What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] 2020 NFL Draft Class (1 Viewer)

Rotoworld:

Stanford junior TE Colby Parkinson announced on Friday that he will forego his final season of eligibility and enter the 2020 NFL Draft.

Parkinson (6'7/251) caught 48 passes for 589 yards and a touchdown this season, with his trips to the end zone decreasing significantly thanks in large part to Stanford's many issues on offense. By comparison the junior tight end scored seven touchdowns in 2018, a season in which he caught 29 passes for 485 yards. Parkinson was recently ranked eighth among draft-eligible tight ends by ESPN draft analyst Mel Kiper Jr., and prior to the start of the season he was given a fifth-round grade by Pro Football Network draft analyst Tony Pauline.

SOURCE: Colby Parkinson on Twitter

Dec 20, 2019, 6:12 PM ET

FAU senior TE Harrison Bryant is not expected to play in Saturday's Boca Raton Bowl vs. SMU.

Bryant (6'5/225) was named the winner of the John Mackey Award on December 11, becoming the first winner of the award in program history. With the senior having accepted an invitation to play in the Reese's Senior Bowl next month and the program's head coach (Lane Kiffin) having moved on to a new job, it's understandable if Bryant decides that he will sit out the bowl game. The senior tight end caught 65 passes for 1,004 yards and seven touchdowns this season.

SOURCE: FAU Owl Access

Dec 20, 2019, 5:05 PM ET

Utah State QB Jordan Love completed 30-of-39 passes for 317 yards and three touchdowns in a 51-41 loss to Kent State in the Tropical Smoothie Cafe Frisco Bowl Friday.

Love (6'4/225) had a tumultuous week leading up to the bowl, getting arrested on a misdemeanor charge of Marijuana possession last Saturday night alongside starting RB Gerold Bright and WR Sean Carter. His game performance was a solid all-around effort, completing 77% of his passes and leading Utah State to 505 yards of total offense. His one interception was the fault of his WR Jordan Nathan, as Love put his pass right on the money but when Nathan turned up-field the tackling defender put his helmet right on the ball, popping it up in the air and landing in a Kent State player's arms. Love is still one of the most intriguing signal callers in the 2020 NFL Draft and will likely garner a first or second round selection.

Dec 20, 2019, 11:45 PM ET

Washington redshirt junior QB Jacob Eason completed 22-of-32 passes for 210 yards and one touchdown in Saturday's 38-7 win over Boise State in the Mitsubishi Motors Las Vegas Bowl.

The win gives Chris Petersen a final victory in his last game as the coach of the Huskies. Eason played a different tune in the bowl game than he usually does. Normally, the signal-caller can be a little up-and-down, but he played a very low volatility, low efficiency game. The 6-foot-6, 227-pound redshirt junior finishes the year with 23 touchdowns to 8 interceptions while throwing at a clip of 7.7 yards per pass. Though Washington struggled to find consistency at WR this season, Eason kept the offense afloat and showed off plenty of desirable NFL traits. Eason still has a decision to make on whether or not he will enter the NFL Draft. If Eason were to declare, he would likely be a Day 2 prospect with the potential to slip into the first round, depending on how many teams desperately want a rookie QB.

Dec 21, 2019, 10:48 PM ET

Washington junior RB Salvon Ahmed ran the ball six times for 20 yards and two touchdowns while catching two passes for 26 yards in Saturday's 38-7 win over Boise State in the Mitsubishi Motors Las Vegas Bowl.

Ahmed missed a few drives in the second and third quarters with a minor injury, but came back midway through the third quarter. Ahmed’s first touchdown was an eight-yard dash before he left the game for a bit, while his second was late in the game as Boise State was already down for the count. Though he didn’t play much in this game, Ahmed led the Huskies in rushing this year by over 500 yards. A 5-foot-11, 196-pound back, Ahmed is right around the quality of player that teeters around being able to reasonably declare for the NFL Draft early, but he has yet to make a decision. Ahmed is a huge speed threat who the Huskies would love to have back next season as they enter a transition year with HC Chris Petersen’s departure.

