What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[DYNASTY] DL #1 (1 Viewer)

DL #1

• Julius Peppers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Charles Grant

• Patrick Kerney

• Jason Taylor

• Aaron Schobel

• Osi Umenyiora

• Dwight Freeney

• Robert Mathis

• Michael Strahan

• Will Smith

• Other

• Total voters

Tick

Footballguy
Please comment on your vote, and list any player that should be nominated for the next round. If you must assume a scoring system, go with 0.5 points per half-tackle, 3 points per sack / INT / FF / FR.Defensive ends and Defensive tackles are rolled together for this category.Final results:Julius Peppers [ 19 ] [52.78%] Charles Grant [ 1 ] [2.78%] Patrick Kerney [ 1 ] [2.78%] Jason Taylor [ 5 ] [13.89%] Aaron Schobel [ 0 ] [0.00%] Osi Umenyiora [ 5 ] [13.89%] Dwight Freeney [ 3 ] [8.33%] Robert Mathis [ 0 ] [0.00%] Michael Strahan [ 2 ] [5.56%] Will Smith [ 0 ] [0.00%] Other [ 0 ] [0.00%] Julius Peppers.

Last edited by a moderator:
While they may not be the top scorers, no DE changes a game more than Peppers, Freeney and Strahan - and Strahan is too old in dynasty.Add the occasional use of Peppers in the offense, and it's easy.

While they may not be the top scorers, no DE changes a game more than Peppers, Freeney and Strahan - and Strahan is too old in dynasty.

Add the occasional use of Peppers in the offense, and it's easy.
I also voted for Peppers, but this season he's been pretty mediocre - 68 points so far, compared to 128 for Taylor, 104 from Umenyiora, 102 from Mathis, 101 from Strahan, 98 from Schobel. That's a huge dropoff.

While they may not be the top scorers, no DE changes a game more than Peppers, Freeney and Strahan - and Strahan is too old in dynasty.

I also voted for Peppers, but this season he's been pretty mediocre - 68 points so far, compared to 128 for Taylor, 104 from Umenyiora, 102 from Mathis, 101 from Strahan, 98 from Schobel. That's a huge dropoff.
Understood, but I'll still take the most talented DEs ahead of this year's performers.

Understood, but I'll still take the most talented DEs ahead of this year's performers.
Not quite sure how this is justified. Jason Taylor has had consistantly better seasons the last five years in tackles, sacks (lowest being 9.5) and passes defensed. Sure the guy is 31 but the way he's playing, I'm not sure that 5 years down the road Peppers will be able to beat this guy out fantasy-wise. Simply put, Julius needs to show some consistant improvement before he can elevate to the top spot. However, with Taylor, injuries are a concern such as this year- but even with the games missed, he's having a monster season by any regards.Taylor.

I think Charles Grant has been bothered by his toe injury all year. Maybe it is starting to get better because he had a monster game this past week. With Darren Howard gone next year I think Grant goes back to the top for DL. With that said it is easy to make a case for Peppers as number 1 as well.

Users who are viewing this thread