What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fanduel Week 9 (1 Viewer)

With a couple late injury reports a few bargains seem to have developed. Sproles being hurt affects a lot: I'm trying to fit graham into all my lineups now; PT seems like just as solid a play as Jennings now at an even cheaper 5200, Lance Moore should also get a bump, but at 6000 he still doesn't seem worth it to me. I can only see Colston getting a small bump, but even that might be enough to put him in WR1 range and a solid play at 6900...

Redman at 5300 is worth consideration, but I think I'd rather have PT

'Red Herring said:
With a couple late injury reports a few bargains seem to have developed. Sproles being hurt affects a lot: I'm trying to fit graham into all my lineups now; PT seems like just as solid a play as Jennings now at an even cheaper 5200, Lance Moore should also get a bump, but at 6000 he still doesn't seem worth it to me. I can only see Colston getting a small bump, but even that might be enough to put him in WR1 range and a solid play at 6900...Redman at 5300 is worth consideration, but I think I'd rather have PT
Liking PT as well. Thinking of putting a bunch of eggs in the Saints/Eagles & rooting for a good ole' Monday night showdown! :football:

Last edited by a moderator:
'eaglezzz said:
'orrdc said:
I love this week, I have 2 lineups I really liked, I am in about 50 leagues (about 20 H2H, 20 9 man and the rest shots at the big ones)I will either go down in flames this week or ride high. I'd like to do NBA, but I know nothing about NBA really. I know this is a fb board but does anyone happen to have a good NBA fantasy site for daily matchups they trust? I'd be happy to share some FF insight if anyone would wanna help me in NBA
I know little about NBA as well but I like my daily fix so I just read what others are saying. Best sites for infohttp://rotogrinders.com/ -- Best site for any daily sports news, cost nothing to sign up and become a member eitherhttp://blog.dailyjoust.com/ -- Always give advice on what guys to starthttp://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nba/basketball-player-news -- Like to check this out for injuries and who is in starting roleshttp://www.rotoworld.com/teams/depth-charts/nba.aspx -- Good for checking out depth charts
Thanks Eagle, appreciate it!

'Red Herring said:
With a couple late injury reports a few bargains seem to have developed. Sproles being hurt affects a lot: I'm trying to fit graham into all my lineups now; PT seems like just as solid a play as Jennings now at an even cheaper 5200, Lance Moore should also get a bump, but at 6000 he still doesn't seem worth it to me. I can only see Colston getting a small bump, but even that might be enough to put him in WR1 range and a solid play at 6900...Redman at 5300 is worth consideration, but I think I'd rather have PT
Liking PT as well. Thinking of putting a bunch of eggs in the Saints/Eagles & rooting for a good ole' Monday night showdown! :football:
Not a bad idea, actually... Saints vs Anyone has worked out well almost every week. Trying to decide if some primetime games would work out well for that, or if everyone would have mostly NO/PHI players anyway...eta: just noticed I'm in some 1pm 50/50's with ya. gllll GB :thumbup:

'Red Herring said:
Not a bad idea, actually... Saints vs Anyone has worked out well almost every week. Trying to decide if some primetime games would work out well for that, or if everyone would have mostly NO/PHI players anyway...eta: just noticed I'm in some 1pm 50/50's with ya. gllll GB :thumbup:
Back at ya. :hifive:

All the people that joined Thursday night leagues and have Sproules in the line-up are screwed. Another example of the risk you take joining the Thursday - Monday leagues.

All the people that joined Thursday night leagues and have Sproules in the line-up are screwed. Another example of the risk you take joining the Thursday - Monday leagues.
Or the benefit you get by not starting him. I guess Sproles was a bit out of the blue with the injury but if you just stay away from injured guys, you might miss a few questionable guys who go off but you'll always have someone starting. I enjoy the Thursday games by taking advantage of folks who either load up on Thursday night guys or lose injured players.

Should be an easy "over" in the Saints/Eagles game just like Saints/Broncos..........lol

Books just clean up on these kids.