Dec 21, 2019, 10:50 PM ET

Washington senior WR Aaron Fuller caught five passes for just 29 yards in Saturday's 38-7 win over Boise State in the Mitsubishi Motors Las Vegas Bowl.

Fuller (5'11/188) didn’t put together the season many were hoping he would. A fantastic short-area athlete with run-after-catch threat, Fuller struggled to haul in passes this year and could not find consistency all season. While Fuller did notch two more touchdowns this year than in 2018, he also averaged roughly 2.5 yards per reception less than he did as a junior. Fuller was an intriguing prospect heading into the season, but is now settling as a Day 3 prospect who a patient WR coach may be able to shape into a solid contributor down the line.

Dec 21, 2019, 11:02 PM ET

UCF WR Gabriel Davis merits Day 2 consideration in this spring's NFL Draft according to Dane Brugler of The Athletic.

Davis (6'3/212) announced in early December that he would forego his final season of eligibility to enter the NFL Draft, and he'll play in his final collegiate game on Monday. The Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl matchup with Marshall gives the standout wide receiver one last chance to not only play alongside his UCF teammates but also show NFL scouts and decision-makers what he brings to the table. "Although not a burner, Davis accelerates smoothly in his routes with subtle suddenness at the stem, finishing strong with his hands," Brugler wrote in this analysis of Davis. "He might get overlooked in a loaded wide receiver class, but he should absolutely be considered on Day 2 of the draft." Davis enters the bowl game with a receiving stat line of 72-1,241-12.

SOURCE: The Athletic

Dec 22, 2019, 6:19 PM ET

According to WalterFootball.com draft analyst Charlie Campbell, LSU junior WR Justin Jefferson could be a better fit as a No. 2 wide receiver as opposed to a No. 1 at the NFL level.

As part of a position group headlined by Biletnikoff Award winner Ja'Marr Chase, Jefferson (6'3/192) has been a solid option in the passing game for QB Joe Burrow. The junior wide receiver has caught 88 passes for 1,207 yards and 14 touchdowns, and he'll have a decision to make regarding the NFL once LSU's season comes to an end. As to his potential fit at the next level, Jefferson may be better as a No. 2 wide receiver as opposed to a No. 1 in the opinion of Campbell. "In the NFL, Jefferson may not be a big separation receiver because he may not have elite speed to run by pro cornerbacks," Campbell wrote. "Jefferson could be better off as a No. 2 receiver playing off a No. 1 and taking advantage of single coverage. It would help Jefferson to add some strength and fill out his frame for the NFL." Jefferson is ranked seventh among draft-eligible wide receivers by ESPN's Mel Kiper Jr., as the position projects to be one of the deepest in the 2020 NFL Draft.

SOURCE: WalterFootball.com

Dec 24, 2019, 3:24 PM ET

I am watching ETNs combine (weight especially)  very closely and his destination matters the most of the top 4 or 5 rbs IMO. Warming up to him, but a lot depends on the above 

I am watching ETNs combine (weight especially)  very closely and his destination matters the most of the top 4 or 5 rbs IMO. Warming up to him, but a lot depends on the above 
Of his 181 carries this season, Etienne broke 84 tackles, forcing a missed tackle on 45% of his attempts to shatter the previous record of 33% by David Montgomery.

Sooooooo, does this mean you’re warming up to him?

Tex

Of his 181 carries this season, Etienne broke 84 tackles, forcing a missed tackle on 45% of his attempts to shatter the previous record of 33% by David Montgomery.

Tex
I am. His size matters a lot to me though. if he's 210 like hes listed then I may very well move him up a lot 

why Taylor? curious onnthat as I have some WI homers in my league... guy oicking ahead of me at 1.1 being one of them
Mostly has to do with him being in I formation a lot and running behind a FB.  A few other nit picky things about his talent but those warts are on everyone I watch so it's not a concern yet.  He can easily show me those are non-issues when I watch more games of his, or at the combine.  

BYU junior TE Matt Bushman caught six passes for 91 yards in a 38-34 loss to Hawaii in the SoFi Hawai'i Bowl.

