What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Eric Weddle (1 Viewer)

kerpow

Footballguy
As I'm a returner guy in a tackle light league I rarely keep tabs on safeties. However, I picked up Weddle a couple of weeks back having seen some solid tackling numbers. I finally built up the courage to start him this week and was rewarded with 11 pts, all from solo tackles, which is as much as I can expect from any DB. I know that SD are giving up huge yards to passing but is there a trend here, can he continue these beastly performances? I believe he is leading the league in tackles for a DB.

As I'm a returner guy in a tackle light league I rarely keep tabs on safeties. However, I picked up Weddle a couple of weeks back having seen some solid tackling numbers. I finally built up the courage to start him this week and was rewarded with 11 pts, all from solo tackles, which is as much as I can expect from any DB. I know that SD are giving up huge yards to passing but is there a trend here, can he continue these beastly performances? I believe he is leading the league in tackles for a DB.
Weddle was a guy I picked up in plenty of leagues, that do use rookie contracts, last year.He is an active playmaking safety that will be around the ball plenty in any game - that gives you plenty of upside as well as decent scoring on a regular basis which is all you can look for. Great instincts not the best of measurables can equal great football player and FF player. This may be pushing it a bit but to me he's sort of a DeMeco Ryans type of player (although a safety) and such players I can't get enough of.

I like finally hearing a little about Weddle... I had him all year :shrug: How sweet it is!

Cooper too. Chargers got some IDP options crackin!

Updating a previous report, Mike Sullivan, of the North County Times, reports San Diego Chargers SS Eric Weddle (shoulder) underwent an MRI on his shoulder Monday, Oct. 13. He is expected to play in the team's Week 7 game.

Updating a previous report, Mike Sullivan, of the North County Times, reports San Diego Chargers SS Eric Weddle (shoulder) underwent an MRI on his shoulder Monday, Oct. 13. He is expected to play in the team's Week 7 game.
Weddle played some cornerback in college,so he definitely has cover skills in the middle of the field . He shut down a certain all world, wideout in a college bowl game a few years back, I believe they refer to that wideout as Megatron.

Users who are viewing this thread