All action on the over and line dropping.

Desean Jackson looks cheap, how bad is his injury?

He'll play.

I don't like too many match ups this week. Not sure why.

Best part on Fan Duel is everyone is basically a follower, they all load up on Felix Jones and he ####s the bed for them all. lol

Nothing better than seeing that loser Brees do crap on SNF. Sucks he had to get that late garbage TD. He's such an annoying loser he really wants those garbage stats.

Ok, here's my lienup. Tell me what you think I should change.

Salary remaining:

$200

QB

Jay Cutler

CHI@TEN

$6,500

RB

Arian Foster

BUF@HOU

$9,300

RB

Matt Forte

CHI@TEN

$7,400

WR

Calvin Johnson

DET@JAC

$7,900

WR

Brandon Marshall

CHI@TEN

$7,000

WR

Steve Smith

CAR@WAS

$6,500

TE

Greg Olsen

CAR@WAS

$5,200

K

Garrett Hartley

PHI@NO

$5,000

D

Detroit Lions

DET@JAC

$5,000

Go

Ok, here's my lienup. Tell me what you think I should change.Salary remaining:$200QBJay CutlerCHI@TEN$6,500RBArian FosterBUF@HOU$9,300RBMatt ForteCHI@TEN$7,400WRCalvin JohnsonDET@JAC$7,900WRBrandon MarshallCHI@TEN$7,000WRSteve SmithCAR@WAS$6,500TEGreg OlsenCAR@WAS$5,200KGarrett HartleyPHI@NO$5,000DDetroit LionsDET@JAC$5,000Go
Personally, I don't like Cutler at QB, but you can't argue with his price, since it lets you field a quality bunch of RBs & WRs. I'd take your extra $200 & go Graham at K & GB at DEF.Overall though, looks like it has as good a shot as any IMO.

Ok, here's my lienup. Tell me what you think I should change.Salary remaining:$200QBJay CutlerCHI@TEN$6,500RBArian FosterBUF@HOU$9,300RBMatt ForteCHI@TEN$7,400WRCalvin JohnsonDET@JAC$7,900WRBrandon MarshallCHI@TEN$7,000WRSteve SmithCAR@WAS$6,500TEGreg OlsenCAR@WAS$5,200KGarrett HartleyPHI@NO$5,000DDetroit LionsDET@JAC$5,000Go
Personally, I don't like Cutler at QB, but you can't argue with his price, since it lets you field a quality bunch of RBs & WRs. I'd take your extra $200 & go Graham at K & GB at DEF.Overall though, looks like it has as good a shot as any IMO.
Good call. Done, and done. Thanks

Good call. Done, and done. Thanks
my :2cents: a mite late: i'm with db on Cutler, he's got so much risk, mainly that he gets planted on his back a few times, gets happy feet, and starts throwing to the other team. You could likely put more money into QB by going with someone a little less than Calvin. He just isn't producing what that price is worth (IMHO), going with someone in the 6200-7k range would go a long way towards a better QB. Totally agree with DB on the kicker and defense. You pretty much have to spend more than 5k to have a decent one anymore.

The post above got me thinking: all the 5k values at K and D/ST seem to have dried up. Seems you pretty much have to pony up at least an extra hundred per, and I'm guessing in future weeks even more as the good ones get a track record (and higher prices) and the mediocre ones get pulled higher to make it balanced.

Any true freerolls on Fanduel or Draftstreet this week? Always try to find one and everything seems to be a buck or two that I'm finding.

edit: found DS - DS Freeroll When the error comes up, hit "click here" and you'll find yourself in a freeroll.

Any true freerolls on Fanduel or Draftstreet this week? Always try to find one and everything seems to be a buck or two that I'm finding.

edit: found DS - DS Freeroll When the error comes up, hit "click here" and you'll find yourself in a freeroll.
I can't seem to find anymore fanduel freerolls, just some low cost contests. seems like they used them for the first few weeks to get people in.