In addition to his impressive receiving performance, Bushman (6'5/245) also set a textbook seal block on a well-designed play where he pulled all the way from the right-to-the left side of the formation to crash down on a Hawaii interior defender and spring RB Tyler Allgeier for a long gain. Bushman led BYU in receiving and made multiple impressive catches including a beautiful one-handed grab that he broke for a 31-yard completion. For the season, he caught 47 passes for 688 yards and four touchdowns while leading the Cougars in receiving. Bushman is a former freshman All-American who is somewhat long in the tooth for a junior at 24 years old thanks to a two-year mission. He is strongly considering declaring for the NFL Draft and is graded by noted draft analyst Tony Pauline to be a third-to-fifth round prospect.

Dec 25, 2019, 12:47 AM ET

Bleacher Report's Matt Miller passes along that scouts "expect" Oregon senior QB Justin Herbert to attend the Reese's Senior Bowl.

Herbert (6'6/223) is looking to build up his draft stock toward a potential top-15/top-10 selection in the spring. He threw for 3,333 yards with a 32/5 TD/INT ratio during Oregon's run to the Pac-12 title this fall. While Herbert is not as hot a quarterback prospect as LSU's Joe Burrow, he possesses obvious physical talent and we wouldn't be stunned if a few teams fall in love during the spring.

SOURCE: Bleacher Report

Dec 25, 2019, 1:04 PM ET

Well, after going through some WR's I have a controversial #1 it seems.  I checked a lot of top10 lists and he doesn't seem to appear on many if any, and he's likely to be my #1 WR pre-combine/draft.  And if he isn't, he'll definitely be in my top3 and a favorite of mine.  I'll post in the next day or two in my thread with some initial thoughts on WR's though.  That's the teaser.  

Tex
I just started looking into Etienne, and I've only been able to get to highlights so far. Predictably, in what I'm watching there are a lot of wide open holes and clean runways where he can get up to top speed, but even so his acceleration is crazy.  I can see what some evaluators are talking about with a lack of wiggle but I'm not sure that's his game; he seems to be doing subtle things that suggest good vision and decision-making, and he takes really good angles. I'm more intrigued by him than I expected to be just from reading other peoples' evaluations.

I just started looking into Etienne, and I've only been able to get to highlights so far. Predictably, in what I'm watching there are a lot of wide open holes and clean runways where he can get up to top speed, but even so his acceleration is crazy.  I can see what some evaluators are talking about with a lack of wiggle but I'm not sure that's his game; he seems to be doing subtle things that suggest good vision and decision-making, and he takes really good angles. I'm more intrigued by him than I expected to be just from reading other peoples' evaluations.
I see a lot less tackle breaking than I expected after seeing the stats, but it's not that surprising given how often he beats all defenders to the corner. 

He also has some amazing moments where he breaks a tackle without even slowing down.  It looks like he's Christian Okoye in Excellent condition in techmo bowl and the defenders are just bouncing off. 

He looks really good, but maybe not complete enough.  This class is weird. 

This class is weird. 
Not as advertised IMO... seemed to be more slam dunks thought for 2020 this time last year

Many mocks dont have any, or just 1, RB in the first round. 2019 was criticized for only 1 1st rounder. 

Every one of these backs has a questionmark. At least at this point. Leaves a lot to look into 

Last edited by a moderator:
Not as advertised IMO... seemed to be more slam dunks thought for 2020 this time last year

Many mocks dont have any, or just 1, RB in the first round. 2019 was criticized for only 1 1st rounder. 

Every one of these backs has a questionmark. At least at this point. Leaves a lot to look into 
I thought you loved this class Dr?

Appalachian State redshirt junior RB Darrynton Evans declared for the 2020 NFL Draft.

Evans (5'11/200) burst onto the scene with 1,187 yards (6.6 YPC) and seven touchdowns in 2018, with the bulk of that production coming after Jalin Moore went down with a season-ending injury midway through the campaign. He followed that campaign up with a 1,484-yard (5.8 YPC), 18-touchdown showing in 2019, chipping in with a 21-198-5 receiving line to boot. In a deep running backs class, Evans could land as a Day 3 selection in the spring depending on how his evaluating phase plays out.

SOURCE: Darrynton Evans on Twitter

Dec 25, 2019, 5:54 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread