What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

dynasty QB ? (1 Viewer)

Old geezer

Footballguy
I'm in a 12 team dynasty league with IDP. I have Jalen Hurts but don't have anyone behind him (Ridder and Browning). I have the 1.8 pick and want to know should I consider drafting Williams or Daniels. There are a few ?teams in the same situation as I am and QBs could be gone by my 2.8 pick. Trying to trade Browning to the Burrow owner and move up to the 2.5 slot. What do you say?

Thanks

Also consider trading for Pickett so you can at least lock up Philly in case Jalen gets injured.

In a 12 team non-superflex and have an unquestioned starter for a few years I'd grab the best available. Can always trade later if a need arises.

Draft the BPA available. That could be a QB at 1.08 Seems like Caleb is going in that general area in 1QB leagues but it really boils down to your rankings and big board. Rack and stack all the rookies and take the top guy on your board when it's your turn. If it's Caleb then do it. The point of a rookie draft is to find multi year starters. It's a crapshoot. Don't take an inferior player because you want to take a position of need. You minimize your chances of finding that multi year starter if you take lesser talents.

Draft the BPA available. That could be a QB at 1.08 Seems like Caleb is going in that general area in 1QB leagues but it really boils down to your rankings and big board. Rack and stack all the rookies and take the top guy on your board when it's your turn. If it's Caleb then do it. The point of a rookie draft is to find multi year starters. It's a crapshoot. Don't take an inferior player because you want to take a position of need. You minimize your chances of finding that multi year starter if you take lesser talents.
I'm with Gally here, draft BPA. In a 1 QB league Caleb starts to get into that equation. It is a balance of what can that player bring immediately but also what type of value does that player have down the road? Caleb is going into a very unique situation in that the team is better than most drafting at #1 as they have 3 great WR weapons, a solid TE and good RBs. This team is set to win now, unlike most at the top of the draft board.

You know your league and what is valued. But at 1.08 I would definitely consider Caleb if hes there. He has a chance to be a 10+ year starter and just at that he will always have value. He's a guy lots of people are on board with and you could possibly trade him in the future for a first round + if he does well.

It becomes a bit dicey for me if it is Daniels. He has even more fantasy upside (due to rushing ability) than Caleb but has more risk. If Caleb is gone it comes down to your risk tolerance and what others thing of QBs in this league. Are they hoarded or can you pick up a guy off waivers if you need? If QBs are valued high then he comes into play. If not it might be the best of Worthy/Thomas/McConkey depending who is left.

At this point I would also entertain trading back and eitehr getting a 2025 first (+ something) or maybe a late 2024 first and a 2024 second. Maybe put the pick on the board and see what value you can pick up.

Personally I would like to have both Caleb and Daniels on my team because if they hit they can be difference makers. After that though I don't really have an interest in 1 QB leagues.

Trying to trade Browning to the Burrow owner and move up to the 2.5 slot. What do you say?
If you take Williams @ 1.8 (assuming he's there) then I'm not sure what moving up 3 spots would do. I think if he offers some extra draft capital for Browning then you should do it.

on the other hand

makes it seems like William's probably won't be there @ 1.8 So maybe you take Daniels or Coleman and then take MCcarthy in round 2 either by trading up or see if he falls to you

Since it’s not Superflex I wouldn’t be looking for QB at that spot. Agreed on best play available…

Users who are viewing this thread