What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Eternal Return (1 Viewer)

STEADYMOBBIN 22

Footballguy
Anybody familiar with the concept? - In simple terms- I think the theory is that you live the same life over and over- exactly the same - in every detail.

I’ve read a few different variations of this. Some where the world destroys itself and is “reborn”.

Is there a similar theory where history repeats itself - albeit it slightly differently over and over?

I can’t help but feel like we’re just reliving the late 60s. Same issues, same problems, eerily similar.

God I hope not, this life sucks azz. Although getting to drink beer again and again and again for eternity does have it's appeal.

This is one of those ideas that could probably (I haven't tried to work it out) be seen as an offshoot of the B-theory of time. If I understand this correctly, I'm still living each and every moment of the past and future just as much as I'm living the current moment. I could see how you get to "you live the same life over and over" from there.

Kinda like the thinking that there is no time. Everything is happening at all points all the time. Everything has already happened, past, present and future.

Users who are viewing this thread