What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"Expert Network" Companies like Guidepoint, GLG, Dialectica (1 Viewer)

Buck Bradcanon

Footballguy
I am confident that people in this forum have experience and can offer insight/advice as to yes/no.

The gig is as follows:

Sign up as an SME based on your career/industry knowledge. Get matched with investors or other groups of people looking for an overview of the subject you are an expert in. Get paid $200-$400 per hour for a consulting type call on a subject you are presumably knowledgeable in.

Concerns would be violating something with my existing employer in terms of sharing data/proprietary info or using company time/resources to get ready for or execute the call. Ie does my current employer allow this? Not worth it if not.

I have never signed up but have been cold called (emailed) a few times based on my LinkedIn profile and was considering trying it.

Talk to me FBGs.

I'm on the GLG network. I've done a few of their surveys and I think I've done one more in-depth interview type of thing with a company looking for feedback on a topic. There are some hoops to jump through but it seems fairly worthwhile if you're in an industry that's looking for folks to weigh in on topics regularly.

Just recently signed up with GLG after getting harrassed for a week about talking to a client about a former CEO I worked for. By the time I registered it was closed.

Haven't had any others since, but that may have to do with how I answered the questions when I signed up. There is a lot I work on that I am not liberty to discuss.

Users who are viewing this thread