What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty - Which of these 3 LB'ers (1 Viewer)

pretender

Footballguy
Of these 3 LB'ers, which would you keep? Who do you think has the better upside potential for this season and beyond? Adelious Thomas, Chaun Thompson or Keith Adams. It's rumored that Adams will get the starting nod in Philly at WLB but with Simoneau still on the roster..... and a talented Matt McCoy breathing behind him yet and Trotter in the middle getting most of the tackles???I've read that Thomas will be playing SLB and DL in Baltimore - so he'll play all three downs but has to share with Cody probably and SLB isn't known for lots of fantasy pts in a 4-3, which brings us to Chaun Thompson - playing ROLB in Cleveland in a 3-4 where most fantasy points come from the inside LB'ers. So for a bye week, injury back-up which LB would you prefer and why? Tackles and sacks both count 2 pts each. I know this probably belongs in AC but all the IDP Sharks hang out here. TIA

I would say not Chaun Thompson. Bad fantasy position and his starting job is far from secure from what I have read ... Thompson, Stewart and Lang will be splitting the meager fantasy points that come from the OLB spots on the Cleveland D ... and they are not done flirting with Boulware I think? Esp where tackles and sacks are even ... go with Adams IMHO.

Last edited by a moderator:
More Opinions ??Eagles | Adams Locking Into Starting JobThu, 16 Jun 2005 21:26:15 -0700--------------------------------------------------------------------------------PhiladelphiaEagles.com reports it's looking more and more like Philadelphia Eagles LB Keith Adams will be the team's starting weakside linebacker this season. "I want to dominate. I want us to dominate as a unit," Adams said. "I love the scheme and it fits my abilities."Ravens | Thomas Will be VersatileTue, 31 May 2005 19:11:40 -0700Adam H. Beasley, of BaltimoreRavens.com, reports Baltimore Ravens LB Adalius Thomas will line up anywhere from outside linebacker to defensive tackle in the team's various defensive packages this season.Ravens | Suggs and Thomas Playing Close to the LineTue, 24 May 2005 19:12:20 -0700Adam H. Beasley, of BaltimoreRavens.com, reports Baltimore Ravens LBs Terrell Suggs and Adalius Thomas will both play close to the line of scrimmage this season, and will regularly switch responsibilities. So I can see a case for keeping Thomas or Adams - Chaun Thompson has physical talent IMO just don't know if he'll play in the position to make him a fantasy force.

I think Adams has decent possibilities this year - he is likely to start, and while he may not play on 3rd down, his special teams play will help make up some of that loss.

I would think AT, but there is a lot of talent to go around on baltimore Adams in Philly is not my pick for all the reasons you list and I have a personal bias against Chaun!! So I guess I would go with Adalius. Also, it looks like Adalius' stats have progressed every year, which is a good sign. Good luck

I would think AT, but there is a lot of talent to go around on baltimore Adams in Philly is not my pick for all the reasons you list and I have a personal bias against Chaun!! So I guess I would go with Adalius. Also, it looks like Adalius' stats have progressed every year, which is a good sign. Good luck
Just beware that the switch to the 46 defense will limit his possibilities as he is tasked to make sure to turn the play to the inside first and foremost.

Thanks for all the advice. I got a trade offer for Thomas - some league money and a 5th round pick so seeing as I had picked him up for next to nothing - I traded him. I still have Adams and Thompson and will decide which to hang on to and which to cut as I find out more this summer from training camp.

Users who are viewing this thread