What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fair trade value for Julio? (1 Viewer)

pkroper22

Footballguy
Currently play in an 8-team, PPR, IDP dynasty league.  I am looking to move Julio.  He's getting a little older and the foot injuries I see becoming more of a problem in the coming years.  I feel I have other WR's to take his place (as well as a strong RB group) and I could get good future value by moving him now.  We have to start 1 RB and 1 WR with 3 Flex spots.  No TE requirement.  Just trying to gauge what would be a fair asking price for him?  Never been good with coming up with trade offers.  Not really interested in whether I should move him or not, just what I should expect in return if I were to move him.

QB's:  Ben, Carson, Wentz

RB's:  Elliot, McCoy, Howard, Murray, Sims, Richard, Booker, Kelley

WR's: Julio, TY, Diggs, J. Brown, M. Bryant, Watkins, Landry, Gabriel, Tyreek, Wright

TE: Reed

Definitely need DL and LB help, but can address that in the draft.

Thanks for all help and opinions provided.

In a league that small with short lineups and benches, I think it makes super studs like Julio way more valuable.  If you want to trade him, I wouldn't be doing it for anything less than a 1 for 1 comparable player (Bell, David Johnson, Gronk, etc.).

Given your team, why do you want to deal Julio?  You have a nice team, stacked 4 deep at RB, and you have deep WRs and a top TE.  I don't play in 8 team leagues, but I have to think you are a serious contender with that team.

If you are going to deal Julio, I would need to get OBJ, Evans, A Brown, DJ or Bell in return.

I think in a 8 team league your WRs should be better. I'd definitely be keeping Julio unless you're getting Brown, Evans or OBJ back

Since you've already decided to trade Julio, I'd do it for Aaron Rodgers and some picks.  Your QBs are just ok, and Rodgers has the highest chance of staying in the top 3 for a while (Brees and Brady getting old) and he's a big upgrade over your current QBs.  In an 8-team league, studs are more valuable since depth is useless.  You have a lot of home run possibilities at RB, and WR, but not at QB (except when Big Ben is at home).

I will actually go against the grain here a bit in the valuation of small leagues vs large leagues and studs.  In smaller leagues, every team is stacked.  Studs lose their value a bit because there are no weak spots in your lineup.  Studs cannot win you a game by themselves.  In larger leagues, studs are the difference makers because they can win you a game all by themselves because the other starters are lower level guys that very well could put up goose eggs.

Now based on your roster you need QB and WR help for an 8 team league.  I would second the idea that going after Rodgers and a couple WR2's would be the target for me.  Get a set it and forget it QB and some WR depth and you would be in nice shape.  I wouldn't rule out trying to get some LB or DL help too if you can get them thrown in since  you have stated you need help there as well.

Personally I wouldn't really trade Julio because you can play him as your only WR with the RB's you have and you should be able to improve QB with other means. 

If I'm trading Julio, it's only for Rodgers + a WR in the Amari Cooper / Brandin Cooks range.  Your league setup is tailor made for your team though...only have to start 1 WR and you can use lots of RBs.  I'd rather see you keep Julio (he's not old) and flip TY + Ben for Rodgers

Another poster above said that in 8 team shallow leagues, studs wont win you a week since everyone has them.  And thats very true. But its also hard to get maximum value out of your team because you have so many good RB2 and WR2 type players, it's hard to set the best lineup every week.  It's much easier to set a lineup in a 12 team league and feel confident about it.  Something to be said for trading depth for studs in a shallow league...

Last edited by a moderator:
If I'm trading Julio, it's only for Rodgers + a WR in the Amari Cooper / Brandin Cooks range.  Your league setup is tailor made for your team though...only have to start 1 WR and you can use lots of RBs.  I'd rather see you keep Julio (he's not old) and flip TY + Ben for Rodgers

Another poster above said that in 8 team shallow leagues, studs wont win you a week since everyone has them.  And thats very true. But its also hard to get maximum value out of your team because you have so many good RB2 and WR2 type players, it's hard to set the best lineup every week.  It's much easier to set a lineup in a 12 team league and feel confident about it.  Something to be said for trading depth for studs in a shallow league...
I can't see anyone giving up Rodgers AND Cooper for Julio.  I wouldn't.

I like your idea of trading Ben and TY for Rodgers.  Not sure if the other owner will bite, but that is a pretty good opening offer for Rodgers.

I will actually go against the grain here a bit in the valuation of small leagues vs large leagues and studs.  In smaller leagues, every team is stacked.  Studs lose their value a bit because there are no weak spots in your lineup.  Studs cannot win you a game by themselves.  In larger leagues, studs are the difference makers because they can win you a game all by themselves because the other starters are lower level guys that very well could put up goose eggs.
I actually think the opposite of this. Studs are way more important in smaller leagues, because decent players are basically always available on waivers. Only studs matter. In larger leagues, its a lot harder to fill those spots, so mediocre players gain value simply because they aren't gonna goose egg. 

I also think moving Julio is a mistake.

travdogg said:
I actually think the opposite of this. Studs are way more important in smaller leagues, because decent players are basically always available on waivers. Only studs matter. In larger leagues, its a lot harder to fill those spots, so mediocre players gain value simply because they aren't gonna goose egg. 

I also think moving Julio is a mistake.
In smaller leagues it is more important to really hit on your lineup decisions.  Everyone has good players so the owners that make the correct lineup decisions win.  Studs help but they also have bad games.  When you play them every week you will get hurt by their bad games.  When you have good to great players throughout your roster in smaller leagues making the proper lineup decisions are the most important thing.

While in larger leagues studs have a lot more importance because they can score enough to win a game all on their own because there are so many non impactful players.

Don't get me wrong having studs is good no matter the league size but I think they have much more value in larger leagues because you can make up for not having them in smaller leagues with good lineup decisions with more talent available to choose from.

Users who are viewing this thread