What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[DYNASTY] 2 Startup Dynasty Draft - TLDL & VLDL (1 Viewer)

Zowned

Footballguy
I've started 2 12-team, 25-man dynasty leagues, both composed of FBG's. Both are scored and ran the same. 1PPR, 6/TD pass. Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, K, DEF.

Both rookies and veterans are drafted together in this initial draft. Feel free to use this to get an idea of what's being traded for certain picks, ADP, or just to comment on some of the picks.

FBGs: identikit, Enigma or Loose Cannon?, V1LL, mcintyre1, Qmaster, bdf140, DocT, Cowboys#1, bradf35,

LeagueScoring

TLDL

MFL Link

Draft Report

Trade Log

VLDL

MFL Link

Draft Report

Trade Log

Code:
Tom Landry League Draft						 Vince Lombardi League Draft1.01 Enchiladas - RB LaDainian Tomlinson........ArchAngels - RB LaDainian Tomlinson1.02 Vatican - RB Steven Jackson................Sup Yo - RB Steven Jackson1.03 Grinnell - RB Larry Johnson................Experts - RB Reggie Bush1.04 Experts - RB Reggie Bush...................Blonde - RB Larry Johnson1.05 Nightmare - RB Frank Gore..................Carolina - RB Laurence Maroney1.06 For Sale - RB Joseph Addai.................Legions - RB Frank Gore1.07 Ebolacolas - RB Laurence Maroney...........Cowboys - RB Brian Westbrook1.08 Rabbits - RB Ronnie Brown..................Liberty - RB Joseph Addai1.09 Grinnell - QB Peyton Manning...............Legions - QB Peyton Manning1.10 Jackal - RB Adrian Peterson................Chickens - WR Larry Fitzgerald1.11 Knights - RB Maurice Drew..................Cobras - RB Clinton Portis1.12 Velvet - RB Brian Westbrook................Mon-Starz - RB Willis McGahee2.01 Ebolacolas - RB Willie Parker..............Mon-Starz - RB Cedric Benson2.02 Nightmare - RB Clinton Portis..............Cobras - RB Ronnie Brown2.03 Jackal - WR Calvin Johnson.................Chickens - RB Willie Parker2.04 Rabbits - RB Willis McGahee................Lonely - RB Adrian Peterson2.05 Knights - WR Larry Fitzgerald..............Liberty - RB Maurice Drew2.06 Hurricanes - WR Chad Johnson...............Cowboys - WR Calvin Johnson2.07 For Sale - WR Steve Smith..................Lonely - WR Chad Johnson2.08 Velvet - RB Shaun Alexander................Carolina - RB Shaun Alexander2.09 Hurricanes - WR Reggie Wayne...............Blonde - WR Steve Smith2.10 Knights - RB Cedric Benson.................Mon-Starz - RB Rudi Johnson2.11 Vatican - QB Carson Palmer.................Sup Yo - QB Carson Palmer2.12 Leaky - RB DeAngelo Williams...............ArchAngels - WR Reggie Wayne3.01 Leaky - RB Carnell Williams................ArchAngels - WR Torry Holt3.02 Vatican - RB Edgerrin James................Q's Legions - TE Antonio Gates3.03 Experts - RB Marshawn Lynch................Mon-Starz - QB Tom Brady3.04 Hurricanes - TE Antonio Gates..............Blonde - WR Anquan Boldin3.05 Hurricanes - RB Rudi Johnson...............Carolina - WR Marvin Harrison3.06 For Sale - WR Torry Holt...................Sup Yo - RB DeAngelo Williams3.07 Knights - WR Marques Colston...............Cowboys - WR Andre Johnson3.08 Grinnell - WR Andre Johnson................Liberty - RB Marshawn Lynch3.09 Velvet - WR Roy Williams...................Lonely - WR Roy Williams3.10 Jackal - WR Anquan Boldin..................Chickens - WR Marques Colston3.11 Hurricanes - RB Travis Henry...............Cobras - QB Drew Brees3.12 Grinnell - WR Lee Evans....................Experts - RB Carnell Williams4.01 Velvet - RB Marion Barber..................Lonely - WR Lee Evans4.02 Hurricanes - WR Marvin Harrison............Cobras - RB Travis Henry4.03 Jackal - RB Michael Turner.................Chickens - QB Marc Bulger4.04 Rabbits - WR Javon Walker..................Sup Yo - WR Javon Walker4.05 Rabbits - RB Kevin Jones...................Liberty - WR Randy Moss4.06 Hurricanes - QB Drew Brees.................Cowboys - RB Marion Barber4.07 For Sale - RB Thomas Jones.................Lonely - WR Plaxico Burress4.08 Nightmare - WR Terrell Owens...............Carolina - WR Terrell Owens4.09 Ebolacolas - QB Tom Brady..................Blonde - WR Donald Driver4.10 Knights - RB Brandon Jacobs................Q's Legions - WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh4.11 Vatican - RB LenDale White.................Experts - RB Edgerrin James4.12 Leaky - QB Donovan McNabb..................ArchAngels - RB Deuce McAllister5.01 Leaky - WR Plaxico Burress.................ArchAngels - RB Thomas Jones5.02 Nightmare - WR Randy Moss..................Cowboys - RB Michael Turner5.03 Velvet - WR Braylon Edwards................Experts - WR Braylon Edwards5.04 Vatican - WR TJ Houshmandzadeh.............Blonde - QB Matt Leinart5.05 Rabbits - QB Vince Young...................Carolina - QB Donovan McNabb5.06 For Sale - WR Donald Driver................Legions - RB Brandon Jacobs5.07 Knights - WR Reggie Brown..................Experts - QB Vince Young5.08 Nightmare - RB Jerious Norwood.............Liberty - QB Jay Cutler5.09 Hurricanes - RB Deuce McAllister...........Sup Yo - WR Hines Ward5.10 Jackal - WR Brandon Marshall...............Chickens - TE Todd Heap5.11 Knights - QB Marc Bulger...................Cobras - RB Brandon Jackson5.12 Grinnell - WR Hines Ward...................Lonely - RB Kevin Jones

