Ferguson

2) W Justice

3) D Joseph

4) E Winston

5) M Jean-Gilles

6) R Colledge

7) N Mangold

8) M McNeil

9) C Spencer

10) A Whitworth

DL

1) M Williams

2) B Bunkley

3) K Wimbley

4) M Anderson

5) H Ngata

6) G Watson

7) C Gocong

8) T Hali

9) M Kiwanuka

10) C Wroten

LB

1) A Hawk

2) E Sims

3) D Jackson

4) M Lawson

5) C Greenway

6) F Keiaho

7) A Hodge

8) B Carpenter

9) D Ryans

10) F Roach

DB

1) M Huff

2) J Allen

3) T Hill

4) D Bing

5) J Williams

6) D Whitner

7) A Youboty

8) A Cromartie

9) C Griffin

10) D Bullocks

Anyone else?

I work with a guy that is a "draftnik". When he told me I just figured, "cool, you really dig football and like to watch the draft." Uh, no...This guy buys EVERY draft publication, puts their rankings in a computer application, then adds his own rankings and various categories. He then compiles all the numbers into one master sheet with his overall rankings. The guy uses ESPN, DraftXchng, Draft Insider, DSL, Kiper, Ourlads, PFW, Sporting News, and FB Room. Sure, you can probably say he overanalyzes, but he's a "draftnik". I'm telling ya, the guy should be working for an NFL team somewhere. Anyway, he hasn't compiled his entire list yet but he gave me a sample of what he has. Here are his rankings as of last week:

QB

Leinart

Cutler

Young

Jacobs

Croyle

Whitehurst

RB

Bush

White (pre Pro-day) :thumbdown:

Williams

Maroney

Addai

Calhoun

Drew

Washington

Hall

Harrison

Norwood

WR

Holmes

Jackson

Moss

Hagan

Stovall

Avant

Hester

D. Williams

Nance

Lee

TE

Davis

Pope

Lewis

Fasano

Byrd

Klopfenstein

This is just the skill positions out of the top 100 he gave me.

Cool, thanks Warpig. Surprised to see Leon Washington so high. I know that sometimes players underperform in college and then excel in the NFL, but usually they have great measurables. I don't see that in Washington.

Anyone else?
Good stuff. I'm working on it. I'd rather see the OL and DL broken down by position though. Couple thoughts.

Gotta have Joseph in the top 10 DBs. He's been on a very steady rise and rightfully so.

The Aztec LB made me chuckle. Morrison all over again? I am very high on Ryans after being low on him when others were high on him and now they are low on him. :loco:

Like the high rating for Klopfenstein. Not sure I agree, but he's certainly in the mix.

I don't have Avant in my top 10 WRs. :unsure:

I'm giving LenDayne White a break and keeping him at RB3. I used to have the first three in a top tier. Now it's just two, and White tops the next tier.

Cool, thanks Warpig. Surprised to see Leon Washington so high. I know that sometimes players underperform in college and then excel in the NFL, but usually they have great measurables. I don't see that in Washington.
I guess the highest score you can get is a 6. Bush scored a 5.564 (highest score of all the draftees). The difference between he and Washington is 1.144 and the difference between Washington and the next ranked RB (Hall) is .013. I'm sure everyone will tweak rankings as they see fit. So just take it with a grain of salt. But this guy puts in ALOT of time and effort into this stuff.**note**

I'll try to add the defensive guys later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else?
Good stuff. I'm working on it. I'd rather see the OL and DL broken down by position though. Couple thoughts.

Gotta have Joseph in the top 10 DBs. He's been on a very steady rise and rightfully so.

The Aztec LB made me chuckle. Morrison all over again? I am very high on Ryans after being low on him when others were high on him and now they are low on him. :loco:

Like the high rating for Klopfenstein. Not sure I agree, but he's certainly in the mix.

I don't have Avant in my top 10 WRs. :unsure:

I'm giving LenDayne White a break and keeping him at RB3. I used to have the first three in a top tier. Now it's just two, and White tops the next tier.
Joesph:I'm afraid that he's just a speed merchant and he is quite inexperienced.

Keiaho:

I'm more thinking of Tatupu, to be honest. I think size can be very overrated at the LB position.

Klopfenstein:

I really like this guy alot. I think he'll really surprise people.

Avant:

Ehh...you may be correct. I know he didn't look fantastic during the Senior Bowl week, but I think he's the kind of guy who can hang around the NFL for awhile and be productive.

White:

Just not seeing the desire to be great from him, regardless of inate ability.

Thanks!

:blackdot:

Nice job!

Interesting how low Warpig's friend has Norwood. I know Construx and Chaos Commish are high on him.

What?!? no love for Mike Hass, the Biletnikoff Award winner. Performed well in the Allstar game. 6'1" 208 ; 4.58 40 ; 36.5" Vert ;

What?!? no love for Mike Hass, the Biletnikoff Award winner. Performed well in the Allstar game. 6'1" 208 ; 4.58 40 ; 36.5" Vert ;
Well, to be honest I think I have him higher than alot of places. I really like him and I think he'll be a very good 3rd-4th WR in the league for a long time and do the types of things that win championships. But most people are making lists based on either fantasy production (and he'd be low on that) or on draft order (and GMs don't waste high picks on guys like him). But I think he'll be an excellent NFL player. Just not a stat or fantasy football machine.

Users who are viewing this thread