What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Leagues: what do you use to cause player turnover? Salary Cap (1 Viewer)

Black

Footballguy
I am working on rules for a new Dynasty league, currently working with a Salary Cap and Contract Years.

What do you use to cause player turnover in Dynasty Leagues? Salary Cap? Contract Years? Roster Max?

I can't say I'm a fan of Salary caps or Contract years. Seems to make trading a lot harder, just to get all the numbers right.

I'm trying to get my league to bite off on a "better your team is, the more players you need to drop" rule.

It really only takes a couple of weeks of not hitting waivers hard and a team might not be able to compete for a couple years...

We use a simple performance/salary cap. Salary is based on the previous year's total points scored. Each team gets 20 units to keep players with plus a franchise tag that does not count against the cap.

Rosters are 20 + 1 IR during the season, 25 after the rookie f/a draft until kickoff week 1.

I can't say I'm a fan of Salary caps or Contract years. Seems to make trading a lot harder, just to get all the numbers right. I'm trying to get my league to bite off on a "better your team is, the more players you need to drop" rule. It really only takes a couple of weeks of not hitting waivers hard and a team might not be able to compete for a couple years...
why would you want to penalize the better teams? let the rookie draft take care of that.

I can't say I'm a fan of Salary caps or Contract years. Seems to make trading a lot harder, just to get all the numbers right. I'm trying to get my league to bite off on a "better your team is, the more players you need to drop" rule. It really only takes a couple of weeks of not hitting waivers hard and a team might not be able to compete for a couple years...
why would you want to penalize the better teams? let the rookie draft take care of that.
Rookie draft class is very hit or miss. Those who drafted McFadden and Mendenhall last year are probably right back in the front of the draft again. Considering how "bad" this draft class is thought to be, these same teams again could be looking at early picks.

I can't say I'm a fan of Salary caps or Contract years. Seems to make trading a lot harder, just to get all the numbers right.

I'm trying to get my league to bite off on a "better your team is, the more players you need to drop" rule.

It really only takes a couple of weeks of not hitting waivers hard and a team might not be able to compete for a couple years...
Rookie draft class is very hit or miss. Those who drafted McFadden and Mendenhall last year are probably right back in the front of the draft again. Considering how "bad" this draft class is thought to be, these same teams again could be looking at early picks.
:kicksrock: it looks pretty good IMO. Best to have good active owners if you want an active league.

we can only sign players for 3 seasons and then 1 time resign for 3 more. Salaries also go up 10% every season. With salaries going up 10% but cap only going up 5%, most teams will be cutting some players each season.

The league I commish just uses a small roster. Start 9, roster 18. Drop 5 pre-draft, then draft back up to 18 with a rookie/FA draft. Drop requirements are you must keep at least 1 per position so you don't just have everyone dumping all the K's and Def's. Notable FA's are in the Chester Taylor/Bernard Berrian/LJ Smith mold. I got lucky and was able to pick up Aaron Rodgers in the draft last year.

I like how our league works, it's not overly complicated with salary caps and contract limitations.

Users who are viewing this thread