What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Drew Brees 2-0 vs. Tom Brady (1 Viewer)

Pigskin Fanatic

Footballguy
Whether interesting or useless it's only relevant today.

2002 Week 4 San Diego Chargers def. New England Patriots at home 21-14

Drew Brees: 10/18 104 yards 1 td 0 int

Tom Brady: 36/53 353 yards 2 td 2 int

2005 Week 4 San Diego Chargers def. New England Patriots at New England 47-14!

Drew Brees: 19/24 248 yards 2 td 0 int

Tom Brady: 19/32 224 yards 1 td 1 int

The title of the thread may have you believe that I think Brees won these games on his back. That is not the intent nor the message, LT was the driving force of the win in both games. And looking at the stat line in the game in 2002, it's hard to argue that Brees matched up to Brady at all back then. But the stat line in 2005 tells a different story. And, with or without LT, it's the Chargers!

The simple fact is Brees has yet to lose to the Patriots. What that means, I don't know, but it is the fact. Now he has arguably the best offense in the NFL and a defense that is better than any group the Saints have has in, oh, I don't even know the last time I thought the Saints had a defense worthy of mentioning at all.

Some more random things I noticed about tonight's game:

New England has not visited New Orleans since 1998. I didn't look up who the starting QB's and RB's were that year.

New England has not played against the Saints since 2005, when Aaron Brooks and company visited New England and lost 24-17. Saints won 3 games that year and Brees went to the Pro Bowl. That, again, is the year Brees last defeated Brady and the Pats.

This is a long Monday thanks to the long weekend, I can't wait for 5:30. Da dada da da daaaaaahhhhhh~~~~~~

The Pats had MASSIVE injuries in the 2005 game on defense. IIRC, most of their starting defense was out for the Chargers game. As a result, I believe they gave up two games of 40+ points and another two games of 28 points in the same month . . . by far their worse defensive performance in any given month in the BB/Brady era.

I believe the guys that were out were: Asante Samuel, Tedy Bruschi, Richard Seymour, Rodney Harrison, Duane Starks, Mike Wright, Randall Gay, James Sanders, Artrell Hawkins, and some other depth guys.

The last time the Pats played in the Superdome was when they won one of their SBs.

Users who are viewing this thread