Last edited by a moderator:
I knew I was going to be up and about for the start of the draft, so I decided to see how things fell and not pre-draft...

Feeling that the 4th or 5th pick is the perfect place to be. Steven Jackson, LJ, Bush...don't have to make the tough decision of which one to go with but still get one of the three. I would have been torn to maybe take Bush #2 and definately #3. Am very glad he fell to me at the 4th spot.

Picking again until 3.12 definately sucks though.

Feeling that the 4th or 5th pick is the perfect place to be. Steven Jackson, LJ, Bush...don't have to make the tough decision of which one to go with but still get one of the three. I would have been torn to maybe take Bush #2 and definately #3. Am very glad he fell to me at the 4th spot.Picking again until 3.12 definately sucks though.
I seriously considered him at 1.03, but I am still wary of his lack of production on the ground. sure, he scored 6 TD's, but only had 3.8 YPC and really only 1 big game rushing. PPR is nice though, but I don't want to have to bank on that.

Feeling that the 4th or 5th pick is the perfect place to be. Steven Jackson, LJ, Bush...don't have to make the tough decision of which one to go with but still get one of the three. I would have been torn to maybe take Bush #2 and definately #3. Am very glad he fell to me at the 4th spot.Picking again until 3.12 definately sucks though.
I seriously considered him at 1.03, but I am still wary of his lack of production on the ground. sure, he scored 6 TD's, but only had 3.8 YPC and really only 1 big game rushing. PPR is nice though, but I don't want to have to bank on that.
Larry Johnson is what, 27? RB's decline greatly after 30. I realize he has only really ran for 2 years but he's 5 years older than Bush and I've decided to begin building towards youth. That's the fun though, different strategies by different owners.