'Red Herring said:
'Bobcat10 said:

I can't seem to find anymore fanduel freerolls, just some low cost contests. seems like they used them for the first few weeks to get people in.
I've found FD Free rolls every week so far...this week, the only one I've found is on FanDuel's Facebook page. When you like the page, you get a link to enter the feeeroll.

'Red Herring said:
'Bobcat10 said:

I've found FD Free rolls every week so far...this week, the only one I've found is on FanDuel's Facebook page. When you like the page, you get a link to enter the feeeroll.
:thumbup:

'Red Herring said:
'Bobcat10 said:

:thumbup: :goodposting: the link for those that need it: Facebook Fanduel page The link to the freeroll is on the pageeta: Don't forget to check under $0. I found myself eligible for the "Bronze FDP Freeroll" just for getting 1000 fdp for the month.

NFL 10 player league (Expert) - $55k - Cost = $109

NFL 50/50 League ($109) (Expert) - $55k - Cost = $109

NFL 50/50 League ($50) (Expert) - $55k - Cost = $50

NFL 10 player league (Expert) - $55k - Cost = $50

NFL 50/50 League ($50) (Expert) - $55k - Cost = $50

NFL 3 player league (Expert) - $55k - Cost = $50

NFL 3 player league (Expert) - $55k - Cost = $25

NFL 10 player league (Expert) - $55k - Cost = $25

NFL 3 player league (Expert) - $55k - Cost = $25

NFL 50/50 League ($25) (Expert) - $55k - Cost = $25

NFL 3 player league (Expert) - $55k - Cost = $10

NFL 50/50 League ($10) (Expert) - $55k - Cost = $10

NFL Head-to-head (Expert) - $55k - Cost = $5

NFL 50/50 League ($109) - $60k - Cost = $109

NFL 50/50 League ($50) - $60k - Cost = $50

NFL 3 player league - $60k - Cost = $50

NFL 3 player league - $60k - Cost = $25

NFL 50/50 League ($25) - $60k - Cost = $25

NFL 50/50 League ($10) - $60k - Cost = $10

NFL 3 player league - $60k - Cost = $10

NFL 50/50 League ($50) (Beginner) - $65k - Cost = $50

NFL 3 player league (Beginner) - $65k - Cost = $25

NFL 10 player league (Expert) - $55k - Cost = $109 NFL 50/50 League ($109) (Expert) - $55k - Cost = $109 NFL 50/50 League ($50) (Expert) - $55k - Cost = $50 NFL 10 player league (Expert) - $55k - Cost = $50 NFL 50/50 League ($50) (Expert) - $55k - Cost = $50 NFL 3 player league (Expert) - $55k - Cost = $50 NFL 3 player league (Expert) - $55k - Cost = $25 NFL 10 player league (Expert) - $55k - Cost = $25 NFL 3 player league (Expert) - $55k - Cost = $25 NFL 50/50 League ($25) (Expert) - $55k - Cost = $25 NFL 3 player league (Expert) - $55k - Cost = $10 NFL 50/50 League ($10) (Expert) - $55k - Cost = $10 NFL Head-to-head (Expert) - $55k - Cost = $5 NFL 50/50 League ($109) - $60k - Cost = $109 NFL 50/50 League ($109) - $60k - Cost = $109 NFL 50/50 League ($109) - $60k - Cost = $109 NFL 50/50 League ($50) - $60k - Cost = $50 NFL 3 player league - $60k - Cost = $50 NFL 50/50 League ($50) - $60k - Cost = $50 NFL 50/50 League ($50) - $60k - Cost = $50 NFL 3 player league - $60k - Cost = $25 NFL 50/50 League ($25) - $60k - Cost = $25 NFL 50/50 League ($10) - $60k - Cost = $10 NFL 3 player league - $60k - Cost = $10 NFL 50/50 League ($50) (Beginner) - $65k - Cost = $50 NFL 3 player league (Beginner) - $65k - Cost = $25
Wow, I didn't even know they had 50/50s for higher stakes. Looks like a nice investment strategy.Also, taking pity on the other 2 guys in that $25 3 player Beginner league. :cry:

Teams I am rolling with:

Expert ($55K Roster) - It's almost impossible to get Foster in a $55K lineup, but I think he represents such an advantage that I am willing to roll with Skelton at QB. QBs have scored 13 TDs against GB in 8 games. I expect a blowout so Skelton could get charity yardage and a score late.

