What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fantasy Benchwarmer 2012 Dynasty Rankings PPR (1 Viewer)

Finished all my drafts and wanted to post my dynasty ppr rankings. Comments are why I ranked them at that spot. I find during a draft it is easier to choose a player if you know why you like them.

DYNASTY RANKINGS PPR

QUARTER BACKS

1st tier Cant go wrong

01. Aaron Rodgers GB Will be great again. No downside.

02. Drew Brees NO Now that the contract is done should not miss a beat. He is the safe bet after Rogers is gone.

03. Matthew Stafford DET Good WRs / TE Helped by limited RB position. Team will continue to throw more than they should. Health could become an issue.

2nd tier can get some of these guys later in the draft.

04. Cam Newton CAR Running ability makes him elite. 68 rushing TDs lowers his value this year but dynasty value is top 5

05. Eli Manning NYG Gets better each year. Randle and Wilson can only help.

06. Matt Ryan ATL 2nd half play should continue this year. 3 WR sets should raise his numbers.

3rd tier All 3 should put up great numbers but all have questions.

07. Tony Romo DAL With a running game this year should improve on his numbers.

08. Philip Rivers SD Will continue to spread the ball around.

09. Tom Brady NE Has a few great years left. Age not on his side. I like him this year to put up the numbers but next might be out of my top 10. Offensive line scares me.

4th tier Both should be great in dynasty leagues but I want to see them play first before moving them up further.

10. Andrew Luck IND Building team around him. IND offense is going to be much better.

11. Robert Griffin III WAS Special playmaker. I like WASH offensive line so he should have time to make plays. Just misses top 10.

5th tier- Injuries and old age scare me but great upside if healthy

12. Peyton Manning DEN He will finally have a running game. Some good WRs will make Manning look like his old self.(numbers will be down but still good) Love him for this year but you must get a good backup just in case.

13. Matt Schaub HOU Should be healthy. I think this year 50/50 split. Offensive line wont mess so they are going to be forced to throw early. #1 Sleeper QB for me.(I might be in the minority but I really do like him.) Schaub will be top UFA QB in 2013. Houston made a mistake not resigning him before the season starts. KC could be landing spot next year.

14. Michael Vick PHI Age is slowing him down. Injury risk. Already had a scare. I will avoid. If you do draft Vick make sure you get good backup.

6th tier Looking for a backup

15. Sam Bradford STL Young QB with a lot of talent.

16. Jake Locker TEN Offense should let him flourish. Still inexperienced. Stupid mistakes. Not ready to be a fantasy starter.

17. Jay Cutler CHI Hoping Forte signs to help him out. Should put up good numbers.

18. Carson Palmer OAK Training camp didnt help him get on the same page with WRs. I still like him as my backup

19. Ben Roethlisberger PIT New offense should keep him healthy. Quick, short passes will add up.

20. Ryan Fitzpatrick BUF I love the offense and the defense should keep the team close. Can he step it up?

21. Josh Freeman TB Additions of Jackson and Martin should help him.

22. Russell Wilson SEA Moving up a lot of draft boards. Regular season different from Pre-season. I am waiting to see how he handles the pressure.

23. Andy Dalton CIN Good QB. System seems holds him back.

24. Brandon Weeden CLE Rookie that will start from day one. Richardson will give him an outlet.

25. Joe Flacco BAL Still a running team first. Defense not as good as years past so I think Flacco will have to throw more.

26. Ryan Tannehill MIA Will take time to develop.

7th tier The rest of the Qbs

27. Matt Flynn SEA Lost the starting job but should get a chance down the road.

28. Kevin Kolb ARI Lost the job. Dont like at all.

29. Matt Cassel KC Last season to prove he wasnt a fluke. Could be 1st QB benched.

30. Christian Ponder MIN Should continue to develop. Dont see great numbers from him.

31. Alex Smith SF Running system. Hopefully they open it up this year.

32. Mark Sanchez NYJ Might not last as the starter past week 5. Tebow will start eventually.

33. Blaine Gabbert JAC Preseason hype. Cant be any worse.

34. John Skelton ARI Starter for now.

35. Tim Tebow NYJ Rushing TDs Starter eventually but will he be able to hold onto it.

36. T.J. Yates HOU Could be Houstons starter next year.

37. Ryan Mallett NE Bradys backup. Great system.

38. Matt Hasselbeck TEN Backup QB and mentor to Locker

39. Colin Kaepernick SF Will he ever get a chance to start?

RUNNING BACKS

1st tier Elite Group. Cant go wrong.

