What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

DST scoring. no negatives (1 Viewer)

hammer6head

Footballguy
Our DST use the following Points Against and Yards Allowed

0 - 0 DSTPAs = 12 points
1 - 6 DSTPAs = 10 points
7 - 13 DSTPAs = 8 points
14 - 20 DSTPAs = 6 points
21 - 27 DSTPAs = 4 points
28 - 34 DSTPAs = 2 points

0 - 24 YDSs = 16 points
25 - 49 YDSs = 15 points
50 - 74 YDSs = 14 points
75 - 99 YDSs = 13 points
100 - 124 YDSs = 12 points
125 - 149 YDSs = 11 points
150 - 174 YDSs = 10 points
175 - 199 YDSs = 9 points
200 - 224 YDSs = 8 points
225 - 249 YDSs = 7 points
250 - 274 YDSs = 6 points
275 - 299 YDSs = 5 points
300 - 324 YDSs = 4 points
325 - 349 YDSs = 3 points
350 - 374 YDSs = 2 points
375 - 399 YDSs = 1 point

Last season, the top 12 DST's averaged 14.57 fantasy points per game. 

Just wondering how many other leagues use this type of scoring. We are not required to start a DST and, at times, the smart play would be to not start a DST when the possibility exists that they could finish in the negative. Wins are the most important thing but sitting a DST to secure a win will mess with one's Year To Date totals. 

Just wondering how many other leagues use this type of scoring. We are not required to start a DST and, at times, the smart play would be to not start a DST when the possibility exists that they could finish in the negative. Wins are the most important thing but sitting a DST to secure a win will mess with one's Year To Date totals. 
How could your DST finish in the negative?  All your points in the scoring you listed are positive numbers.

That's what I'm saying ... We do not use negs for that reason. The possibility does not exist in our league

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah but you just said why start a DEF when they could finish “in the negs” but then state in your next post that that is impossible...

I'm officially confused

Okay, let me clarify. I've never played in a league where DST could finish with negative points but it seems to me that unless you must start a DST it is not always the thing to do. In our league there is no minimum amount of players you must start at any position. So, if i hold a 1 point lead going into Monday night with a DST yet to play and my opponent has nobody left to play and i am in a league where my DST could finish negatively .... I'm yanking that DST to secure the win. Chances are that Monday night DST will finish in the positive but i forfeited those Year To Date points which could come into play, down the road, as a playoff tie breaker. The DST's in our league cannot score in the negatives and are second highest scoring position behind QBs. Some might think that is out of whack but i think it is cool this way. Anyone?

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, let me clarify. I've never played in a league where DST could finish with negative points but it seems to me that unless you must start a DST it is not always the thing to do. In our league there is no minimum amount of players you must start at any position. So, if i hold a 1 point lead going into Monday night with a DST yet to play and my opponent has nobody left to play and i am in a league where my DST could finish negatively .... I'm yanking that DST to secure the win. Chances are that Monday night DST will finish in the positive but i forfeited those Year To Date points which could come into play, down the road, as a playoff tie breaker. The DST's in our league cannot score in the negatives and are second highest scoring position behind QBs. Some might think that is out of whack but i think it is cool this way. Anyone?
Regarding the bolded part of your post. If defenses can score negatively, IMO you shouldn't be allowed to not start a defense.

In my main league our defenses are designed to score negative points (I can post the scoring if interested) , guys are not allowed to not start a defense or start a defense on a bye. If they do they will receive the worst defensive score for that week from any team in the NFL (rostered or not) 

Users who are viewing this thread