John Skelton

Arian Foster

Pierre Thomas

Greg Olsen

Brandon Marshall

Denarius Moore

Steve Smith

Green Bay Packers

Shayne Graham

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Normal ($60K Roster)

Cam Newton

Arian Foster

Pierre Thomas

Jimmy Graham

Brandon Marshall

Steve Smith

Denarius Moore

Green Bay Packers

Shayne Graham

Normal #2 ($60K roster)

Michael Vick

Arian Foster

Matt Forte

Greg Olsen

Brandon Marshall

Denarius Moore

Steve Smith

Green Bay Packers

Garrett Hartley

Beginner ($65K)

Drew Brees

Arian Foster

LeSean McCoy

Jimmy Graham

Brandon Marshall

Steve Smith

Marques Colston

Green Bay Packers

Shayne Graham

'Red Herring said:
'Bobcat10 said:

:thumbup: :goodposting: the link for those that need it: Facebook Fanduel page The link to the freeroll is on the pageeta: Don't forget to check under $0. I found myself eligible for the "Bronze FDP Freeroll" just for getting 1000 fdp for the month.
I can never find it on the FD site, but if you Google Peter King Fanduel, you'll get a link to the Peter King Fantasy challenge freeroll

'Red Herring said:
'Bobcat10 said:

I can never find it on the FD site, but if you Google Peter King Fanduel, you'll get a link to the Peter King Fantasy challenge freeroll
link

'Red Herring said:
'Bobcat10 said:

:goodposting: I would have missed this

Took the FBG deal and giving it a whirl this week. Loaded up on the Saints at home vs the Eagles

$60k

Brees

Foster

Thomas

Colston

D Moore

Shorts

Graham (TE)

Graham (K)

Packers

I'm really hating the fact that blocked punt TDs are disallowed on FanDuel. Had the Packers in multiple leagues last week and Chicago this week. I just can't figure out their logic.

Condia and I going H2H again today..

If you all wanna watch me beat that behind... LINK

Condia and I going H2H again today..

If you all wanna watch me beat that behind... LINK
:thumbup: glll GB I'm in a bunch of 50/50s he's in. ended up spreading about $100 over 51 contests, all but 4 are 50/50. And just added a 4pm and primetime 50/50. I just can't stop pressing ENTER...

eta: and a late 50/50. I really need to close my browser a while...

Foster looking like a waste of money so far.

Guess everyone thought he'd get like 180 yards and 3td's because they are playing the Bills. :hophead:

Sucks I only have Lashore on one of my teams.

getting my butt handed to me this week...was all over martin last week, but he wasn't on a single roster this week. went rg3 in a couple of leagues for the first time all year and he lays an egg.

Graham + Packers spells trouble for most of my lineups this week. Uggh. :own3d:
1 of 16 in my 1 pm, 4pm, & sun only lineups (placed 24 of 50 in 1 $2 50/50!). Down $31, with probably another $50 down after tonight. Wishing I had stuck with my original inclination to go light this week. Ended up with $94 out on Thurs - Sun games in all varieties, and will probably get about $15 coming back.Looks like its up to my $16 on Primetime matchups to pay off if I have any hope of salvaging the week. Still, can't seem to keep myself from checking it the values are up for next week yet. :boxing:

'emge said:
I rolled with this team for 1pm only games... and so far so good: scored 164.76CutlerFosterTRichMarshall SSmithCobbOlsenGouldBearsturned $22 into $172http://www.fanduel.com/entry/KTXWYThttp://www.fanduel.com/entry/TSFMTU
Good call. Are you going to be up overall for the week?

