What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] Rookie #7 (1 Viewer)

[Dynasty] Rookie #7

• Brian Calhoun

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jay Cutler

• AJ Hawk

• Santonio Holmes

• Chad Jackson

• Other

• Total voters
If we are looking at IDP types also, then I have to go with Hawk. Hawk has a much higher percentage chance to explode as a starter than any of the other players listed.

I'm still going with Calhoun as I think he brings a lot to the table as a receiver out of the backfield.

I'm still going with Calhoun as I think he brings a lot to the table as a receiver out of the backfield.
My thoughts exactly! Calhoun could be a pleasant suprise come April Draft for some team!

went calhoun, but this is where it gets more difficult.
:yes: totally agreed, and at this point it depends on your league's rules.As far as I'm concerned, the top 6 players are pretty much locked up, with possible variance in the rookie drafts depending on if your league starts 2 QBs, or if White/Maroney hit Indy or Seattle. Not talent mind you, but you can pretty much be assued that they will go higher than D-Will if he heads to a worse situation.

I went with Calhoun here, but in the league where I have the 1.07 rookie pick, I'm set at RB (start 0-2, Portis, RW, R Brown, and depth), so I'm more inclined to go with Holmes or one of the TEs.

But, that is really not the point here. Based on talent, and where they should go in most leagues, Calhoun is the guy.

I went with Santonio Holmes. I think he will be a mid to late first round choice, thus going to a team where he can contribute immediately, whereas I'm not sure Calhoun will enter the league as a starter. From what I've seen of Holmes, he can be a real game changer, capable of the big play and that upside gets him the nod.

This exercise should prove to be very interesting.

Last year before the NFL draft I had JJ Arrington at #19 and Eric Shelton #26, after the draft they moved way up on my list. Guys that move like that maybe don't deserve to be red-flagged but certainly should be questioned.

I'm just not as sold on Calhoun as it appears that everyone else is. :shrug:
Curious as to what would sell you on him at this point?I have to admit I haven't watched him play with a critical eye but he had great production against top competition. He also caught an incredible amount of passes out of the backfield for a Wisconsin RB. Add all this to reports of him being bigger than his listed weight make me feel pretty decent about ranking him here.

I'm just not as sold on Calhoun as it appears that everyone else is. :shrug:
Curious as to what would sell you on him at this point?I have to admit I haven't watched him play with a critical eye but he had great production against top competition. He also caught an incredible amount of passes out of the backfield for a Wisconsin RB. Add all this to reports of him being bigger than his listed weight make me feel pretty decent about ranking him here.
Just didn't see the vision I wanted to out of him. I watched the whole PSU game and I didn't think he looked as good as I had heard coming in. I also watched the UW-UMinn game (nice punt, moron) and I was more impressed with Maroney and Russell by quite a bit in that game. Combine that with my thought that, as a generalization, the Wisconsin o-line hides some RB deficiencies (like vision and running in tight spaces) and you get a "meh" from me. Having said that, I do need to try to study more film of him.

I'd probably look for the top WR, maybe the 3rd QB, or another RB here (Addai?).

Last edited by a moderator:
Calhoun.

(and Addai should be on the next ballot)
:yes: Others awaiting their names:

Dominique Byrd

Maurice Drew

Vernon Davis

Jerome Harrison

Marcedes Lewis

Brandon Marshall

Sinorice Moss

Demetrius Williams

Poll closed:

Brian Calhoun [ 46 ] [54.12%]

Jay Cutler [ 10 ] [11.76%]