What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] 2020 NFL Draft Class (2 Viewers)

Why can’t TCU find a QB?????? They’ve finally awakened to see the SMU came to play. SMH embarrassing! Jalen Reagor is getting open but they don’t have a freakin QB who can throw. I can roll out there right now even after back surgery and perform better than this crap!

Tex

Ohio St. game has been called off, both coaches agreed. No need to finish the last 2:45 minutes.

Tex

Kylin Hill is a name to watch. He just finished torching Kentucky. Today was my first time. Seeing him but he looks good.

Memo to self: Put Kylin Hill on the Big Board to watch.

:blackdot:

Tex

2020 is a lot deeper than we originally thought. More players are coming out of nowhere and are playing lights out! I plan on using all of my pics next year.

Tex

Higgins has already scored and I can’t get over how big Lawrence is. That’s a big QB!

Another slaughter is about to take place.

Tex

Last edited by a moderator:
Fromm and Swift in a dog fight with #7 ND. Swift is playing tuff and running hard. He just went over 2,000 yards for his career. He’s fighting for every yards breaking a lot of tackles which is good to see. 

Tex

TCU junior WR Jalen Reagor caught two passes for two yards in Saturday's 41-38 loss to SMU.

Reagor (5'11/195) posted 71 yards receiving against Arkansas-Pine Bluff in the opener, but has been held to just 31 yards receiving over his last two games (against Purdue and now SMU). We aren't concerned. The junior remains one of the best receivers in the country and should be able to get things going in due time. A showdown with Kansas next weekend could help toward that cause.

Sep 21, 2019, 8:05 PM ET

TCU senior RB Darius Anderson rushed for 161 yards and two touchdowns on 19 carries in Saturday's 41-38 loss to SMU.

Anderson (5'11/212) coming in with a monster effort in this one. He scored on a 14-yard touchdown run in the first quarter, then came back around for a three-yard scoring run in the second quarter. That latter touchdown came on the heels of a beautiful 77-yard run in which the senior showed off impeccable balance fighting through tackles at the line of scrimmage before turning it up down the left sideline to come within yards of the end zone. Anderson has been hot hot hot over his last two games, rushing for a combined 340 yards in that space. He'll look to do further damage against Kansas in Week 5.

Sep 21, 2019, 7:59 PM ET

Florida State junior RB Cam Akers picked up 112 yards and three touchdowns on 29 carries in a 35-24 victory over Louisville on Saturday.

Akers had to work hard for every yard against the Cardinals, but work hard he did, and it paid off with three trips to the end zone. He helped the Seminoles build a 21-0 lead in the first quarter with two trips to the end zone, and his third touchdown put Louisville away with just 1:37 left. Akers will certainly have better yardage games -- and certainly better averages per carry -- but give him credit for making the most of what he had on Saturday. Next week brings about NC State.

Sep 21, 2019, 7:05 PM ET

FAU senior TE Harrison Bryant (rib) suffered an apparent injury to his rib cage area in the second quarter of Saturday's game against Wagner.

Bryant (6'5/240), the team's top NFL Draft prospect, was crunched for several Wagner tacklers on a reception near the red zone, and he was down on one knee before walking off holding his left rib cage area while under the assistance of a member of the training staff. He was down earlier in the game, too, so that's not a great sign. Bryant entered the day with 13 receptions for a team-high 210 yards (16.2 average) through the first three games.

SOURCE: Jake Elman on Twitter

Sep 21, 2019, 7:01 PM ET

LSU Senior QB Joe Burrow completed 25-of-34 passes for 398 yards and six touchdowns in a 66-38 blowout of Vanderbilt.

Burrow (6'3/212) continued his incredible start to the 2019 season with a school-record six touchdown passes against the Commodores. LSU's 66 point showing is the most points they have ever scored against a SEC opponent. Burrow also became the first LSU QB to ever throw for 350 yards or more in three straight games. The accolades continue to accrue for Burrow who has thrust himself right into the thick of the Heisman race with his early season play. LSU is on bye next week before hosting Utah State the following Saturday.

Sep 21, 2019, 6:57 PM ET

Georgia junior QB Jake Fromm completed 20-of-26 passes for 187 yards and a touchdown in a 23-17 win over Notre Dame on Saturday.

Fromm completed 11-of-12 passes in the first half, but it went for just 59 yards, as the short-yardage passes did nothing to fool the super swift Fighting Irish defense. Then, in the second half, Fromm (6'2/220) was able to get to work -- particularly on his targets to Lawrence Cager -- and the two connected on a 15-yard pass where Cager just got his foot in to give the Bulldogs a 20-10 lead in the fourth. Fromm also didn't make silly mistakes while Ian Book did, and it's why Georgia is 4-0. They likely move to 5-0 with a game against Tennessee next Saturday.