Spent $1,215 and cashed for $1,365. Defense and kicker hurt me pretty bad as many rosters crushed me there. I also expected Pierre Thomas to be the main back instead of a huge committee approach. I was waffling between Denarius Moore and DeSean Jackson too which left dollars on the table when I chose wrong. I considered diversifying and should have with Moore/Jackson just to have a few more guys on MNF. All in all pleased with the small win. Onto week 10

Spent $1,215 and cashed for $1,365. Defense and kicker hurt me pretty bad as many rosters crushed me there. I also expected Pierre Thomas to be the main back instead of a huge committee approach. I was waffling between Denarius Moore and DeSean Jackson too which left dollars on the table when I chose wrong. I considered diversifying and should have with Moore/Jackson just to have a few more guys on MNF. All in all pleased with the small win. Onto week 10
This is why I took this week off. Risking 1200 to win 150 seemed like the odds this week. I'm glad you made something of a dent.

I both love and hate how 1 play can go from win to lose. Celek's fumble turned a small profit into a small loss for the week

Graham + Packers spells trouble for most of my lineups this week. Uggh. :own3d:
1 of 16 in my 1 pm, 4pm, & sun only lineups (placed 24 of 50 in 1 $2 50/50!). Down $31, with probably another $50 down after tonight. Wishing I had stuck with my original inclination to go light this week. Ended up with $94 out on Thurs - Sun games in all varieties, and will probably get about $15 coming back.Looks like its up to my $16 on Primetime matchups to pay off if I have any hope of salvaging the week. Still, can't seem to keep myself from checking it the values are up for next week yet. :boxing:
Ended up not as bad as I thought. Spent $94 & cashed $45 for a loss of $49.Went 10/24 on my 50/50s (spent $62 & cashed $39) & a whopping 1/22 on my tourneys (spent $32 & cashed $6).Happy that I still have some $$ in the till to play with. Overall for the season I'm sitting up $365 - the bulk of that coming from one $250 win on a $7 entry tourney. Really enjoying the variety of the games on Fanduel, & glad that FBG set up the promo. I probably wouldn't have jumped in without it.

Glad you ended up on the plus side. Nicely done.

Went 6-1 on my 50/50's this week. After two losing weeks in a row it was nice to book a nice win. Having Brandon Marshall in every league helped.

Considering I didn't start The Muscle Hamster, I'm OK with spending $71 and getting back $83.70. I still have a $5 primetime 50/50 I can cash in too(Wayne and Vinatieri left). I Went 7-1 in $5 50/50s. If I would just play more 50/50s, I'd probably do better, but I'm a sucker for the cheap tourneys. lol

I can't believe Palmer did that well and Moore did nothing, think I had him in every lineup.

I had a nice week. Got in 17 total leagues. 3 tourneys and 14 50/50s. 84 dollars wagered and I won 155. I cashed in all the 50/50s with two lineups.

Vick

Foster

Thomas

Wayne

Green

Marshall

Olsen or Miller ( I forgot which was in which)

Nugent or Barth

Chicago def

Other lineup

Freeman

McCoy

Stewart

D. Thomas

Marshall

Wayne

Olsen or Miller

Barth or Nugent

Chicago def

I had a nice week. Got in 17 total leagues. 3 tourneys and 14 50/50s. 84 dollars wagered and I won 155. I cashed in all the 50/50s with two lineups. VickFosterThomasWayneGreen MarshallOlsen or Miller ( I forgot which was in which)Nugent or BarthChicago defOther lineupFreemanMcCoyStewartD. ThomasMarshallWayneOlsen or MillerBarth or Nugent Chicago def
Whew, Chicago D and Marshall saved your bacon. I bet you were sweating until Marshall got the two grabage 4th quarter TD's. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread