What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty IDP values vs. offense or draft picks? (1 Viewer)

Tick

Footballguy
Does anyone know of a free chart or calculator to compare IDP player values with draft picks or offensive players? I know there are a lot of variables, but it seems like there should be a simple Zealots-like setup comparison chart out there.  

I know DynastyTradeCalculator.com has a mixed calculator for a fairly small fee - does anyone use it? How’s the quality?

I have never seen anything like that.  I guess for a Zealots style would be about the most useful because there are so many leagues following those parameters.  Every one of my other leagues are so vastly different in scoring that most comps would be so drastically different they wouldn't be of much value.  

I know DynastyTradeCalculator.com has a mixed calculator for a fairly small fee - does anyone use it? How’s the quality?
I use it. If you have your own rankings, then it's pretty good. In other words, let me use an example. Foyesade Oluokun is rated at about a value of 3. Roquan Smith is about a value of 17, and the other top ten linebackers are in the 10-17 range. So you have to pretty much have a good idea of where a guy falls within your own rankings, compare him to the range of players wherein you believe he falls, and that is how you come up with the proper values for all the players out there. 

I personally don't really love DTC, but IDPGuys is coming out with the new values by Sunday, hopefully, if my Twitter feed is right. Maybe contest-winning Tick can post his thoughts about what he gleans from there as to its efficacy? ;)

Good job, Tick.

To be fair, I only won one week.  I got something like 4th or 5th overall (chose Mahomes over Brady in the SB).

But yeah, I've only ever subscribed to them for a month once before, so it'll be interesting to see how I like it there.

Thanks for the feedback on DTC... are there any settings selectors for big play vs. tackle heavy vs. balanced, or splitting out CBs and DTs, or edge vs. DE/OLB?

Forgot to reply, so @rockaction

Last edited by a moderator:
To be fair, I only won one week.  I got something like 4th or 5th overall (chose Mahomes over Brady in the SB).

But yeah, I've only ever subscribed to them for a month once before, so it'll be interesting to see how I like it there.

Thanks for the feedback on DTC... are there any settings selectors for big play vs. tackle heavy vs. balanced, or splitting out CBs and DTs, or edge vs. DE/OLB?

Forgot to reply, so @rockaction
No, there are no splits like that. As a matter of fact, IDP Guys is doing their rankings, they suggest, by way of statistical proof, to meet all normal scoring parameters. I do not know how they're breaking it down  -- either by tackle vs. big play or CBs and DTs broken out rather than included. I think their modelling, according to them, suggests that it doesn't really matter what your scoring is and whether you separate those two categories -- you'll get the true studs from their rankings.

That's their claim on Twitter, and it comes with no endorsement from me. I couldn't tell an elbow from a knee when it comes to this stuff. I can't really provide a link because my Twitter feed is something else and they made that claim about a week or so ago. But yeah, that's their goal. I hope I'm not misrepresenting them. They said to expect rankings likely by Sunday.

IDPGuys,org staffers have been posting for a couple weeks that they're adding more customization to it. More slides and switches, I reckon. I subscribe to DTC but don't currently use the IDP piece. Hopefully, that changes.

How about something like a value chart for superflex IDP startup picks?

I did some fiddling around with a few dynasty calculators to see what I could come up with minus the IDPs.  I started with the calculators from Tagliere, Hindery, DynastyProcess, KeepTradeCut, and some chart I found on Reddit.  Here's what I should expect to get for a 1.06 startup pick in each, targeting two picks in the top 6 rounds:

Tagliere: 1.06 is 74, I can get 5.12 (37) and 6.01 (36).

Hindery: 1.06 is 48, I can get 5.01 (27) and 6.12 (21).

DynastyProcess: 1.06 is 8783, there isn't a great pair to match up, but 3.10 + 4.03 is 9043 the closest snake pair... it would be more like 4.02 + 4.03 by value.

KTC: 1.06 is 8902, this one's drastic - you can't get 2 picks in the top 6 rounds, it's something like 8.07 + 8.11.

Reddit chart: 1.06 is 241, I can get 3.12 (124) + 4.01 (122).

That's quite a range!  If it were the KTC, I'd never trade down.  If I can get DynastyProcess or Reddit, I'd make the trade if I could.

What SF startup pick would it take to get a 2022 first round pick?  If I call that 1.06, it would take:

Tagliere: Doesn't list any percentage to decrease future picks, so I'd say around pick 6.11.

Hindery: No decrease value listed, so I have to go with 5.01.

DynastyProcess: 7.04

KTC: 6.08

Reddit: No rookie picks listed.

So these match up a lot better... around the end of the 6th round to get a 2022 1st.

I picked up the 3-day trial of Analytics of Dynasty, and there's a lot of good info there... no IDP, but everyone should take the opportunity to check it out.

Reviving this to see if anything has changed. I know IDP tend NOT to be included in calculators, free or paid. Any change on that front?

Also wondering if FBG subscription includes a viable trade calculator (for offensive players in general, assuming still no real IDP inclusion). I tend to use the $10 deposit to [insert random "FF" gambling startup here] each year to get a sub to DLF since that seems to be the most popular trade analyzer. If comparable, I'd prefer to throw my $ in the direction of FBG.

Users who are viewing this thread