Yeah, I took into account LJ's age, but then I thought, "LT is 28, and no one had concerns over taking him." Sure, he's a BEAST, and LJ is a lesser beast on a more questionable team, but he's a safer bet than a lot of RB's out there. I figure I can get at least 2 solid years out of him, and 2 years is a 2 years.

Quite a few politically incorrect team names. Bloodstained Hurricane.....Vatican City Antichrists.....etc.

Trade Nightmare sends 1.08 and 3.08 to Rabbits for 1.05 and 4.08 and Nightmare drafts Gore. Immediately via pre draft rankings For Sale drafts Addai. Picks so far:

1.01 LT

1.02 SJax

1.03 LJ

1.04 Bush

1.05 Gore

1.06 Addai

* Velvet Elvis gave up Year 2007 Draft Pick 1.07;Year 2007 Draft Pick 2.06;Year 2007 Draft Pick 6.06

* ebolacolas gave up Year 2007 Draft Pick 1.09;Year 2007 Draft Pick 2.04;Year 2007 Draft Pick 6.04

* Knights of Prosperity gave up Year 2007 Draft Pick 1.09;Year 2007 Draft Pick 7.11;Year 2007 Draft Pick 9.11

* Grinnell Pioneers gave up Year 2007 Draft Pick 1.11;Year 2007 Draft Pick 6.10;Year 2007 Draft Pick 9.03

* Velvet Elvis gave up Year 2007 Draft Pick 1.07;Year 2007 Draft Pick 2.06;Year 2007 Draft Pick 6.06 * ebolacolas gave up Year 2007 Draft Pick 1.09;Year 2007 Draft Pick 2.04;Year 2007 Draft Pick 6.04
well my plan was to move down to the bottom of the first and move up in a couple of the later rounds. Mission accomplished with 2 quick trades. Only problem is, I missed on my target. I wanted AD real bad. Guess I shouldn't have made the 2nd trade. I am VERY happy to get a great pass-catching back in Westbrook with the 12th over-all pick though. He'll be golden in this scoring system

wtf is going on with the commissioner lockout emails i keep getting. why does the status keep changing

On the MFL website, he explained that he completed a trade with Bloodstained Hurricanes over the phone (he isn't at a computer) and he had to change his permissions to OK the trade for Hurricanes.

2.03 15. jackal - WR Calvin Johnson

WOW - So CJ becomes the #1 WR in dynasty and has not played a game yet--wow --just WOW.

dont people have e-mail notification of trade requests.. im waiting to hear back from a couple of guys and its holding things up.

I like Calvin Johnson as much as the next guy, but it's still crazy to see him going as a top 3-4 dynasty WR (first WR in this case). I guess it's like Bush last year. You're going to have to pay the price if you want him on your team, because someone will take a chance on him early.

I like Calvin Johnson as much as the next guy, but it's still crazy to see him going as a top 3-4 dynasty WR (first WR in this case). I guess it's like Bush last year. You're going to have to pay the price if you want him on your team, because someone will take a chance on him early.
the owner took Peterson 1st, so this is clearly a strategy to be uber young and talented, although not very good Year 1...follow that up w/an early '08, that has some nice looking talent and one really can't fault the approachnot everyone's cup-'o-tea, mind you, but hard to argue

the owner took Peterson 1st, so this is clearly a strategy to be uber young and talented, although not very good Year 1...follow that up w/an early '08, that has some nice looking talent and one really can't fault the approachnot everyone's cup-'o-tea, mind you, but hard to argue
I've followed a similar approach with getting Bush & Lynch and now not picking until the 7th round. Pair those two with 3 1sts in 2008 and 4 in 2009 and I should be able to build a pretty young squad that will one day compete.

Similar to what I did in HyperActive last year. Took Fitzgerald and Bush in the first. Stunk it up in year one. Landed the 1.01.This approach can give you a good talent base if you're patient, but losing in year one is a bummer.

Users who are viewing this thread