01. LeSean McCoy PHI My top RB in dynasty

02. Ray Rice BAL All round player. Never seems to leave the field.

03. Arian Foster HOU System RB. Must get Tate as handcuff.

2nd tier All have questions but still great RBs

04. Trent Richardson CLE Love him. Grab him now. Buy low.

05. Matt Forte CHI Dependable Safest pick in this group

06. Chris Johnson TEN Still top RB. Last year hold out hurt him.

07. Maurice Jones-Drew JAC Holdout over. Injury concern because he missed preseason)

08. DeMarco Murray DAL 3-down and TD back

09. Ryan Matthews SD Injury concern but little competition

10. Darren McFadden OAK injury concerns but one of the best when healthy

11. Marshawn Lynch SEA Workhorse in a running offense. Rookie QB scares me.

12. Adrian Peterson MIN Wont play early but when he finally plays will put up top 10 numbers.

13. Jamaal Charles KC Time share with Hillis will hurt him this year but next should be the main guy.

3rd tier PPR Studs and Steals

14. Darren Sproles NO PPR God. Will lose a little to Ingram but in PPR still the NO back to grab first.

15. Doug Martin TB should take over during the year and be TBs 3-down back Buy low

16. Jonathan Stewart CAR Should get more of the load going forward. Stud next year. Buy low

17. C.J. Spiller BUF Should split time but will prove he can be the main back. Buy low

18. David Wilson NYG If he learns the system he will start sooner rather than later. Great upside. Buy low

19. Mark Ingram NO Love how he looks in pre-season. Should be much improved from last year. Will have 10+ TDs. Buy low.

20. Ryan Williams ARI Looks like a keeper so far. Might share time this year but next will be the main rb. Buy low.

4th tier Still good but age is catching up

21. Fred Jackson BUF Should split time but might be left behind if Spiller proves his worth.

22. Steven Jackson STL This year might be huge but might be his last as cow-bell.

5th tier Mixture to guys holding on to jobs barely and young guys waiting in the wings.

23. Reggie Bush MIA Still main back in Miamis offense. Thomas might eat away at his carries and TDs.

24. Ben Tate HOU One of the most talented RBs that wont get his chance yet. Buy low.

25. Peyton Hillis KC Looks like his old self in pre-season. Should prove his worth and get main job next year.

26. Stevan Ridley NE TD machine. Might now get a lot of receiving yards but TDs will make up for it.

27. Frank Gore SF Older and slower. Might lose carries to Hunter this year.

28. Rashard Mendenhall PIT Will miss start of season but still talented back. FA in 2013.

29. JacQuizz Rodgers ATL Should be main back in 3WR set. Dont forget about Snelling. Snelling might get all the TDs if Turner gets hurt. Buy low if you still can.

30. Willis McGahee DEN Hoping he stays healthy.

31. Chris Wells ARI Dont think he remains healthy.

32. Shonn Greene NYJ Might get 1k yards but Tebow is going to steal a bunch of his TDs

33. Ahmad Bradshaw NYG injuries will make him a limited player. Time share with Wilson.

34. BenJarvus Green-Ellis CIN Should share time but get TDs.

6th tier Should be good PPR RBs but still developing

35. Isaiah Pead STL Future PPR back (slower developing player but good upside)

36. Ronnie Hillman DEN PPR back (slower developing player but good upside)

37. Shane Vereen NE Will split time but will play more than people think. PPR worthy.

38. Mikel LeShoure DET Could be special if he can stay healthy. Buy low.

39. Kendall Hunter SF Gores replacement. Buy low

40. Alex Green GB PPR 3rd down back. Should get more carries as season goes on. Buy low.

7th tier Might be useful this year but not next.

41. Donald Brown IND 3 down back. Should be great this year but might not be franchise back Indy wants.

42. Kevin Smith DET Only healthy RB in explosive offense. LeShoure will take over eventually.

43. Michael Turner ATL Looks very slow. Rogers and Snelling will be taking over very soon.

44. Jahvid Best DET Concussions worry me. LeShoure will take over eventually.

45. DeAngelo Williams CAR Time share this year. Might have to take a pay cut next year to stay.

8th tier The rest

46. Jason Snelling Should share time with Rogers and goal line back if Turner gets injuried.

47. Lamar Miller MIA If given the chance should shine. PPR

48. Michael Bush CHI TD machine. Wont get many carries.

49. LeGarrette Blount TB Fumbler

50. Rashad Jennings JAC MJD showed up. Moved down 10 spots but still going to get playing time.

51. Daniel Thomas MIA Should push Bush. Time share.

52. Isaac Redman PIT Hurt already and Dwyer moving closer to taking spot.

53. Jonathan Dwyer PIT Coming on strong. Dont think he can handle full time load.

54. Toby Gerhart MIN Peterson might start week 1.

55. Roy Helu WAS Hate Washington RBs. I never draft them. Most talented on team but cant rely on playing time.

56. Evan Royster WAS Hate Washington RBs. I never draft them. Cant rely on playing time.

WIDE RECEIVERS

1st tier No question of his value

1. Calvin Johnson, Lions Should be top dog for a long time

2nd tier WR Studs

2. Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals Still puts up great numbers on a crappy team

3. Brandon Marshall, Bears Seems to be on the same page with Cutler

4. A.J. Green, Bengals Should increase numbers across the board

5. Julio Jones, Falcons Beast that will become more of the offense

3rd tier Rounding out top 10. Great talent and steady numbers

6. Roddy White, Falcons Still great PPR WR. Jones will steal some looks.

7. Victor Cruz, Giants Love the offense both WRs should get 130 targets again

8. Hakeem Nicks, Giants Love the offense both WRs should get 130 targets again

9. Stevie Johnson, Bills Has the skills to move up into the top 10

10. Greg Jennings, Packers GB offense gives WR lots of targets

4th tier Very strong producers

11. Jordy Nelson, Packers GB offense gives WR lots of targets. If Jennings gets injuried Nelson becomes top 5 WR

12. Andre Johnson, Texans Offense runs more so his numbers wont be as dominate as they once were. Still very valuable PPR WR

13. Wes Welker, Patriots PPR God but Lloyd will get some looks so Welker loses some value. Also UFA next year so where he lands will determine his value.

14. Percy Harvin, Vikings Finally healthy and the main WR.

15. Dez Bryant, Cowboys Will be the #1 WR on Dallas

16. Mike Wallace, Steelers Seems to know how to get open.

17. Marques Colston, Saints Will be the go to WR

18. Dwayne Bowe, Chiefs Still top 20 Buy low

19. Eric Decker, Broncos Will be Mannings favorite WR PPR

20. Jeremy Maclin, Eagles Health a concern but love his abilities when healthy.

5th tier Talented Group

21. Demaryius Thomas, Broncos Numbers should go up with more playing time with Manning

22. Antonio Brown, Steelers Speed kills. Buy low.

23. Vincent Jackson, Buccaneers Numbers will be down but not too much.

24. Torrey Smith, Ravens Will be a big part of offense.

25. Brandon Lloyd, Patriots NEs offense should give him one on one coverage where he will find the endzone.

26. Kenny Britt, Titans Very talented WR. Suspension will hurt but will prove his worth when he returns. Buy low.

27. Titus Young, Lions Will be #2 WR on potent offense PPR

28. DeSean Jackson, Eagles Explosive WR

29. Pierre Garcon, Redskins Main WR weapon

30. Justin Blackmon, Jaguars Will show why he was first WR off the board.

31. Sidney Rice, Seahawks Health a concern but very talented. Buy low.

6th tier Age and health concerns.

32. Steve Smith, Panthers Still good PPR WR. Age will start to show.

33. Miles Austin, Cowboys Injuries hurt his value.

34. Reggie Wayne, Colts Still has gas in the tank. With Collie injured Wayne will be main WR.

35. Denarius Moore, Raiders Cant seem to stay healthy. Love his talent.

7th tier Lots of questions but talented.

36. Darrius Heyward-Bey, Raiders #1 WR by default.

37. Greg Little, Browns If he gets over the drops then he will be a good sleeper pick if not will be behind Gordon soon.

38. Robert Meachem, Chargers Great upside but Rivers and him need to get on the same page.

39. Randall Cobb, Packers Should get more playing time. Will be a stud in GB very soon.

40. Kendall Wright, Titans Very talented but his size worries me. Can he take the punishment.

41. Josh Gordon, Browns Could be #1 soon. Very talented but off field issues could hurt him. Buy low.

42. Brandon LaFell, Panthers Could be Smiths replacement in a couple years.

43. Doug Baldwin, Seahawks PPR sleeper.

44. Jon Baldwin, Chiefs Came on in practice but hasnt shown it in games. Still waiting for him to breakout.

45. Alshon Jeffery, Bears Looks to be #2 WR. Don't know how busy he will be with other weapons on team.

46. Rueben Randle, Giants Didn't win #3 WR spot so will have slow start until wins job.

47. Danny Amendola, Rams PPR gold if he can stay healthy.

48. Santonio Holmes, Jets Are the Jets going to throw the ball this year? Holmes might be traded or waived if he speaks out again. Might help his ff value if this happens.