Sep 21, 2019, 11:46 PM ET

Alabama junior QB Tua Tagovailoa is now the only QB in the FBS with at least 15 passing touchdowns without a single interception.

According to CFB Stats, Tagovailoa (6'1/218) remains the nation's best passer with respect to TD-INT ratio. His 17 passing touchdowns are tied with LSU's Joe Burrow for second in the country, while he has still yet to throw an interception. Granted, the best team Alabama has seen this season is South Carolina, but it's hard to not throw even one interception on 112 attempts. Furthermore, only two other players even have 10 passing touchdowns without an interception (Oregon's Justin Herbert; Ohio State's Justin Fields). Tagovailoa should be able to keep the streak alive against Ole Miss next week.

SOURCE: CFB Stats

Sep 22, 2019, 11:38 AM ET

Liberty senior WR Antonio Gandy-Golden has assumed the FBS lead in receiving yards with 544 yards through four games.

Gandy-Golden (6'4/220) isn't barely hanging onto the lead either. At 544 yards, Gandy-Golden has a 60-yard lead on Wake Forest WR Sage Surratt in second place. 60 yards over a four game sample is a solid lead worth about 15 yards per game. Gandy-Golden's "worst" game this year still produced 70 yards, while he has cleared 110 yards in all three of his other games. Being that he is at a smaller FBS school in Liberty, Gandy-Golden's numbers aren't quite as impressive as if he were in the Power 5, but it is still an incredible feat to be the only player above 500 yards through four games. Gandy-Godlen should be able to extend his lead next week against a New Mexico program than gave up 52 points on Saturday.

SOURCE: Damien Sordelett on Twitter

Sep 22, 2019, 10:47 AM ET

Georgia junior QB Jake Fromm earned his fourth career win versus an AP top-10 opponent by taking down Notre Dame on Saturday.

Fact courtesy of The Athletic's Jason Starrett, Fromm is now in elite territory. His four wins against top-10 opponents is the most by any QB in Georgia history, a group that includes Quincy Carter, Matthew Stafford, and Aaron Murray in the past two decades. Fromm (6'2/220) is not the flashiest QB in the country, but he has consistently gotten the job done for Georgia and is again positioning the Bulldogs for a CFP run. Georgia have a bye this week before taking on Tennessee on Oct. 5.

SOURCE: Jason Starrett on Twitter

Sep 22, 2019, 10:21 AM ET

Kylin Hill is a name to watch. He just finished torching Kentucky. Today was my first time. Seeing him but he looks good.

Memo to self: Put Kylin Hill on the Big Board to watch.

:blackdot:

Tex

NFL Beat Writers @32BeatWriters

Kylin Hill is going to be the guy you “hope falls to you at 1.10” in your 2020 rookie draft

Feeding '8': Mississippi State running back Kylin Hill is on pace for historic season

STARKVILLE – Mississippi State might need to increase its football spending budget. 

After junior running back Kylin Hill topped 100 rushing yards for the fourth-straight game in MSU's 28-13 win over Kentucky on Saturday, head coach Joe Moorhead pitched an idea to make sure Hill stays healthy the rest of the year.

"We're going to put him in a hyperbaric chamber, or whatever that's called," Moorhead said. 

According to the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, hyperbaric oxygen therapy is "a type of treatment used to speed up healing of carbon monoxide poisoning, gangrene, stubborn wounds, and infections in which tissues are starved for oxygen." 

"The goal is to fill the blood with enough oxygen to repair tissues and restore normal body function," the school's website says. 

Hill doesn't have a life-threatening complication like the ones listed above, and his body is functioning normally. He showed that when he leaped from the 4-yard line at Davis Wade Stadium and soared over the corner of the end zone for a 12-yard touchdown rush, his first of three on the day. 

Hill evoked freshman quarterback Garrett Shrader on the play. He infamously leaped from 5 yards away from the line to gain in last week's loss to Kansas State. He came up 1 yard short of the sticks. Hill cleared the pylon rather easily. 

"I did a little better than Garrett," Hill said with a smile. 

Moorhead's comment about the expensive treatment option wasn't serious, obviously. Plus, Hill said his body is holding up nicely. He's not dinged up like he was at times last season. He credits that to MSU's strength and conditioning staff. 

"They do an incredible job with each player on our team," Hill said. "So right now, I feel real good." 

Moorhead's hyperbaric hyperbole was an ode to just how important Hill has been in Mississippi State's first month of the season. He ranks third in the country in rushing yards with 551. The next closest SEC tailback is Auburn's JaTarvious Whitlow with 408. 

Hill became the first Bulldog to start the season with four 100-yard rushing games in a row in nearly 30 years. He's the first player in the program to exceed the century mark in rushing in any stretch of four consecutive games since Anthony Dixon did so in 2009. 

