What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] Rookie #2 (1 Viewer)

Who's the #2 rookie?

• Jay Cutler

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Matt Leinart

• Laurence Maroney

• LenDale White

• DeAngelo Williams

• Vince Young

• Other

• Total voters

jeter23

Footballguy
Reggie was an easy choice for #1, now who's #2? Should be close.

Last edited by a moderator:
How many people are taking their forecasted drafts into account?

This is probably the toughest part about doing these drafts now, many people will say "if ____ drafts _____, then he becomes the #2 player", while that player may not be the best talent overall.

I'm going on pure talent here, regardless of where I see them being drafted.

This is probably the toughest part about doing these drafts now, many people will say "if ____ drafts _____, then he becomes the #2 player", while that player may not be the best talent overall.

Great point. Hey Jeter, could you ask for those who vote in these polls to just consider talent?

Chances are the majority of people are going with talent or ability to translate their game to the NFL.

I'm going with Lendale White here. I just see him as a workhorse back who would be a chain mover in any offense.

Great point. Hey Jeter, could you ask for those who vote in these polls to just consider talent?
Yeah, this is how I wanted it to be judged, based just on talent. We obviously can't make any judgements based on individual situations yet. Like the other rankings, we could do these again in the spring/summer possibly.

Went with DeAngelo, he's got the best all around skills of the RB's that are left.
I feel the same way...in fact some ppl think he's the best rb in the rookie class not bush

I went with Lendale White. Initially I liked DeAngelo Williams better, but White is the better inside runner, and I have read & heard reports of his hands and outside running ability are not bad. DeAngelo, while being a very talented RB, I have a serious concerns about his ability to run inside. I guess the combines & draft will give us some answers. I guess I see White and Willaims as 2A & 2B until something proves one is better than the other.

If you are talking fantasy football rookie, you cannot just rate on talent alone, but the situation each player is in really influences a fantasy football rookie's value.

Hopefully the draft will clear up who is the #2 RB behind Bush. Otherwise, I will have a very tough decision at 1.02...

Hopefully the draft will clear up who is the #2 RB behind Bush. Otherwise, I will have a very tough decision at 1.02...
Always draft BPA regardless of situation. This makes Williams the obvious choice.

Hopefully the draft will clear up who is the #2 RB behind Bush.  Otherwise, I will have a very tough decision at 1.02...
Always draft BPA regardless of situation. This makes Williams the obvious choice.
I agree with that as far as RBs and QBs, but not WRs. I believe the QB can make or break a WR. That's not the case with RBs.

Hopefully the draft will clear up who is the #2 RB behind Bush.  Otherwise, I will have a very tough decision at 1.02...
I agree with that as far as RBs and QBs, but not WRs. I believe the QB can make or break a WR. That's not the case with RBs.
destination can be a factor with RBs, too... losing teams don't run as often as winning teams...personally, i would jump on maroney in IND in a heartbeat over deangelo in SF...

but perhaps this is personal preference... just like we have to extrapolate prospects... ditto for organizations... will SF have an outstanding OL & be a powerhouse in a few years...

i almost don't want top RBs to go to GB & SF... i worry about effect young QBs will have on run game... defenses stack the line & dare to pass... lot of three & outs... if you are down 28-0 in first quarter carries can be impacted...

BAL i wonder about... ogden is clearly in decline... boller is somewhat of a sketchy QB, but i like this destination better than above two...

i like places like ARI... not a great OL, but could be fixed... fitz & boldin command respect & should open run lanes...

places like MIN, CAR, JAX, IND, SEA & PIT could all be great destinations...

* i seriously doubt williams & white make it past ARI, BAl & MIN... maroney may last to the end of the first round... MIN is said to be enamored with him, but i think they would take williams or white first if one of them falls that far...

some of this will of course depend on which teams sign their own free agents... or pick up one from another team...

some teams may want to wait until the draft & opt for cheaper rout of mid-late first round young RB over older, mega-contract vet... but if teams wait to long, they could lose out... should be interesting to see what happens in first few days of FA with guys like SA & edge...

Last edited by a moderator:
I would agree, except when the talent level is close. IMO it is close in this case. Williams and White will both be good players in this league, but situation could dictate who has the better numbers. I lean towards Williams, but if White went to Baltimore and Lewis is gone or great situation like that, I'm going with White. To ignore this between these two players would be foolish. :2cents:

I disagree. The better talent will most likelly end up on a worse team, and it also depends on the situation they are going into. Right now it seems that Cadilliac is the better choice from the 3 RBs from last year, simply based on that he is the outright feature RB of the bunch. Brown and Benson will be playing with TJ and Ricky for a little while still.

What's Lendale White's blocking and receiving skills like? That may have alot to do with where he lands as well.

I would agree, except when the talent level is close. IMO it is close in this case. Williams and White will both be good players in this league, but situation could dictate who has the better numbers. I lean towards Williams, but if White went to Baltimore and Lewis is gone or great situation like that, I'm going with White. To ignore this between these two players would be foolish. :2cents:
I disagree. The better talent will most likelly end up on a worse team, and it also depends on the situation they are going into. Right now it seems that Cadilliac is the better choice from the 3 RBs from last year, simply based on that he is the outright feature RB of the bunch. Brown and Benson will be playing with TJ and Ricky for a little while still.
You're both thinking short term. In the end, talent will win out. That's how you draft for dynasty.And no matter how much some tout him on this board, White is nowhere near as talented as Williams.

You're both thinking short term. In the end, talent will win out. That's how you draft for dynasty.And no matter how much some tout him on this board, White is nowhere near as talented as Williams.
yes and no. Williams is the better all around talent. no one disputes that. however, all of white's talent is concentrated on one skill - north south running - and that skill translates to fantasy points better than any other skill for an RB. so i think looking at talent alone is only part of the picture - you have to look at how that talent translates to fantasy points.If White lands on a good team, he instantly leapfrogs williams, and i dont even have to think about it. a great north south runner on a winning team is fantasy gold.

yes and no. Williams is the better all around talent. no one disputes that. however, all of white's talent is concentrated on one skill - north south running - and that skill translates to fantasy points better than any other skill for an RB. so i think looking at talent alone is only part of the picture - you have to look at how that talent translates to fantasy points.If White lands on a good team, he instantly leapfrogs williams, and i dont even have to think about it. a great north south runner on a winning team is fantasy gold.
:goodposting: Exactly...

Surprised Maroney isn't getting more love as a very versatile RB with great speed. With that said I voted for WIlliams.

Actualy think White, Williams and Maroney would all be worth pick 1.02. If I had to choose between them I would hve to use where they go as the tie breaker.

:goodposting: Exactly...
ditto...there seems to be little doubt that white's skills should translate extraordinarily well to the NFL... he isn't as accomplished a receiver out of the backfield as williams... but he wasn't asked to be... he appears to be a good enough athlete that there hopefully won't be catastrophic issues if he is asked to catch screens or dump offs 2-3 times a game...

there are some questions about how technically sound white will be as a blocker... but supposedly questions were raised about williams on this score at senior bowl as well...

with williams measuring in smaller than expected (instead of about 5'10" 217... 5'8" 205), is he a westbrook clone (maybe he has a sturdier & thicker lower body & as a result will prove the more powerful & capable inside runner)?

if he IS a westbrook clone... there are clearly some detractors who insist that while westbrook is a phenomenally gifted receiving RB, he may not have what it takes to be a bellcow-type, 20+ carries a game RB (we probably will never learn the answer to that question definitively as reid isn't likely to give that particular idea a chance to be disproved :) )... than by implication, unless i am missing something... the same kind of questions will emerge in the future about williams...

unless there is a clear distinction & differentiation in scouts minds that deangelo is markedly, pronouncedly stronger than westbrook... i'm not sure this is the case, but i have heard some scouts allude to the fact that he is a strong inside runner... but will this skill translate as well from college to pros?

not too many questions about size & power with white... sure he is not as quick footed or agile or elusive... doesn't have the elite, ELECTRIC burst, suddenness & instant acceleration of a williams... but nonetheless, he moves very well for a big man.

Your right but Williams in a starting position will be better than White, especially in a ppr leagues.

i see williams issues with running inside as more of a mental thing than him lacking the physical ability to do it. He just seems to want to bounce everything outside - while this worked in CUSA, i just dont see it translating to the next level.

Users who are viewing this thread