What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty rookie draft: 1.05 for Ruggs and 1.09? (1 Viewer)

boonewh098

Footballguy
League: IDP dynasty. All players are kept year to year. Deep rosters (50 + 5 player taxi squad), pretty standard scoring, NO ppr, NOT super flex. 

Just got an offer and I can't make up my mind. Do I give up the 1.05 pick in a Dynasty rookie draft? Was offered the 1.09 pick and Henry Ruggs for the 1.05. Either is a gamble. One team above me has QB issues, so a QB might go off the board way early, but I doubt 2 go. So I'm probably looking at the fourth best non-QB talent, but could be the third or even the fifth. 

On the other hand, LB is a need for my team. I could take a gamble on Ruggs getting his stuff together and take a LB at 1.09 (Parsons or Collins, no doubt). Yes, that is reaching a bit for a LB that early, but it would fill a need with one of the best prospects at LB. 

Thoughts?

This really depends on your opinion of Ruggs vs how deep your first couple tiers of rookies go.  If you have a top 5 and see a drop off then this is likely not worth it.  But if you have a top 3 or 4 and then a big drop off and don't see a difference between the next 6 guys then sure take the chance on Ruggs.  Or if you things Ruggs is going to take a big step forward and you don't have a top 5 tier that it seems like you should do it.

Personally, I stay at 5.  I don't have confidence in Ruggs and I like the first 5 (Harris, Williams, Chase, Pitts, ETN - not in any order) much more than what comes next.

I think I would stay at the 1.5. I believe as well there is a tier break after the top 4-5. 

There could be a possibility to reoffer the trade back if the draft comes and you don't like who's there at 5 during the draft. Of course, the player they are targeting would still need to be there as well. 

Users who are viewing this thread