Hill's usage has almost tripled since last year. Through four games last season, Hill only had 36 carries. Now he has 91. Hill said those numbers don't matter. He's more concerned with the number three – Mississippi State's win total. 

"It can be eight carries, 20, 30 or 40," Hill said. "Whatever I got to do to get the win, I'm just going to do my job and not worry about the carries." 

What Hill probably won't admit is that the amount of touches he gets directly impacts Mississippi State's chances of winning. 

Senior quarterback Tommy Stevens missed Saturday's game with his shoulder injury. Shrader was more than serviceable in his place, but Moorhead's game plan was apparent once MSU took an 18-point lead into halftime. 

"Keep feeding '8' the ball," he said. 

Shrader only attempted six passes in the second half after firing 16 in the first. Hill, meanwhile, had 12 carries in the first and 14 in the second. He finished with 120 yards, which is his third-highest total of the season. That's how good he's been in the early going. 

"That is a very good football player," Kentucky head coach Mark Stoops said. "Coming out of the game you just have more respect for (him) because you could see that he was very tough, very physical. He ran through some tackles and he was a grown man out there." 

Hill said it starts with Mississippi State's offensive line. When it became obvious Moorhead would rely on the running game to close out the Wildcats, Hill and the big Bulldogs up front came together to get it done. 

"They just told me they're going to push and that they're leaning on me," Hill said. "I told them, 'It starts with y'all. Just block and I got y'all.' Basically, it was a chemistry thing. We focused in and said we need to finish this game right now." 

That's what they did, with some help from Shrader too. Like Hill channeling his inner Shrader on the end zone leap, Shrader imitated Hill with rushes of 49 and 18 yards on the Dogs' final possession of the game. Hill capped the drive with his third score of the day. 

Moorhead first came to Mississippi State telling former quarterback Nick Fitzgerald to dust off some shelf space for a Heisman Trophy. He had a potential award-winning player sitting elsewhere in the locker room. 

It'll be hard for Hill to even sniff the Heisman with how prolific quarterbacks are in this era, but a Doak Walker Award for the top running back in college football is well within reach if Hill keeps up his current pace. 

Mississippi State hasn't had a player win the prize since its inception in 1990. Hill is in line to break Dixon's program record for must rushing yards in a season (1,391). At Hill's current average of 137.75 yards per game, he'd have 1,663 in a full 12-game schedule if he stays on that exact pace. 

Hill isn't thinking about any of that just yet. He's staying grounded mentally, but don't be surprised if you see him leave the ground to hurdle defenders and fly into end zones throughout the rest of his junior season. 

"I dreamed of moments like this," Hill said. "I want to give a big shout out to my mom. She kept me level-headed through hard times in my freshman year and last year. She told me just kept balling. God's got you." 

“Said Joe Moorhead, “Kylin has a small back’s skills in a big back’s body.”

Asked to compare Hill with other backs he had coached and seen, Moorhead began by saying, “It’s probably not fair to compare him to the last back I coached.”

That would be former Penn State running back Saquon Barkley, who ran for nearly 4,000 yards in three Nittany Lions seasons in Moorhead’s offense, and gained more than 1,300 yards as a New York Giants rookie last season.

Well, let the comparisons begin. I’ll start. Barkley is listed 15-20 pounds bigger than Hill’s 215 pounds, but both run hard and fast, and both can catch the ball out of the backfield. Both have scat-back moves in the open field. And both can push the pile.”

Oh my, my short dreams of him being a sleeper flashed before my eyes!

Tex

The Reese's Senior Bowl announced on Twitter that Washington State redshirt senior QB Anthony Gordon is their Senior Offensive Player of the Week.

After throwing nine touchdowns against UCLA on Saturday, Gordon was a lock for this week's Senior Bowl honors. Gordon (6'3/210) was not on anyone's NFL Draft radar heading into the year, but after earning this week's award, it's clear that the Senior Bowl is interested in Gordon. That doesn't mean he is sure to attend the event, but it looks like he will be in the mix. Gordon has completed 137-of-183 passes for 1,894 yards, 21 touchdowns and four interceptions. If selected to the Senior Bowl, Gordon would be the third consecutive Washington State QB to attend the event, following Luke Falk and Gardner Minshew.

SOURCE: Reese's Senior Bowl on Twitter

Sep 23, 2019, 8:01 PM ET

TCU senior RB Darius Anderson was named to PFF College's All Big-12 team for his performance in a 41-38 loss to SMU last Saturday.

Anderson (5'11/212) has run wild the past two weeks tallying 35 carries, 340 yards and 4 touchdowns to go with 4 receptions for 45 yards. Anderson is averaging a gaudy 9.7 YPC in that time frame as the senior running back is making the most of his final college season. TCU welcomes perennial Pac-12 slump-buster Kansas to Fort Worth this weekend as they try to bounce back from last week's tough loss to SMU.