49. Michael Floyd, Cardinals Slow to develop. Still good potential.

50. Earl Bennett, Bears Could become more of a target then Jeffery this year.

51. Anquan Boldin, Ravens Still has something left.

52. Michael Crabtree, 49ers Talented but stuck on rushing offense.

53. Malcom Floyd, Chargers Injury prone.

54. Lance Moore, Saints Should produce more than last year but not much more.

55. Mike Williams, Buccaneers Should gain some of his production he lost but still not enough.

8th tier Best of the rest

56. Laurent Robinson, Jaguars How many targets will he get? I don't think very many.

57. Austin Collie, Colts concussions

58. Davone Bess, Dolphins will the offense be any good?

59. Nate Washington, Titans

60. Santana Moss, Redskins

61. Randy Moss, 49ers

62. Mario Manningham, 49ers

63. Leonard Hankerson, Redskins

64. Emmanuel Sanders, Steelers

65. Vincent Brown, Chargers

66. Nate Burleson, Lions

67. James Jones, Packers

68. Stephen Hill, Jets

69. Steve Breaston, Chiefs

70. David Nelson, Bills

Tight ends (added 9/5/12)

1st Tier

1. Jimmy Graham, Saints

2. Rob Gronkowski, Patriots

2nd Tier

3. Aaron Hernandez, Patriots

4. Vernon Davis, 49ers

5. Jason Witten, Cowboys

6. Antonio Gates, Chargers

7. Jermichael Finley, Packers

8. Brandon Pettigrew, Lions

3rd Tier

9. Fred Davis, Redskins

10. Jared Cook, Titans

11. Brent Celek, Eagles

12. Greg Olsen, Panthers

13. Jermaine Gresham, Bengals

4th tier

14. Owen Daniels, Texans

15. Scott Chandler, Bills

16. Jacob Tamme, Broncos

17. Tony Gonzalez, Falcons

18. Dustin Keller, Jets

19. Kyle Rudolph, Vikings

20. Joel Dreessen, Broncos

21. Lance Kendricks, Rams

22. Marcedes Lewis, Jaguars

23. Coby Fleener, Colts

5th tier

24. Dallas Clark, Buccaneers

25. Heath Miller, Steelers

26. Ed Dickson, Ravens

27. Tony Moeaki, Chiefs

28. James Casey, Texans

29. Anthony Fasano, Dolphins

Last edited by a moderator:
Look pretty good, definitely some I disagree with which would happen with anybody's rankings, but not a ton.

At QB, I think you've got Brady and Luck too low. Brady's 16 months older than Brees. Why is Brees 7 spots above him? I'd take Luck over Rivers/Romo easily. Both are in their 30s. Rivers doesn't look right. Romo is pretty injury prone and won't age well.

At RB, I think you have Ryan Williams way too high at #20. He's looking like a RBBC on a terrible running team. Seems like a ton of stuff would have to break his way just to justify the ranking you have him at, much less to exceed it. I'd take a guy like Reggie Bush who is much easier to project over him for sure.

I also think as a general matter, you don't seem to treat age consistently. Wes Welker is 13th but Steve Smith is in the 30s? They're both pretty close to the end in my opinion. Same with the extremely low ranking for Michael Turner. I just can't see having long shot type guys like Alex Green above him. He's going to have a good season. If you were going to put all the older RBs low, I guess I'd understand but you have Sproles ahead of Doug Martin.

Look pretty good, definitely some I disagree with which would happen with anybody's rankings, but not a ton.At QB, I think you've got Brady and Luck too low. Brady's 16 months older than Brees. Why is Brees 7 spots above him? I'd take Luck over Rivers/Romo easily. Both are in their 30s. Rivers doesn't look right. Romo is pretty injury prone and won't age well.At RB, I think you have Ryan Williams way too high at #20. He's looking like a RBBC on a terrible running team. Seems like a ton of stuff would have to break his way just to justify the ranking you have him at, much less to exceed it. I'd take a guy like Reggie Bush who is much easier to project over him for sure.I also think as a general matter, you don't seem to treat age consistently. Wes Welker is 13th but Steve Smith is in the 30s? They're both pretty close to the end in my opinion. Same with the extremely low ranking for Michael Turner. I just can't see having long shot type guys like Alex Green above him. He's going to have a good season. If you were going to put all the older RBs low, I guess I'd understand but you have Sproles ahead of Doug Martin.
Remember these rankings are for Dynasty PPR. I look at Dynasty as 3 years down the road. Some people look longer but too many things change if you look past 3 years. Proven PPR guys I have ranked higher unless they have health issues or system issues. Sometimes I just don't like a player. Brady's offensive line worries me. I think he is going to have big problems if Waters doesn't come back. Luck and Griffin are low because they haven't played a down yet in the NFL. I like to see QB's play. I have seen too many wash out. I don't think either will and that's why they are ranked were they are.Rivers with a healthy Gates will be fine and Romo is still the Dallas offense. Both QB's will be throwing the ball more than people think. Welker is a stud PPR and should stay that way for a while. He is a UFA next year and could sign with another team. I think Steve Smith and Michael Turner are on the down side of their careers. They will be getting less targets and carries from here on now. I don't like to be holding a player with zero fantasy value.I would have Doug Martin above Sproles if Blount wasn't there. I also want to see how much they will run in that offense. Sproles and Martin should be very good PPR players.

Users who are viewing this thread