SOURCE: PFF College on Twitter

Sep 24, 2019, 12:02 AM ET

Rivals' Mike Farrell believes that Texas junior QB Sam Ehlinger "can put himself at the forefront of the Heisman discussion if Texas wins (against Oklahoma)."

Ehlinger (6'3/230) is coming off a sharp, 281-yard passing, four-touchdown performance against Oklahoma State on Saturday (he chipped in with 70 yards rushing to boot). The dual-threat junior is currently completing over 72% of his passes and owns a 15/1 TD/INT ratio in four games. He has rushed for 191 yards and a score. Ehlinger currently owns 33/1 Heisman odds. He'll be off on bye this coming weekend, with West Virginia showing next on the schedule for Week 6. OU follows the week after. That contest will be a big one for both Ehlinger and Jalen Hurts as they look to pad their award resumes.

SOURCE: Rivals

Sep 24, 2019, 3:32 PM ET

Pete Thamel of Yahoo Sports is less certain that Alabama junior QB Tua Tagovailoa will be the "surefire" No.1 pick after speaking with a handful of current and former NFL executives.

Make no mistake, Thamel is not making the case against Tagovailoa (6'1/218) being drafted first overall. Rather, Thamel provided insight from a number of current and former front office executives to suggest that Oregon QB Justin Herbert may also be in the running to be the first overall pick. All the talk of the Miami Dolphins' tank job has been about their quest for Tagovailoa, but with the draft seventh months away and plenty of ball left to be played, it is no certainty that Tagovailoa will be the first player off the board in late April.

SOURCE: Yahoo Sports

Sep 25, 2019, 7:34 PM ET

Washington State redshirt senior WR Easop Winston earned a 145.8 passer rating when targeted in last week's game against UCLA, according to Pro Football Focus.

Pro Football Focus use the NFL passer rating scale of which 158.3 marks a "perfect" rating. Winston's 145.8 rating versus the Bruins secondary came close to perfection as he led the way for Washington State's passing offense in a 67-63 shootout. His heroic effort was not enough to propel the Cougars to a win, but every defense on Washington State's schedule should be scared that Winston can put up similar numbers against them. Winston (6'0/192) currently leads the nation with eight receiving touchdowns.

SOURCE: PFF College on Twitter

Sep 25, 2019, 6:36 PM ET

ESPN's Mel Kiper Jr. ranked Washington redshirt junior QB Jacob Eason as the No. 25 draft-eligible prospect on his latest Big Board.

Eason (6'6/227) is a new entrant on Kiper's 25-man board and the fourth quarterback to join the fray, along with Tua Tagovailoa (No. 2), Justin Herbert (No. 6) and Jake Fromm (No. 24). The strong-armed signal-caller has thrown for 1,063 yards (73.1% completions) with a 10/2 TD/INT ratio in four games this season. His decision-making has not always been perfect, but he has shown significant across-the-board improvements in comparison to his relatively forgettable work as a freshman with Georgia in 2016.

SOURCE: ESPN Insider

Sep 25, 2019, 3:30 PM ET

The Athletic's Dane Brugler singled out Towson redshirt senior QB Tom Flacco, younger brother of NFL QB Joe Flacco, as the premier non-FBS prospect to watch this weekend.

Flacco has a daunting task ahead of him as he prepares to face Florida's defense, but this is a great chance to prove himself worthy of NFL attention. At 6-foot-1 and 201-pounds, much shorter than his older brother, Flacco is among the FCS' elite passers. He has racked up eight touchdowns in steering Towson to a 3-1 record through four games. Flacco should not be expected to pull out a miracle and upset Florida, but if he can handle the pressure of DC Todd Grantham's fierce front and avoid brutal interceptions, that may be enough to impress NFL scouts.

SOURCE: The Athletic

Sep 26, 2019, 2:37 PM ET

Dane Brugler of The Athletic picked out Washington redshirt junior QB Jacob Eason as one of the key NFL Draft prospects to keep an eye on this weekend.

Eason's first year being a starting QB since 2016 is off to an exceptional start. Eason (6'6/227), a five-star recruit from Washington who initially went to Georgia before transferring, is a strong-armed passer with the gunslinger mentality to match. As far as "highlight" throws go, there are not many passers in the country who are more impressive than Eason. As Brugler points out, consistency and mental development are critical to Eason's draft stock, but he has the peaks and baseline skill set to be a pro QB.

SOURCE: The Athletic

Sep 26, 2019, 2:17 PM ET

For those that have seen him play a lot, does his game translate to the pros?

I've only been able to see the highlights at this point.
I think so. Best comparison I can think of is Mayfield. Or maybe Stafford but with a less powerful arm. If guys like Dalton can be a starter for several years, then Burrow can certainly be a mid-tier starter.

Users who are viewing this thread